Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
    With just 2cm reported Sunday morning we opted to skin Hollyburn on the Shore and not drive up. Cypress reported 20cms overnight and it was puking on the North Shore.

Several really good laps.

Quote Originally Posted by shirk View Post
    With just 2cm reported Sunday morning we opted to skin Hollyburn on the Shore and not drive up. Cypress reported 20cms overnight and it was puking on the North Shore.

Several really good laps.

it's still puking. About 15cms on Cypress in the morning.

Thanks gramboh!

Awesome weather. I love it.

It was odd yesterday a.m. on the drive up. Snowing in Van, clear around Lions Bay all the way up to Whistler. Then, fresh cold ass snow and no lines on a Sunday?!

So bass ackwards.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ntry-1.2549923

Very bad news. Glad it wasn't one of the many friends I have who go out there regularly...

Quote Originally Posted by filthyfrenchbum View Post
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...ntry-1.2549923

Very bad news. Glad it wasn't one of the many friends I have who go out there regularly...
    no kidding, also still hoping I don't know the person who died on kootenay pass either...skied that area last season when I was living in nelson, beauty, but can definitely see how it can bite.

damn... 29 year old from burnaby...

stay safe out there boys and girls.

i'll try to add some visual stoke all.

another mellow day on seymour.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2963.jpg 
Views:	1229 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	151389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_2973.jpg 
Views:	1239 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	151390  

^^^ Great couple shots there Kalisto.

I went up last night with head lamps... it had warmed up significantly into the evening. Snow became heavy, but it was fun to snag a few remaining head-lamp lit lines.

Sad sad news on the Pemby and Kootenay slide victims. My friends Dad was in the Vicinity of that Kootenay slide on the same day.
    The skills of evaluating evidence, posing questions and answering them, of writing, of mobilizing information in order to make an argument. I think all of that is important in a democratic society if people are actually going to be active citizens - Eric Foner

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKS View Post
    ^^^ Great couple shots there Kalisto.

I went up last night with head lamps... it had warmed up significantly into the evening. Snow became heavy, but it was fun to snag a few remaining head-lamp lit lines.
    Almost drove up to Cypress after work but it was already warming up around 6pm at my place in East Van so I pulled the plug. Interestingly it was absolutely dumping thick heavy snowflakes at the office at the same time (on the Fraser in south Burnaby).

Looks like the high FL will be short lived and followed by cold and clear for a while into next week.

Sounds like conditions for a good thick Melt Freeze crust. Will make for safer backcountry travel soon, but then kick our asses once again after the next storm cycle. Seems to be repetitive in that way this year

Quote Originally Posted by kalisto View Post
    damn... 29 year old from burnaby...

stay safe out there boys and girls.

i'll try to add some visual stoke all.

another mellow day on seymour.

Nice shot. Is that the SouthéWest facing line off of first Peak deep down in the trough
    What if "Alternative" energy wasn't so alternative ?

Quote Originally Posted by bad dancer View Post
    Nice shot. Is that the SouthéWest facing line off of first Peak deep down in the trough
    Yeah that area more or less

Coquihalla AC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=U...&v=Nv0_bl73xDM

From Needle peak today

Coquihalla. -6 valley +7 needle col@ 1850m. Hasty on ENE aspect 28deg. HS 320+ Nil result CT. SS result RP 105 and 70

^
    ^
    ^
    Still had good pow on N facing treeline the last couple days, 1650-2000m.
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Amazing vid.

Local dentist finds the stupid stash long after the storm. North facing stuff is still fresh!

Last edited by powder11; 02-27-2014 at 02:57 PM.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Who put this gem in on Tuesday?? I saw it from Crystal and figured someone was about to die. Glad no one did, but Wango noticed it too. That high traverse offends the gods. http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.c...y-27-2014.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image+19.jpg 
Views:	808 
Size:	439.1 KB 
ID:	151557

Quote Originally Posted by SquamptonBC View Post
    Who put this gem in on Tuesday?? [/url]

people are dumb....

Photos from Feb 25th. Lots of widespread avalanche activity out there all over the place, North facing, South facing, Alpine, Treeline... hope everyone made smart conservative terrain choices out there today and made it home safely! Vera and I saw lots of people riding without riding without backpacks, people riding solo, and and people riding under large cornices and highmarking sketchy slopes we were certain were going to go. Definitely was stressful and scary at times watching all of this going on from our flat safe areas we were playing in.

Quote Originally Posted by SquamptonBC View Post
    Who put this gem in on Tuesday?? I saw it from Crystal and figured someone was about to die. Glad no one did, but Wango noticed it too. That high traverse offends the gods. http://www.wayneflannavalancheblog.c...y-27-2014.html

Thats my photo on Wango's blog.

Not naming names... but the culprit was actually discovered to be a former FWT competitor, as well as, the local resortquest delivery person who was busted by RCMP last fall for driving around with a couple pounds of weed all broken up into small little baggies for sale to her customers. Certainly not the brightest bulb and well known for reckless behavior.
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

On Tuesday afternoon I saw two people cut the rope to take the high traverse into lakeside bowl after patrol had closed it due to increasing avalanche danger. I then proceeded to watch live as a pretty decent size natural avalanche ripped down the centre of the bowl starting way above them and continuing on past the traverse only missing them by a couple of metres. They waited until it finished and then continued on their way along the traverse. Wtf

Quote Originally Posted by djbooter View Post
    On Tuesday afternoon I saw two people cut the rope to take the high traverse into lakeside bowl after patrol had closed it due to increasing avalanche danger. I then proceeded to watch live as a pretty decent size natural avalanche ripped down the centre of the bowl starting way above them and continuing on past the traverse only missing them by a couple of metres. They waited until it finished and then continued on their way along the traverse. Wtf
    Welcome to W/B... watch your back and keep your head on a swivel!

N facing pow still beautifully preserved for ski ballet

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    Thats my photo on Wango's blog.

Not naming names... but the culprit was actually discovered to be a former FWT competitor, as well as, the local resortquest delivery person who was busted by RCMP last fall for driving around with a couple pounds of weed all broken up into small little baggies for sale to her customers. Certainly not the brightest bulb and well known for reckless behavior.
    Wow, with how strict the laws are on dealing/drugs thanks to harper how is she not in jail after that? Some error in handling the case/evidence? Last I checked you got more jail time for dealing weed than being a sex offender in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post
    N facing pow still beautifully preserved for ski ballet

Hee hee...

Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    Wow, with how strict the laws are on dealing/drugs thanks to harper how is she not in jail after that? Some error in handling the case/evidence? Last I checked you got more jail time for dealing weed than being a sex offender in Canada.
    Probably narced out someone higher up on the food chain.