Page 883 of 929 FirstFirst ... 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 ... LastLast
Results 22,051 to 22,075 of 23206
    “BA.5 puts the nail in the coffin of the myth that the virus will evolve into a milder form and fade away,” Dr. Eric Topol, founder of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, wrote Tuesday in the Los Angeles Times. “We could easily see more variants — indeed a whole new family with more extensive immune evasion and growth advantage — in the months ahead.”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    “BA.5 puts the nail in the coffin of the myth that the virus will evolve into a milder form and fade away,” Dr. Eric Topol, founder of the Scripps Research Translational Institute, wrote Tuesday in the Los Angeles Times. “We could easily see more variants — indeed a whole new family with more extensive immune evasion and growth advantage — in the months ahead.”

So good news for Moderna, Pfizer, and now Novavax stock holders..Coincidence that this came out right when Novavax got emergency approval?

I'll be jabbed again when the Moderna multivariant boost is available.. and get a flu shot... Agreed these aren't going away anytime soon.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Ugh it not surprising.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

These home test kits don’t work. I took 3 before I went to urgent care, and one after, all negative and my pcr was positive. Maybe it’s the new strain.

I think the rapid tests work fine... after you've already had it for five days. PCR has a much larger detection window.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_122591452_pcr_vs_lft640-2x-nc.png 
Views:	100 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	421437

I’m baffled. I was in AZ all week and I must have had it, but my mother is fine and the girl I’m seeing is fine.

I had some brief flu symptoms 10 days before pcr test. But I was fine working out and partying. Which is why I took the home tests. I got really sick the day after I flew back

So this thing must hideout for a long as time, and then a red eye wiped me out and brought it on, or I got at the end of the trip and didn’t infect anyone.

Cono, maybe you had something else first.

I stated in other thread, SIL traveled in kn95, had symptoms 2 days later that were relatively bad (not hospitalization bad). Had neg pcr on 2nd day of symptoms, went to doctor on 4th day of symptoms to receive several tests: covid pcr, flu, and strep. Tested positive for covid. She was giving herself RAT everyday, and got her first pos RAT on day 5 of symptoms. Husband had positive RAT test on his first day of symptoms.

Hit up boost #2 yesterday after reading some more about BA5.

Seen in my twitter feed: the war against Covid is over in the US, Covid won

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

^^I can agree with that, considering the vaccines don't prevent you from getting the disease and the tests don't tell you whether you have it or not.

I’m baffled. I was in AZ all week and I must have had it, but my mother is fine and the girl I’m seeing is fine.

I had some brief flu symptoms 10 days before pcr test. But I was fine working out and partying. Which is why I took the home tests. I got really sick the day after I flew back

So this thing must hideout for a long as time, and then a red eye wiped me out and brought it on, or I got at the end of the trip and didn’t infect anyone.

Guessing you didn't wear a mask on the plane or in the airports.. Was it worth it? Would I rather suck it up and wear a mask in places like that or be pretty sure I'll eventually get COVID AGAIN without one going places like that?

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

More likely wearing the mask in the airport/plane may have prevented him from infecting others
    skid luxury

Booster #2 Tues afternoon. Still feel like shit, fever, headaches, too tired to do anything. Fuck Covid.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Booster #2 Tues afternoon. Still feel like shit, fever, headaches, too tired to do anything. Fuck Covid.
    Did you have a similar response to all your other jabs or just this last one?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I think Pfizer vax #2 was somewhat bad for a day (headache but no fever). So this round is worse in intensity and duration.

I’m one of those people who never gets headaches. To be so sensitive to light and sound is giving me sympathy for those that get ‘em frequently.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    More likely wearing the mask in the airport/plane may have prevented him from infecting others
    Depends on the timing, but FWIW there are plenty of KN95 and full N95 masks that have been solidly proven to protect the person wearing them out there. Saw 3M N95s in Walmart pack of 5 for $5 last weekend. The "mask only protects others" argument only applied to the cloth masks.

YMMV, but I've found the N95 to be WAY easier to fit than the KN95's that just have elastic around the ears. They just don't seem to have much of a seal against the face compared to the over-the-head straps.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    YMMV, but I've found the N95 to be WAY easier to fit than the KN95's that just have elastic around the ears. They just don't seem to have much of a seal against the face compared to the over-the-head straps.
    There are KN95 masks available with headband straps instead of ear loops.

I believe all N95s must use headbands.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Similar just hit me, I’m in the middle of a renovation project and had to put my brush down and lay down on the couch.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Depends on the timing, but FWIW there are plenty of KN95 and full N95 masks that have been solidly proven to protect the person wearing them out there. Saw 3M N95s in Walmart pack of 5 for $5 last weekend. The "mask only protects others" argument only applied to the cloth masks.
    and the timing he described would have put him at one of the most contagious points- the day prior to feeling symptoms.

and yes, no shit that a mask might have protected him too
    skid luxury

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/man...orts-1.6520257

heads up, resumption of random mandatory testing for travelers to Canada

The Can gov is more likely to fuck this up than not
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

We seem to be in a bad spot. New disease that's #3 killer. We have vaccines that help with disease but not much with infection/spread, and new variants come out faster than we can make new vaccines. Prior infection is also of limited value, except again in limiting bad outcomes. Long covid not well characterized, but seems likely an outsized portion of the population "wins" diminished quality of life.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    There are KN95 masks available with headband straps instead of ear loops.

I believe all N95s must use headbands.
    I believe that is correct. Seems to be optional for KN95. I just get N95's. Those ear loops suck, IMO.

The 3M KN95 masks with earloops are very tight.

I believe that is correct. Seems to be optional for KN95. I just get N95's. Those ear loops suck, IMO.
    I use the N95s in the barn. They have the head straps which I hate. At the beginning of the pandemic I wore them out and about but switched to the KN95 because of the earloops.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    The 3M KN95 masks with earloops are very tight.

I use the N95s in the barn. They have the head straps which I hate. At the beginning of the pandemic I wore them out and about but switched to the KN95 because of the earloops.
    You must have better ears than me.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/man...orts-1.6520257

heads up, resumption of random mandatory testing for travelers to Canada

The Can gov is more likely to fuck this up than not
    Ourworldindata says we are 4x more plagued, so maybe makes sense, eh. And the hospitality sector is a vector.