Page 909 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 904 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 ... LastLast
Results 22,701 to 22,725 of 41247
    Storm came in like a lion yesterday in Boulder, but fizzled last night.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Sun's out at ABasin already. Thought it was going to dump all day?

East Wall is caked.

^^ Ha!! that's fucking awesome! Also, I'm pretty sure I saw you on the BML webcam taking that pic. Lol! Get some!!

Ahhh, skiing vicariously from the keyboard.

Edit:

you?
    Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 379
Size:  393.5 KB
    Last edited by Jong Lafitte; 05-19-2017 at 09:08 AM.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I threatened to go up and super glue a ruler to it.

Too late!

^^Holy shit balls. Wow, that's close to "come back at noon" territory.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

More like find another hobby

We didn't even stop... Complete insanity. We were driving through Keystone at 715, and passed AB at 845 or something. They were just getting ready to close the last lot. Just kept right on going... Looked like LLP reopening took everybody by surprise. Sure surprised the hell out of me! Oh well... I've got better things to do today than stand in line with 6000 angry VR pass holders. Probably could have gone yesterday if I'd tried harder, but didn't. Guess this time I'm the statue...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Avy debris from my roof in Boulder. Periodic whoomphing all night and day today. Worried about my little dog. Need to get him a little studfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    We were driving through Keystone at 715, and passed AB at 845 or something.
    That's fucking insane.
    Old's Cool.

Jesus H.

I remember skiing a late season powder day like this in the mid 90s at A-basin and there was fucking no-one. Like 10 of us on the whole place. Times change

#goskiingwithyourfriends(all 10,000 of them) #coloradogoesbigtime #movebacktomiddleamericaplease #hashtags are lame
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Was this today and how was it not posted here?? Hahaha

Name:  Screenshot_20170519-121153.png
Views: 623
Size:  413.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Jesus H.

I remember skiing a late season powder day like this in the mid 90s at A-basin and there was fucking no-one. Like 10 of us on the whole place. Times change

#goskiingwithyourfriends(all 10,000 of them) #coloradogoesbigtime #movebacktomiddleamericaplease #hashtags are lame
    Still lots of those days... Posted pics of one from a couple of weeks ago. I think yesterday was one of them. But today was not... lol...
    Hugh Conway sucks
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Was this today and how was it not posted here?? Hahaha

Name:  Screenshot_20170519-121153.png
Views: 623
Size:  413.7 KB
    How is that real? Jerry for sure.

We need to convince places like Breck and Loveland to stay open later. What a shitshow at ABasin.

LL will most likely never stay open passed early May. I guees it's in their lease with the USFS and I guess it's a different office since they are in Clear Creek County, more strict. It's due to their migration corridor since they are the largest land bridge along I-70 due to the tunnel.

Hey mags, looking for some snow advice for those more knowledgeable than I.

Would you ski A-Basin Saturday or Sunday this weekend if you had to pick one? Saturday has the crowds, but I'm afraid it might be cement slush Sunday as it warms up (39 high).

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Still lots of those days... Posted pics of one from a couple of weeks ago. I think yesterday was one of them. But today was not... lol...
    Yeah, maybe some other areas were still open? Back when I'm talking about they didn't have the Epic passes and what not. Now you have a LOT of people who have Abasin rights and its the only game in town.

Quote Originally Posted by realjwin View Post
    Hey mags, looking for some snow advice for those more knowledgeable than I.

Would you ski A-Basin Saturday or Sunday this weekend if you had to pick one? Saturday has the crowds, but I'm afraid it might be cement slush Sunday as it warms up (39 high).
    I think that you just answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    How is that real? Jerry for sure.

We need to convince places like Breck and Loveland to stay open later. What a shitshow at ABasin.
    Every now and then, someone gets drunk enough that they can be convinced to try to jump the wall... Seems like usually not until closing day though...

#PROGRESSTHESPORT

Yeah, maybe some other areas were still open? Back when I'm talking about they didn't have the Epic passes and what not. Now you have a LOT of people who have Abasin rights and its the only game in town.
    Pretty sure the day I'm referring to was after all the big resorts closed - would have been just AB and LL... And no one was at LL. But also, that was a Thursday and there wasn't a huge storm beforehand - just seven or eight consecutive 2"-6" days. Lately, I haven't even been going on Fridays... Kicking myself for not having just dropped what I was doing yesterday.
    Hugh Conway sucks

Jesus H.

I remember skiing a late season powder day like this in the mid 90s at A-basin and there was fucking no-one. Like 10 of us on the whole place.
    Was this the MONSTER May storm that was kinda upside down? I remember some monster May dump back in the 90's and we were skiing Pali on skinny skis in fucking TRAPDOOR shit.

People were SENDING the big rocks off International... it was impressive.

I skied A basin this spring and there were very few people on the mountain, never waited in any lift lines, it was a saturday too and it was super fun. It's not complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Was this the MONSTER May storm that was kinda upside down? I remember some monster May dump back in the 90's and we were skiing Pali on skinny skis in fucking TRAPDOOR shit.

People were SENDING the big rocks off International... it was impressive.
    I remember a few of those days. There was this one year (94 or 95?) when it just puked from April until June. I had access to some discount pass or something and went up a number of times. One I remember was in June - 3' of heavy powder but I had picked up these heli skiing skis at like 100 underfoot that everyone thought were clown skis back then and would snicker at on the lifts but they worked like magic in that heavy powder while everyone else had skinny skis and were tip diving all over.

Nah, it was 2 Wednesdays ago. I had my own personal East Wall line that day. Patrol put in one track, the rest (all 6) were mine. Definitely empty, definitely awesome. It wasn't 2 feet, but it skied about the same as today (unless you're into the whole 'slash for the camera' shit that everyone posts these days).

Was at the lift line around 830 (parked around 745-800?) and it wasn't that bad at all honestly. Lift lines were pretty reasonable for the most part. Zuma cornice was awesomeness - impossible to send the cornice with too much speed hah. Pillowedlandings for sure. So much fun. Got North Pole right when it opened. After that was the first real lift line I was in all day. Did one more hike and called it. Finished up with some LL pass southside laps. Great day.

Are N aspects staying cold? Everything I skied in dry gulch this afternoon was hot PNW pow. No complaints, but curious if everything got hot or if there's blower to be had...

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Are N aspects staying cold? Everything I skied in dry gulch this afternoon was hot PNW pow. No complaints, but curious if everything got hot or if there's blower to be had...
    Dude, it's late May.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    LL will most likely never stay open passed early May. I guees it's in their lease with the USFS and I guess it's a different office since they are in Clear Creek County, more strict. It's due to their migration corridor since they are the largest land bridge along I-70 due to the tunnel.
    I've heard the migration excuse is bullshit. If ski areas didn't spend so much and work so hard to open the WROD they could postpone opening until Dec or at least Thanksgiving weekend and keep interest through May and into June.

People were smarter back in the good old days.