Page 1397 of 1649 FirstFirst ... 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 ... LastLast
Results 34,901 to 34,925 of 41220
    Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Don't you know that in addition to getting a mtn dog, new transplants must also become accustomed to calling every bluegrass band "legendary"?
    There should be a moratorium put on bluegrass bands in Breck. Bluegrass bands must purchase a license from the town and no more than three licenses will be available at any one time. Licenses are non-transferable. No more than 2 bluegrass bands may play in Breckenridge city limits in the same week. Hopefully, it would set a good example and other local towns would follow suit. Or maybe they should just create a "Banjo tax".

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Holy shit
    Fire above i70 fall river rosd south of 70

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Does anybody else have any further information on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    There should be a moratorium put on bluegrass bands in Breck. Bluegrass bands must purchase a license from the town and no more than three licenses will be available at any one time. Licenses are non-transferable. No more than 2 bluegrass bands may play in Breckenridge city limits in the same week. Hopefully, it would set a good example and other local towns would follow suit. Or maybe they should just create a "Banjo tax".
    well done very well done
    but we'd loose half of summits population they'd all have to move to boulder county to maintain their vibe

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    Also a fire near Ken Caryl:

https://www.9news.com/article/news/l...6-e8879c6ee228

Downhill cancelled today due to gusty winds. Hopefully some good snow coming in behind it tomorrow.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Things could be worse. I heard about the shitshow at Park City today: currently you have to download due to no snow and the lift down to the village shut down because of wind so people were stranded at mid mountain until trucks drove up to shuttle people down the access road

It was windy as hell T Beaver Creek today. The line to ride the bus up to the race was crazy long, then they all had to come back when it was cancelled....Yeesh. Also, it really needs to snow this week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5031.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	228.1 KB 
ID:	395446

ROLL TIDE ROLL

The music was too loud at any volume, because it was bluegrass
    I was actually gonna go this year until I saw the band. If that's you jamb, have at it. But to me that's the most circle jerkin' instrument fuckin' weak sauce noodlin' this side of Leftover Salmon. Take that shit back to Ned with your Dapper Dan and your retro wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    It was windy as hell T Beaver Creek today. The line to ride the bus up to the race was crazy long, then they all had to come back when it was cancelled....Yeesh. Also, it really needs to snow this week.
    Cycled a few times bring things down and then was able to take a run down the front side to get down. Went through the course on Harrier, and holy hell that thing was gnar, especially holding a bunch of tools n stuff. Frontside was nice to finally be able to make some actual turns.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    A lot of the large trees burned back in the mid 70’s but some big fuel is still left as you get into West Ranch (under pre-evac). West Metro and a crew from Inter-Canyon are up there kicking ass.

Name:  Image1638758919.333352.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  175.6 KB

It's been weird the past few days skiing a few laps and then riding Lupine and a bunch of other trails in CB, but I think that might be over. I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    It's been weird the past few days skiing a few laps and then riding Lupine and a bunch of other trails in CB, but I think that might be over. I hope.
    I saw CBMBA posted all of Deer Creek was riding, frick!

CAIC was nicely uncrowded. Hope they raised some $$$$. The music was too loud at any volume, because it was bluegrass. Barf. haha

Sure would be nice if these next storms produce.
    At least they were very generous with the beer...first couple they flat out refused my tickets.

If that was uncrowded I wouldn't have wanted to see past years. A hard agree on how loud the music was. But to be fair I was turned off to the band based on the attitude one of them gave to a volunteer at the door as they cut in front of me: "No I don't need a ticket. Sheesh. I'm the show tonight". Barf.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    But to be fair I was turned off to the band based on the attitude one of them gave to a volunteer at the door as they cut in front of me: "No I don't need a ticket. Sheesh. I'm the show tonight". Barf.
    Which guy was it?
    Name:  IMG_0552.JPG
Views: 501
Size:  44.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by wolfelot View Post
    https://www.9news.com/video/news/loc...4-b185c192aa11

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Early on yesterday I heard there were at least 3 structures involved. A few of our paid staff left to go assist as they are part of CCC fire. Wonder if Bendtheski knows more. Hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Which guy was it?
    Name:  IMG_0552.JPG
Views: 501
Size:  44.9 KB
    Mandolin.

The gear dressing contest where the winner got boots, and then they both got all the gear they dressed in was best part of the show from what I saw. Though admittedly I dipped a bit early.

Hoping Thursday night/Friday delivers. I'm leaving town Thursday, of course, for the land of entrapment, but it would be nice to come back next week with more terrain open.

The hype train is strong on this storm. Temps back in the 50's after.....

Local Durango weather guru is now confident that the San Juans will receive one to two feet. That'll markedly help the west bowls at Wolfy, which have some base already. The gaper part of the mountain is completely bare, but at least they'll be able to open up the groomers there following the storm, giving the Texans somewhere to ski.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    the west bowls at Wolfy,
    east bro

Storm has been hyped for a while, but I'm stoked to participate. Might get lucky and catch a green run rope drop.
    See you suckers on I-70, or are we all doing the Wolf Creek thing?

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Storm has been hyped for a while, but I'm stoked to participate. Might get lucky and catch a green run rope drop.
    See you suckers on I-70, or are we all doing the Wolf Creek thing?
    See you Saturday on I-70. Think leaving at 6 am will be early enough?

oh boy this is going to be the first good i70 weekend of the season huh? have fun out there!

hoping for a couple inches fresh at least tomorrow, maybe get some len parks or west wall action. think my number of ski days will be down this year unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    See you Saturday on I-70. Think leaving at 6 am will be early enough?
    Maybe if you mean 6am *Friday*...