Page 9 of 929 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    or who knows; maybe the majority of the population has already had the virus, was asymptomatic and we’re already a lot closer to herd immunity than thought.
    I doubt this is the case, but I am going to donate blood soon and they do a antibodies test when you donate. Maybe donate some blood and find out if you've already had it?

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I still want a signed notorized document by the anti vaxxers and non mask wearers and hoaxers saying “I will not seek medical help when I get sick”

To say I’m tired is an understatement. To be ridiculed and harassed by people who are, frankly, ignorant, has become enraging. Just pushed too far
    I would love to see that type of form circulated to these folks. How ridiculous.

Every one of the doctors I'm friends with (5) and nurses are stoked to get a vaccine for COVID-19.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    What?! We still use thalidomide today? In people? This goes deeper than we thought. How can we trust science to get things 100% right 100% of the time now and into the future? If we can’t then I say we abandon science altogether.
    Agreed. Let's assign regional Shaman to ward off the evil spirits and have the corona virus dissolve into the sea. Strategically placed the Shaman can resolve this pandemic within days. Way more reasonable approach to the cure than any pseudo-scientific vaccine. To paraphrase Shakespeare, 'first, kill all the scientists....'

Argh...

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post

Wake up sheeple!
    That's a pretty weak triangle the old lady is making with her hands. Maybe to be less obvious about it she decided to make a diamond instead, because she knew her fellow Freemasons would understand.

^^ Probably has arthritic thumbs and could only take it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I doubt this is the case [that we are close to herd immunity]
    I do, too, especially when the new cases graph looks like this
    Name:  Screenshot 2020-12-09 132721.png
Views: 1110
Size:  18.7 KB

Word on the street is the first batch of vaccine arrives in NM next week.....17,000 doses, so enough for 8500 people. Healthcare workers and seniors in congregate living facilities in Tier 1. Fire/ EMS are not deemed HCWs, so we are Tier Two. Gonna be a fun winter!!!!!!
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Even though the number of people getting the vaccine right away is not the higher number we all want/ thought we would get........it’s still a start....every person vaccinated hopefully brings the numbers down and gets us closer to the end of this f’in horrible nightmare of a life we are living right now.

We just have to hope this works...
    Last edited by BC.; 12-09-2020 at 03:42 PM.

This is for the know-it-all simps.

I was talking to a doc friend about fecal transplants and said it gives new meaning to eating shit.

He said, 'You eat hot dogs, don't you?'

Good points Goldmember. (But that scar on your arm is from your smallpox vaccination. Anyone know why the technique for smallpox vaccination was so different than the simple shot in the arm for every other vaccine?)

Adjusted for population the statistics for the 1952 polio pandemic--the worst year of the pandemic and the year I had it (nonparalytic)--cases were the equivalent of 121,500 today, deaths and permanent disability 25,000. Less of a 10th of the impact of Covid 19. Cases were probably much higher since there wasn't a good test and there were probably many mildly symptomatic cases never diagnosed.
    Last edited by old goat; 12-09-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Name:  z0YodW1.png
Views: 1031
Size:  749.1 KB
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Interesting article on the anit-vaccination movements.

https://theconversation.com/covid-19...ars-ago-145592

Name:  e8ggst2xavm41.png
Views: 779
Size:  408.4 KB

Yeah, a doc. I’ll get the vaccine the second I can.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Interesting article on the anit-vaccination movements.

https://theconversation.com/covid-19...ars-ago-145592
    have to admit, I like the phrase: "the tyranny of doctorcraft". fucking sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    This is for the know-it-all simps.

I was talking to a doc friend about fecal transplants and said it gives new meaning to eating shit.

He said, 'You eat hot dogs, don't you?'

The smoke and nitrite salts in overly preserved meats might offer the immune system just what it needs to dispose of captured infectious materials.

In rather sad news, Lon Adams the second, inventor of Slim Jim beef jerky sticks was a recent covid victim. Age 95.

I wonder how much of his own product he ate in his lifetime?

https://www.nbc12.com/2020/12/02/lon...r-dies-covid-/
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Name:  hh57mi16u2461.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  40.9 KB

context....

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Good points Goldmember. (But that scar on your arm is from your smallpox vaccination. Anyone know why the technique for smallpox vaccination was so different than the simple shot in the arm for every other vaccine?)
    Something about it being live virus and the need for it to develop pustules. I believe this was also one way to create fresh innoculum for the next patient too?

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Name:  hh57mi16u2461.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  40.9 KB
    In Oct of 1918, 195,000 American's died of Spanish flu. That works out to around 6300 per day.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Okay, I'll go with that. I was a little kid and memories are a bit foggy from those days. I'll defer to Huckbucket's answer on the reason for the scarring.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    You know, I miss the generations of people with attitudes like this. You're pinned down, under fire with no way out other than through, and it may be risky:

Except getting a vaccine is way less risky.
    I thought Rasczaak said that first ..... in the future ..... regarding Bugs?
    Check that: Rasczak said "... Apes...." instead of "sons of bitches", but still ......

The next idiot that brings up thalidomide gets shoved into my deceased grandmother's vagina.

Try as Trump might, he can't force science to regress to the middle of the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I doubt this is the case, but I am going to donate blood soon and they do a antibodies test when you donate. Maybe donate some blood and find out if you've already had it?

I would love to see that type of form circulated to these folks. How ridiculous.

Every one of the doctors I'm friends with (5) and nurses are stoked to get a vaccine for COVID-19.
    Is this the easy path to antibodies test? My wife tested positive, me and the kids quarantined with her (didn’t isolate) and had various mild symptoms compared to her rather rough two weeks. I’m curious now, but not curious enough to ask a medical pro rather stick to a forum of unknown knowns (plus I don’t have a primary care doc, haven’t been in a long time).

Not sure what the implications of having antibodies are yet, can’t seem to find hard data on that (and likely too soon to tell), but if it means getting a vax to someone else I’d be keen to know.

And if this has already been covered I’ll gladly take two laps.

Side note, I didn’t really lose taste/smell like wife and daughter did but I haven’t been able to smell a fart in weeks. And I know farts have been available to smell.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    In Oct of 1918, 195,000 American's died of Spanish flu. That works out to around 6300 per day.
    Was coming to say this. Hopefully we don’t hit 6k a day.

Quote Originally Posted by thedude2340 View Post
    Is this the easy path to antibodies test? My wife tested positive, me and the kids quarantined with her (didn’t isolate) and had various mild symptoms compared to her rather rough two weeks. I’m curious now, but not curious enough to ask a medical pro rather stick to a forum of unknown knowns (plus I don’t have a primary care doc, haven’t been in a long time).

Not sure what the implications of having antibodies are yet, can’t seem to find hard data on that (and likely too soon to tell), but if it means getting a vax to someone else I’d be keen to know.

And if this has already been covered I’ll gladly take two laps.

Side note, I didn’t really lose taste/smell like wife and daughter did but I haven’t been able to smell a fart in weeks. And I know farts have been available to smell.
    Your local blood donation center may offer antibody tests as part of your blood donation screening. Free to you, you have to donate blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.