Page 1256 of 1673 FirstFirst ... 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 ... LastLast
Results 31,376 to 31,400 of 41810
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    No. Step one is to get money out of politics. It's a poison that has now colored every political decision. Citizen's United was a disastrous SC decision that is destroying our country.
    So get the govt can regulate costs? You and I both know that armies of accountants and lawyers have been navigating laws (or rewriting them) to great effect since the dawn of time. That's a dead end.

Europe for example doesn't have government health care.
    Doctors, labs, hospitals are private

Everyone gets a free medical insurance policy, which posts 70 percent then you can buy a private policy to cover the rest. I'm giving France as an example.

It's very similar to medicate.

And yeah, like in medicate, the government has a list of procedures and how much hospitals can get reimbursed.
    Not that hard, except for brainwashing and lobbying by hospitals and drug companies in the US.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Oh, well, you now touched on another topic that America should be ashamed of. How much does that education cost? And how much debt are they carrying into their careers because of that? While college administrators and presidents make seven figure salaries.

Besides, you say nurses are making a "shitload" of money, so why arent there millions fighting for these jobs?
    Let's see...

In CA average annual wage for a RN is around 110k/year with OT pay, and you'd better believe they're getting it this year. Nurses start at 86k plus OT. Common benefits include tuition reimbursement, license reimbursement, 401k, 403b. What's your argument again?
    https://www.indeed.com/career/regist...se/salaries/CA

Maybe people just don't want to work with the sick, injured and dying because it is depressing. Maybe they want a regular work schedule because working graveyard isn't for them. It is demanding and there a point that throwing more money at it doesn't solve the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Let's see...

In CA average annual wage for a RN is around 110k/year with OT pay, and you'd better believe they're getting it this year. Nurses start at 86k plus OT. Common benefits include tuition reimbursement, license reimbursement, 401k, 403b. What's your argument again?
    https://www.indeed.com/career/regist...se/salaries/CA

Maybe people just don't want to work with the sick, injured and dying because it is depressing. Maybe they want a regular work schedule because working graveyard isn't for them. It is demanding and there a point that throwing more money at it doesn't solve the problem.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Betcha it would if you raised that base to 150000. You watch. If everyone is on the auction block, then, raise the bid.

But, of course, can't have lowly nurses make that. Only Facebook coders. Now, there is something the world can't do without.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    So we shouldn't try Universal Healthcare because it would be too difficult and we would probably fuck it up! There's that American Exceptionalism the conservatives are always talking about!
    i was talking to somebody here about universal HC and he said " universal HC sounds great except for having to pay for the fat people "

in spite of having lots up stairs buddy could simply not fathom the concept that universal means everbuddy

surgical update: the ACL reconstruction is doing very well, now 2 month post-op and cost absolutely zero out of pocket

so somebody splain to me how much money the insurance companies make? If you have single payer you don't need them
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Oh, well, you now touched on another topic that America should be ashamed of. How much does that education cost? And how much debt are they carrying into their careers because of that? While college administrators and presidents make seven figure salaries.

Besides, you say nurses are making a "shitload" of money, so why arent there millions fighting for these jobs?
    Benny, are you really bitching that a person leading a large university is making seven figures...schools that have 35k kids, +10k employees and billions of dollars in revenue? If so, not sure you really understand the types of decisions and thinking those types of roles face on a day to day basis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Interesting that we haven’t heard a PEEP from the “it’s a Hoax!”-ers, the “it’ll all end on the 4th of November!”-ers, and the anti-maskers much lately. They crawled back into their troll-holes.
    Their minds are unchanged. On Tuesday I talked with a longtime friend for basically the first time this year. Physical therapist who does home health. He wears a mask when he visits but apparently he's taking the time to let people know vitamin D fixes this, it isn't "that bad," only kills 2x the flu, he's "heard" from "doctors" who tell him they've been pressured to say people died of COVID-19 when they didn't, and he doesn't think masks can really work. He doesn't own a TV and I doubt Qanon, but apophenia is certainly strong with this one.

I really need to find ways to suffer fools and at least be glad not to be one of them. The audacity of assuming that they have something critical to teach anyone who wears a mask (because we're obviously sheep) is infuriating. Always citing some half-assed study or other. We went to the damned moon without any statistical analysis to guess whether or not a space suit would protect a person from vacuum. /rant

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    Benny, are you really bitching that a person leading a large university is making seven figures...schools that have 35k kids, +10k employees and billions of dollars in revenue? If so, not sure you really understand the types of decisions and thinking those types of roles face on a day to day basis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    My generation and, especially, the generation before mine, that put men on the moon, were educated very well in colleges and universities that cost much much less in tuition and paid presidents and aminastrators (actually operated with much thinner layers of beauracrat at top) much less, but a very respectable middle class wage. The present state of that industry is just a crying shame when you look at the obvious greed from people who don't really matter. Mainly because we need more smart, educated people in our workforce, who don't carry massive debt into old age. But, yeah, build a state of the art gym and build dorms that rival luxury hotels, and somebody's gotta run them, right? And they all need staff, too. Meanwhile, lowly adjunct professors making near minimum wage are actually teaching the kids, who are paying 50 grand a year for the service.

