Page 216 of 380 FirstFirst ... 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... LastLast
Results 5,376 to 5,400 of 9498
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    ^^^ ditto i like the miterless window framing finish

sorry had fam in town and missed this
    i see the shaw roofing truck in the ski parking lots and havent ever heard anything bad bout em
    ive used those s5 lock onto the standing seam and run bars, retention system but you need a prominent standing seam and if its steep and deep and the snow can git moving you may need more than one row
    im not a fan of face screwing snow eagles or guards into metal but if there's a bithithane underlayment they wont ussually leak
    Thank you, and Tuco, and everyone else.

I called Shaw and they are coming over this week for an estimate. Much appreciated!

My standing seam isn't prominent IMO but I'm sure they will know better than me.

not sure if I've posted this one here yet: a feed of really nice houses on IG [a shelter mag down under]
    @thelocalproject -- https://www.instagram.com/thelocalproject/

makes me want to visit to see the range of remarkable homes in what seems like a relatively small market [maybe that's my hubris, tho]

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Sorry, just getting back to this thread and my question about stain.

Can’t get Sikkens/PPG or Messmers anywhere near here. HD carries PPG, but not in VA. No Flood, either.

Looks like I should be considering a tinted semi transparent or a neutral base for better UV protection? I got a lot of fence and this shit is starting to add up. I was gonna pay the neighborhood handyman to do the job but he’s just going to spray it on and I don’t want to have that argument with him. The new fence is brand new and seems worth the effort. Old fence is probably 15 years old so I’m maybe more inclined to go cheaper on supplies.
    No PPG stores in Vermont(pretty sure they carry all those products)?
    Benjamin Moore ArborCoat?
    That Cabot's someone mentioned is good shit!
    Yep, more tint= more uv protection.
    Fuck spray only on a fence. Fuck that handyman. Backbrush is key. Get a good brush and if your fence is that big, don't fuck around and get yourself a RuffRider. Things are no joke! Don't get the Shurline imitation, that thing is a joke!
    Flood coat and brush out. The old fence will accept more than new and don't forget to saturate endgrains.
    Have Fun

school me on tyvek staplers.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

So the cap ones aren't worth it?

Yep. Yellow Stanley hammer tacker. They all kinda suck and jam up. If it does just hit the top with a chisel or whatever to clear the jam.

Or if you're going for Alaskan siding hit it with a scorpion and it'll stay put a bit longer. Also put it on upside down to post off neighbors/contractors...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

don't need the caps unless it is going to be exposed for a long time, and even then...

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Yep. Yellow Stanley hammer tacker. They all kinda suck and jam up. If it does just hit the top with a chisel or whatever to clear the jam.

Or if you're going for Alaskan siding hit it with a scorpion and it'll stay put a bit longer. Also put it on upside down to post off neighbors/contractors...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    awrighty.

But Timberridge said the water would flow upwards if I installed it upside down.

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Arrow pneumatic just squeeze the trigger T-50 staples 1/4-9/16”
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633381785.963390.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	624.1 KB 
ID:	387859
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    school me on tyvek staplers.
    i've got a grip rite 5/8 cap stapler you're more than welcome to borrow. I also have plenty of caps n staples that would be prime for bartering for a bottle out of the cellar du highmen

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    No PPG stores in Vermont(pretty sure they carry all those products)?
    Benjamin Moore ArborCoat?
    That Cabot's someone mentioned is good shit!
    Yep, more tint= more uv protection.
    Fuck spray only on a fence. Fuck that handyman. Backbrush is key. Get a good brush and if your fence is that big, don't fuck around and get yourself a RuffRider. Things are no joke! Don't get the Shurline imitation, that thing is a joke!
    Flood coat and brush out. The old fence will accept more than new and don't forget to saturate endgrains.
    Have Fun
    Thanks. Virginny, not VT. Looks like I can get Arborcoat but they don’t have much. Got a week of rain to mull it over.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    i've got a grip rite 5/8 cap stapler you're more than welcome to borrow. I also have plenty of caps n staples that would be prime for bartering for a bottle out of the cellar du highmen
    Let me go root around in the cellar to see if I could find something worthy.

mogen david or ripple?

Mad Dog!? Breaking out the good stuff. What flavor?

Mad Dog!? Breaking out the good stuff. What flavor?
    20/20 Strawberry Kiwi!

Thanks. Virginny, not VT. Looks like I can get Arborcoat but they don’t have much. Got a week of rain to mull it over.
    Where in the Old Dominion are you? I was a NoVa High schooler and VCU grad.

I just put 8 gallons of cabots semi-solid on a new, 130 foot cedar fence for fellow mag rideit a few days ago.
    I use a sprayer and backbrush. Spraying alone doesn't massage it in as much and will sag like a mofo; brushing it on will give you one big arm, a sore back and a distaste for all things stain.

What Tuco said: Flood the surface with a sprayer and then brush it in and make sure it's equally saturated so no marks, sags or drips - holidays in the biz.
    Remember to go back and look for holidays every 5 minutes or so.

I use a 6" stain brush screwed onto a short extension pole and get busy. Spray about 5-10 boards then brush it in. Ideally you'll have more than you need and if the brush loads, empty it out onto the next dry one.

Have a small bucket with stain in it (~1/2") but not too much, for the brush. If the bucket has too much in it, you'll be starting with a full brush too, which is not really what you want.

About Arborcoat: It is high quality stuff but can be finicky in my experience to apply.

Don't apply it on a warm surface as it dries quick and lap marks are hard to avoid.
    In the morning, in the shade is ideal. I'd reduce it to 3-5 boards per spray/ brush cycle.
    Otoh, done well, it can be an A+ finish and lasts a while longer than many.
    Any Bennymo product should be quality. Their Aura paint is topnotch but a mofo to get off your hands.

Hope I'm not coming off as too remedial. It can be easy if done in the correct order, but shit can go south quick if your system is janky.

Good luck, keep us posted.

You ever tried a RuffRider Djongo?

Woodguard is my favorite for preserving wood. Similar to flood but lasts longer. Mail order from these guys https://www.twincreeksloghomes.com/
    Spray and back brush for the win

You ever tried a RuffRider Djongo?
    I had to look that up; No, I've never even seen one.
    Interesting.

The standard around here is the Master Stainer, also by Bestt/liebco or the Linzer 6".
    I've worn more than a few of those down to a nub on fresh cob blasted log McMansions.

It doesn't replace a brush, because it's pretty cumbersome for edges n shit, but one swipe and you're moving on!
    If you're doing a lot of rough cedar n such, I'm telling ya,the thing will put a smile on your face! At least till the morning phatty wears off!
    Aura is great paint, just don't put it on walls! You ever tried BM SkuffX? That shits dope and about 1/2 the price

Alternative way to "finish" a cedar fence: leave it the fuck alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Fuck my wife
    She always wants to seal or stain cedar. Which defeats the whole point of cedar.
    Cedar is as cedar does. Let it be.
    . . .

Home Remodel: Do, Don'ts, Advice

Thanks, dudes! That makes sense to me. Only problem now is finding enough stain in stock. Both fences are treated pine. Old fence was already here, new fence was against my will, I wasn’t gonna sport for cedar.

I’ll see your upside down Tyvek and raise you a bunch of muddy boot prints.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633642501.847860.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	388197

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Cuz that looks like shit....?

Cuz that looks like shit....?
    Agreed. I love natural cedar tone when it’s fresh, so just put some transparent shit on there.

Bone grey oxidized cedar looks like shit.