Best FLAC Converter these days?

About to embark upon the task of burning my CD collection to (mostly) FLAC files. What are people using for this? Winamp seems to be on hiatus.
    Thanks!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I use Foobar2000. Free and easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    About to embark upon the task of burning my CD collection to (mostly) FLAC files. What are people using for this? Winamp seems to be on hiatus.
    Thanks!
    I like dBpoweramp Codec Central.

I am about 3/4 of the way through ripping several hundred Cds using DBpoweramp. Started with the free version and purchased it as it works well. Been able to find most album art and it identifies 98% of the albums and tracks. Ripping Flac at their recommended level 5. Anything more chews up a lot of space. Sound quality is good.

Anyone want to buy a few hundred cds?

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    I am about 3/4 of the way through ripping several hundred Cds using DBpoweramp. Started with the free version and purchased it as it works well. Been able to find most album art and it identifies 98% of the albums and tracks. Ripping Flac at their recommended level 5. Anything more chews up a lot of space. Sound quality is good.

Anyone want to buy a few hundred cds?
    I'll have to check that one out! Back in the day, I used to use CDex. Is that one still any good? Was always very lightweight and fast. Now that storage space isn't an issue any longer, I need to back and re-rip all my CDs. Ugh. Big project I've been putting off for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Now that storage space isn't an issue any longer...
    In light of that, is there really any reason to use any compression anymore? (at least for a home music server)

Quote Originally Posted by pisteoff View Post
    In light of that, is there really any reason to use any compression anymore? (at least for a home music server)
    Man, not that I can think of. Now we can rip away with zero compromises! Should be super speedy too without having to do any compression. Woohoo!