Let's not even mention 7 million dollar football coaches.

My generation and, especially, the generation before mine, that put men on the moon, were educated very well in colleges and universities that cost much much less in tuition and paid presidents and aminastrators (actually operated with much thinner layers of beauracrat at top) much less, but a very respectable middle class wage. The present state of that industry is just a crying shame when you look at the obvious greed from people who don't really matter. Mainly because we need more smart, educated people in our workforce, who don't carry massive debt into old age. But, yeah, build a state of the art gym and build dorms that rival luxury hotels, and somebody's gotta run them, right? And they all need staff, too. Meanwhile, lowly adjunct professors making near minimum wage are actually teaching the kids, who are paying 50 grand a year for the service.

I keep asking but you're not answering ... why do you hate America? Land of opportunity and free market values. If you can't afford it then it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ...but apophenia...
    Hey, learned a new word, a good one. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I really need to find ways to suffer fools...
    Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    I keep asking but you're not answering ... why do you hate America? Land of opportunity and free market values. If you can't afford it then it's not for you.
    Is this irony or something?

Ummm ... what do you think?

I'm with you man, but you're pissing in the wind.

So get the govt can regulate costs? You and I both know that armies of accountants and lawyers have been navigating laws (or rewriting them) to great effect since the dawn of time. That's a dead end.
    Bingo. Not to mention how entrenched "Big Pharma" is with our politicians. On BOTH sides. Democrats and Republicans are equally guilty on this front. One of the reasons I don't trust anyone on this matter. They're ALL trying to get theirs. The cronyism runs deep, from the local small town level to the Federal level. I fear it all runs too deep to effectively "fix" the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    We have been placing pickup orders from our local grocery stores since April. Always hated walking around the grocery store in the first place. Makes total sense for pandemic times but I hope it continues indefinitely.
    Even produce and meat? No way I’m letting some lackey decide what head of lettuce I get. Most people have no clue about food quality.

I do get my produce at an outdoor market, so that is pretty easy. Of course the anti backing shoeless hippy crowd has shown up recently and had silent mask less protest to get kicked out. Dumbass comes in many different flavors.

Ummm ... what do you think?

I'm with you man, but you're pissing in the wind.
    Well, whatever. I won't be around for the upcoming 21st century dystopia. I lived though a pretty good time, and got mine. Good luck, y'all.

Well, whatever. I won't be around for the upcoming 21st century dystopia. I lived though a pretty good time, and got mine. Good luck, y'all.
    This is the Bunny content I'm here for. Thank you.

now, that’s the american way right there..... yep.

Fear and Loathing, a Rat Flu Odyssey

Not to mention inner tube lazy rivers. That is a worthy expense for a college. Fuck the library renovations.

Benny is spot on on this topic.

You all never heard how Robinhood works? Buy penny stocks with no transaction fees, pump em up on social media, profit. It's all the rage on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Nah.
    I waffle on that constantly. I envy the skill it takes to focus on the positive and build people up to do their best. It's useful, even when it's attached to a bunch of dumb ideas. I found it a lot easier before my countrymen demonstrated their collective inability to step up and solve the most basic problem--and doubled down by refusing to accept solutions when offered. I bet vitamin D guy feels the same way.

Apologies if this is a repost.

The virus that causes #COVID19 may have been in the US as early as mid-December 2019, a month before the first confirmed case, based on antibodies found in donated blood.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...aa1785/6012472

Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    Apologies if this is a repost.

The virus that causes #COVID19 may have been in the US as early as mid-December 2019, a month before the first confirmed case, based on antibodies found in donated blood.

https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance...aa1785/6012472
    Of the 7,389 samples, 106 were reactive by pan Ig. Of these 106 specimens, 90 were available for further testing. Eighty four of 90 had neutralizing activity, 1 had S1 binding activity, and 1 had receptor binding domain / Ace2 blocking activity >50%, suggesting the presence of anti-SARS-CoV-2-reactive antibodies. Donations with reactivity occurred in all nine states.
    The number of samples that tested "positive" were 1.4% and were spread across 9/9 states. So how do they assure that neutralizing activity isn't caused by something else? It seems like immunity based on a different/similar pathogen has been proposed at a higher rate than 1.4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Not to mention inner tube lazy rivers. That is a worthy expense for a college. Fuck the library renovations.

Benny is spot on on this topic.
    100% agree, and the current path is not sustainable. Something's gotta give.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    100% agree, and the current path is not sustainable. Something's gotta give.
    No it doesn't. The gap between those and can and those that can't will continue to grow. There will always be a scrum for public resources to address the free option for those that can't, but what they get will always be an inferior product (education, healthcare, etc) which will leave this portion of soceity unable to move up without heroics. Our elected leaders will ensure they will get just enough to bump along and avoid insurrection. Check back 10, 20 or 50 years from now and it will still be some flavor of this.