Page 1 of 72 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

17 NE - Get out and ride thread

I give up, couldn't come up with a goofy title. Creativity fades as you age

It's 70 freakin' degrees in February and I'm going out to ride in shorts! FKNA yeah Where's everybody riding this weekend? Looks like all of CT, part of RI and MA and NY looks good pretty far up the Hudson Valley but the high country areas are probably mush for a while yet unless it freezes back up.

I sat in my bike in the garage yesterday, does that count? I'm sure some knucklehead will try to ride our trails this weekend and tear the shit out of them unfortunately.

Yeah, it'll be too messy to ride here for some time probably. My main trails are so dense with trees that it can take a long time for things to actually dry out, even when it's 65' outside. But maybe if the snow melts and then things freeze we'll be good to go? Who knows. Been getting the bike prepped in the meantime. Brakes are bled and fresh pads are in, laced up a new wide front rim to experiment with a 26" plus(ish) setup on a SC solo. Currently have a 2.4 Geax Goma on there that measures 2.5", would love to try a Minion 2.8 when they come out. Heard that'll be April so not too much longer.

C'mon down, we're dry and good to go. I'm riding the next few days so come join me. Oh and the pizza is better here than where you are

The snow pack in Maine has taken a huge hit (at least central Maine) so, I am pretty sure riding is out for a bit. I am curious how the stuff in Kingfield has fared. My guess is mush-ville.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    C'mon down, we're dry and good to go. I'm riding the next few days so come join me. Oh and the pizza is better here than where you are
    Weekends are booked up skiing for a while still and I can't really pull away during the week. Pretty much sums up why I never bothered buying a fat bike. I'm sure the pizza is better though. Bagels too. Bagels might be saratoga's biggest shortcoming.

Ride yesterday and today. Rain (and work) tomorrow/Sunday.

Trails by me are pretty darn good, considering the warm wet winter we've had, and over a foot of snow only a bit ago.

Warming up quickly!

Late February. I don't think winter is done fuckin' with us yet...
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Yeah I've been out the last two days and the difference from Thursday to Friday was noticeable. As long as we don't get too much rain today/tonight it's off to the races We need to get out and ride this year for sure. There are some trails in your 'hood that I walked last fall that I want to ride, Hemlock Hills.

radam - Yup we got the real deal bagels here too. Saratoga surely doesn't A few more 60-70 degree days and your time won't be as occupied with skiing...

I'm riding Harold Parker tomorrow. Word is most trails around Boston are dry and ready. A little rain tonight shouldn't be an issue

Hit the west side of Harold Parker today (sunday). 99.9% dry. It's good to be back in the saddle.

We're about 80% dirt on coastal trails. 5 miles inland is probably 50%. The snow is still fairly deep in pockets.

Got some trail work done today which was nice and insane for Feb.

Phatty tires for the wetness is more trail friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by PhishingME View Post
    Hit the west side of Harold Parker today (sunday). 99.9% dry. It's good to be back in the saddle.
    Based on the rowdy parking lot, I think everyone rode HP on Sunday.

Looking forward to the trails getting more traffic and less sticks and leaves.

Pumped to be posting in this thread come June.

I am very unhappy to be posting in this thread... I'm not ready to let go of winter.

That said, bike is primed, VMBA memberships are purchased, local trail work dates are set and I might even take a drive down to CT/NY in the coming weeks if this piss-ass warm weather continues. Vive la bike.

When do kingdom trails usually get good to go, first time back on east coast in 10 years
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by CantDog View Post
    Pumped to be posting in this thread come June.
    Why wait until June?

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    I am very unhappy to be posting in this thread... I'm not ready to let go of winter.

That said, bike is primed, VMBA memberships are purchased, local trail work dates are set and I might even take a drive down to CT/NY in the coming weeks if this piss-ass warm weather continues. Vive la bike.
    Waaah

Lemme know when you're headed this way. Trails are mostly looking good already.

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    When do kingdom trails usually get good to go, first time back on east coast in 10 years
    This weekend. Winterbike is Saturday in E Burke. For dirt it's gonna be a while up there.

11 miles of spaghetti bowl, and my beverage holder worked beautifully.

Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

Looks like I'll be in Southern Maine this weekend to visit the in-laws. I see cold temps for Saturday and wondering what Bradbury or Blackstrap looked liked for fat biking. Thanks.

Almost no snow here at all. Rode skinny tires.

This was the most in a little pit area yesterday.

Been out in AZ and some unbelievable mountain biking weather and some of the sickest trails out in the desert! Sucks I'm not out skiing, but hey at least getting some lines in of the second best thing!

No mud this weekend Gonna go out and check out some crunchy, high traction ground this afternoon after it gets to the 20's.

We're not making it out of the teens and with the wind we're staying negative. Just not a pleasant day to be on the bike and the hills are dirt covered ice. Drinking early today 😎

I was wrong about the no mud thing, we found plenty of it yesterday. Boy when that stuff freezes up the bike doesn't work so well.

Selling a 2013 Salsa Beargrease, size SM. Stock build except for Bluto, who doesn't like to party with Bluto?

Mag price $1200

https://maine.craigslist.org/bik/6029633066.html

First day of trail work today. Nothing fuels the stoke to ride like hiking and buffing the local trails. With the wind we've been seeing, I imagine the chainsaw will whine like a VT pow skier in March and the saw dust will fly like ECRC heading to Utah.
    Ready to get busy with some big rock work projects and berm therapy on Orange.
    Love spring.