Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Tech Tonics, international travel is not only safe, it is advised by the Cabo Fractional Ownership Consortium (CFOC). And lucky you, I am a member and have a fantastic opportunity for you! Imagine the benefits of vacation villa ownership without all the hassle of any meaningful equity. PM me for details about this once in a pandemic opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    lol

Shit, I have the same dilemma. Should I go or not? Except it's not regarding international travel. It's about going to the fucking grocery store. Are people fucking insane? Sadly, the answer appears to be yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Tech Tonics, international travel is not only safe, it is advised by the Cabo Fractional Ownership Consortium (CFOC). And lucky you, I am a member and have a fantastic opportunity for you! Imagine the benefits of vacation villa ownership without all the hassle of any meaningful equity. PM me for details about this once in a pandemic opportunity.

Is this the vacation arm of AlpineZone?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I really hope "once in a pandemic" becomes a common phrase now.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Shit, I have the same dilemma. Should I go or not? Except it's not regarding international travel. It's about going to the fucking grocery store. Are people fucking insane? Sadly, the answer appears to be yes.
    You are not alone in your thinking.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I’m fucking tired of it.

Everybody that thinks “I’m special and I should be able to do the thing (travel, eat indoors at restaurants, visit family, etc.) but it’s everybody else’s fault we have a runaway pandemic” FFS more than 4,000 people are dying in America every fucking day.

Stay the fuck home.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    lots of people are gonna have fake laminated "I was vacineated" cards

the same people that have laminated "I don't have to wear a mask - and you can't ask me why" cards

but most importantly is what Danno said. Ask your wife. She will shake her head and say "if you've been paying attention you should have already known that."
    You can create a fake doctors note, that you had a covid test. They accept that.

PS, I’d ask my wife but she’s in Cancun
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    You can create a fake doctors note, that you had a covid test. They accept that.

PS, I’d ask my wife but she’s in Cancun
    We can tell you were saving up to post that one.

Yeah Einstein anything can be faked including a passport - that’s not the point.

The point you were struggling with was why airlines wanted a test result (which can be faked) over a vaccination record (which can be faked).

At some point they may require both? Hypothetical.

Once more info is known on how likely transmission is from a vaccinated person, they may just require vaccination proof.

What did your wife need to provide in order to fly - her vaccination proof or a recent negative test result?

Been in Mexico for a month, all good.

Yeah, putting yourself and your family into a plane and an airport shuttle and a cab right now is smart.

https://twitter.com/AliNouriPhD/stat...751687168?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    100% agree. The only thing more awful than taking a vacation via plane right now is also having the audacity to post vacation pics all over social media.

If you're going to be a selfish douchebag and take a vacation, the least you can do is not advertise it all over the internet. Sometimes I think people get on planes and travel for the main purpose of posting pictures for others to envy.

New CDC guidelines from last week say you need a negative test 1-3 days before your flight home if you travel internationally... (starting 1/26)

So.... this thread is mute....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    New CDC guidelines from last week say you need a negative test 1-3 days before your flight home if you travel internationally... (starting 1/26)

So.... this thread is mute....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why is the thread mute(sic) because of that info?

(It's moot btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    100% agree. The only thing more awful than taking a vacation via plane right now is also having the audacity to post vacation pics all over social media.

If you're going to be a selfish douchebag and take a vacation, the least you can do is not advertise it all over the internet. Sometimes I think people get on planes and travel for the main purpose of posting pictures for others to envy.
    We have an acquaintance who has been taking "socially responsible" trips and posting crap on IG. Fuck off with that noise and just say you're selfish and took a trip or (I know it's a big leap for some) just don't spray about it on the internet. JFHC.

yah. Scheduling any travel is just not happening for a while.

sucakage in that our 30th is in may, we'd hoped to do a big trip, as we had a sick kid cancel our plans for 25th...but hey. not complaining. WE're all healthy wich is good thing.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    yah. Scheduling any travel is just not happening for a while.

sucakage in that our 30th is in may, we'd hoped to do a big trip, as we had a sick kid cancel our plans for 25th...but hey. not complaining. WE're all healthy wich is good thing.
    Yup. Our 20th happened last March... and my 50th is happening *this* March.

So it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yup. Our 20th happened last March... and my 50th is happening *this* March.

So it goes...
    If what you're saying is that the last year has felt like 30 I feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If what you're saying is that the last year has felt like 30 I feel ya.
    On the advice of counsel, I respectfully decline to affirm your assertion.

To those who travel during this pandemic for fun I would say, "Fuck you, you selfish, irresponsible fucking cunts!"

My sister lives on an island in Greece (Spetses) and my son wants to visit in June. I'm sure after spending a week with her, he would like to venture to some other islands.

Greece is a pretty tough trip from UT. I just don't know what it will be like in June. Right now, Greece is a mess.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Can you imagine once people are vaccinated and traveling again. It will look like an MLK pow weekend in VT. Or, if you prefer, Vail.

Well, lookey here...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive...224624729.html

U.S. President Donald Trump on Monday rescinded entry bans imposed because of the coronavirus on most non-U.S. citizens arriving from Brazil and much of Europe effective Jan. 26, two officials briefed on the matter told Reuters.

Reuters first reported in November that the administration had been considering lifting the restrictions, imposed early last year in response to the pandemic, after winning support from coronavirus task force members and public health officials.
    Last edited by Toadman; 01-18-2021 at 05:42 PM.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Why is the thread mute(sic) because of that info?

(It's moot btw.)
    Thank you grammar nazi. No. Seriously. Thank you.

I represented Mime in mute court years ago. True story.
    . . .

Ski buddy was supposed to leave last week for three month trip to his surf shack in Indonesia.
    The Indonesians cancelled him. Something about coming from a shithole country. Supposed to be able to leave first of Feb

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    My sister lives on an island in Greece (Spetses) and my son wants to visit in June. I'm sure after spending a week with her, he would like to venture to some other islands.

Greece is a pretty tough trip from UT. I just don't know what it will be like in June. Right now, Greece is a mess.
    They have a 10pm curfew and you have to be approved via text message to leave the house.

At least as of 2 weeks ago, a good friend of mine lives there.

Sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    Can you imagine once people are vaccinated and traveling again. It will look like an MLK pow weekend in VT.
    Yeah. It's going to be ridiculous. It's why Airbnb opened and is staying at suck a high stock price.