Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    Buster and guys- curious what this place looks like on a powder day? as the towns are still pretty small around them
    I loved the look of everything (snow was shiz the day we were there though)
    My wife and I stayed in Monetier les Bains for 3 weeks one year, the highest town in the Serre Che complex and skied the Yret area a bunch in lots of conditions. I liked the larch glades down low. I liked the ability to get up to LG in 30 minutes or head over to the Via Lattea which had great snow as well weeks after the last snow.

I still think that Briancon is in the top 3 bases to stay in if you have a car of all the places I've been. Easily a lifetime of skiing within 2 hours of there.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’ve been waiting for these!!!
    Great stuff!!

Congrats you two!

I’ve been on the lift/people mover at L’Alpe d’Huez. It’s like a gondola but there are no seats. It comes around, you walk on, and there’s a bar that swings/slides into place like chairlift bar, but sideways at waist level or so. You stand like that till the end.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Sweet Pics. I just got back from Cham and it seems you had more snow a week in front of us. That refridgerator cable car at the top of Courmeyeur was our favorite for side country access and it was empty or near empty each time.
    License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ski to Be View Post
    Sweet Pics. I just got back from Cham and it seems you had more snow a week in front of us. That refridgerator cable car at the top of Courmeyeur was our favorite for side country access and it was empty or near empty each time.
    congrats to you, too! hope we cross paths this summer on the links somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by acinpdx View Post
    #jelly
    Right?

Tons of excellentness in this.

went to serre chevalier one day and it looked like such good terrain. Buster and guys- curious what this place looks like on a powder day? as the towns are still pretty small around them
    Like Buster, I've spent almost all my time skiing out of Monetiers les Bains and going off the Yret chair. You can ski off the "back" side around the peak into the valley and there's a cat track back to the base. One day that's all we did, cuz it was a low vis powder day, and the whole valley is larches. Yes the towns are small, and/but they're all lift connected, so people spread out.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Headed to La Grave this week, winging it so hard. Thanks for some stoke!
    I think the potato gun proved the stability.

While Cham is well worth getting back, and La Grave I am sure is fantastic (haven't been there) and the Arlberg is huge, and has some of the best snow, I have a new love, the Dolomites. It's like skiing in a giant Zion NP.

Sweet TR, glad you two love birds had such a fun trip. Looks like you hit great conditions.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Just did this same trip (well, the Cham/Courmayeur part) back in Feb...what a great trip. Despite Courmayeur catering to more of the fancy crowd from what it seems...there was some really fun skiing there.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Like Buster, I've spent almost all my time skiing out of Monetiers les Bains and going off the Yret chair. You can ski off the "back" side around the peak into the valley and there's a cat track back to the base. One day that's all we did, cuz it was a low vis powder day, and the whole valley is larches. Yes the towns are small, and/but they're all lift connected, so people spread out.
    This sounds like Heaven. Actual Heaven. Low visibility powder days in huge larch forests with few people and good lifts.

Wow thanks for sharing

I did last season in Serre Chevalier, after doing 5ish in La Grave back before I had a family

I'd take La Grave over Serre Chevalier any day, but SC is still great. As said above, you're half and hour from LG, there is the Col Du Lauteret, and basically you can pick any point on the road between LG and SC and find incredible touring, and the trees in Monetier are amazing

This was under the Yret last year on a really good day

Just seen this. Great TR and glad you had a great trip b-bear!

Scored some ideas from this TR. Thanks- I am now in love with le France. Merci again!

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Scored some ideas from this TR. Thanks- I am now in love with le France. Merci again!
    Where did you go, what did you did, where are the pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Where did you go, what did you did, where are the pics?
    Just Cham, and we did a pretty touristy agenda, but wow. Brevent-Flegere to warm up, Grand Montets and off Valorcine into CH for our first big day, and good ‘ol Valle Blanche yesterday. Here’s me in the drainage off Valorcone into CH:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0366.JPG 
Views:	370 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	270747

Followed by the stroll back to town pic (always wanted to take this pic in Europe):

Name:	IMG_5448.JPG 
Views:	347 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	270748

Zero gnar, 100% gorgeous and fun as heck. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go bathe in raclette.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looks so fun! You do the James Bond Trail for the 9K?

Another Chamonix, La Grave TR. Good times were had

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Looks so fun! You do the James Bond Trail for the 9K?
    Oh yes! Pretended our poles were rifles and everything!

Edit: also just said hey to Glen Plake and wife strollin' through town.

Last edited by biggins; 02-21-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Just Cham, and we did a pretty touristy agenda, but wow. Brevent-Flegere to warm up, Grand Montets and off Valorcine into CH for our first big day, and good ‘ol Valle Blanche yesterday. Here’s me in the drainage off Valorcone into CH:

Name:	IMG_0366.JPG 
Views:	370 
Size:	292.0 KB 
ID:	270747

Followed by the stroll back to town pic (always wanted to take this pic in Europe):

Name:	IMG_5448.JPG 
Views:	347 
Size:	191.3 KB 
ID:	270748

Zero gnar, 100% gorgeous and fun as heck. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go bathe in raclette.

Fantastique Biggins! Did you ski down from Vallorcine to Trient with the pink church? That was one of my all-time favorite runs.

fantastique

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Fantastique Biggins! Did you ski down from Vallorcine to Trient with the pink church? That was one of my all-time favorite runs.

fantastique
    I believe so. Taxi driver who shuttled us back to FR picked us up right in front of his own goose pen.

B-Bear, sorry for the TR-jack