Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...w6gH-oE7ist3Cc
    Butt-hurt-flake. This has been fascinating to watch. You really are a piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    dementia.
    Careful or someone will opine on the deseaseyness of dementia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Careful or someone will opine on the deseaseyness of dementia..
    Just remember shit, how hard is that.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Butt-hurt-flake. This has been fascinating to watch. You really are a piece of shit.
    I hate big pharma, what’s your point?
    crab in my shoe mouth

"Forgetting stuff is just self inflicted!"

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Buttflake probably thinks that people who suffer from depression just need to stop being sad pussies and start being happy. The Bob Newhart "just stop it" method. Except that was a comedy sketch.

Demonstrating to anyone with critical thinking skills that he lacks such skills.
    For those who didn't get the reference, here is buttflake in his new role as therapist:

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My father in law was just denied VA benefits for dementia. He’s broke. My wife and I have to come up with an extra $1400 a month so he can live in a facility. We aren’t rich and this will hurt but I imagine many people couldn’t afford this situation and he’d be homeless.

He’d be another Vietnam vet with stage 4 Louis Body Dementia yelling at people on the street.

I’m pissed at HIM for being a jackass the last 20 years spending all his retirement money at WalMart and buying motorcycles and RV’s (he’s a Texan).
    Doesnt Medicare pay for nursing homes if you have nothing? I thought there was a formula.

I think you have to use up all of your money first.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

That and they only pay up to a certain amount.

We should be easy on Buttahflake. His favorite football team's owner has been fucking sex slaves (and filing court motions to suppress video tape evidence.) Plus it sounds like he just quit drinking. Not to mention that his state of NH has the second highest opiod mortality rate. He's literally surrounded by people in their houses (or is it cabins?... not sure what they got in NH) dying of fentanyl overdoses. When your only recourse is "well, at least we're not West Virginia", it can put you in a bad/alzhemeirly mood.

Lane County (Eugene) Oregon fun facts again:

2450 homeless children attended school there. (something like 300 of those are unaccompanied.)

54% of 3rd graders in Eugene's school system can't read at grade level. This is a key indicator of high school graduation and success later in life.

I'll bet it starts here for some. My friend got hit by one of these "legal" scumbags. The WA constitution seems to favor the powerful rather than protect the weak.

$249 medical bill that difficult for the debtor to pay legally morphs into $1260 debt.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...2jb0rHH3XTsGKg

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Doesnt Medicare pay for nursing homes if you have nothing? I thought there was a formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    I think you have to use up all of your money first.
    Yes. If you have assets but not enough for a private nursing home you will need to dump assets (timeline is five years - you can't just dump and go) to get into one that Medicare will cover. They aren't always the nicest but it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post

$249 medical bill that difficult for the debtor to pay legally morphs into $1260 debt.

And those med bills stack up quick. My less than 24hrs in the ER/Hosp for diverticulitis in Nov. billed out at over 10K.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

My father in law was just denied VA benefits for dementia. He’s broke. My wife and I have to come up with an extra $1400 a month so he can live in a facility. We aren’t rich and this will hurt but I imagine many people couldn’t afford this situation and he’d be homeless.

He’d be another Vietnam vet with stage 4 Louis Body Dementia yelling at people on the street.

I’m pissed at HIM for being a jackass the last 20 years spending all his retirement money at WalMart and buying motorcycles and RV’s (he’s a Texan).
    @ $1400/mo you're getting off easy. My FIL is in an assisted living facility now and it's over $11k/mo. Granted it's a pretty nice place but... ouch. Thankfully he had a long term care policy that covers a bit under half and he has the resources to cover the rest for another few years.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    When I was in the hospital for 11 days a few months ago nearly every day they tried to push some sort of opiate on me and at least 4 of those days they tried to make me take Zanax. I turned them down every time but when I was asleep overnight they put it in the IV drip that was running. There were times I was in significant pain and they tried to get me to go for morphine, I'd say no and they basically forced it on me by saying "ok get up and leave" when there was no way I could have done that. You can't get away from it.

When it comes to the homeless being in the situation they're in due to piss poor choices they made and the drugs they chose to use that put them there I agree with he who I hate agreeing with. I may even have a colder attitude towards it than the one he expressed. If it was due to the med/pharma industry forcing it on them and they were too weak to resist I may be a little bit softer but it's ok to hurt a bit and not let yourself get led down that path, there are alternatives. Smoke a bowl or something, it doesn't have to be synthetics.

Careful or someone will opine on the diseaseyness of dementia..
    You want to know what it's like to have a family member that doesn't remember you were in to visit for a few hours 10 minutes after you left? You want to know what it's like when they don't remember eating 2 minutes after they're done? You want to know what it's like when they call the police because you're 'stealing' their money that's being used to pay for their care and you get investigated by adult protective services? The paranoia is overwhelming, the anger is heartbreaking to watch, the confusion and empty stare is maddening for those around. Shut the fuck up about dementia maybe not being a disease.

You don't even want to know. See above.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I hate big pharma, what’s your point?
    I'm so fed up with the whole medical industry you can't even imagine...

"Forgetting stuff is just self inflicted!"
    Again, fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Doesn't Medicare pay for nursing homes if you have nothing? I thought there was a formula.
    Sort of. If any family member has any ability to contribute they must. There is no choice or way out of it.

That amount doesn't even cover what it costs to be in the most horrible state or city run facility. They also don't feed the 'residents' sufficiently to keep them marginally healthy much less alive. They frequently use food that's been donated because it's past the expiration date or is leftovers from corporate kitchens or catered affairs. The slop they put on plates is disgusting.

@KQ that $10k for a day is pretty mild compared to my 11 days for $400k Insurance is covering most but not all. It's going to hurt for years trying to get that taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    @ $1400/mo you're getting off easy. My FIL is in an assisted living facility now and it's over $11k/mo. Granted it's a pretty nice place but... ouch. Thankfully he had a long term care policy that covers a bit under half and he has the resources to cover the rest for another few years.

When I was in the hospital for 11 days a few months ago nearly every day they tried to push some sort of opiate on me and at least 4 of those days they tried to make me take Zanax. I turned them down every time but when I was asleep overnight they put it in the IV drip that was running. There were times I was in significant pain and they tried to get me to go for morphine, I'd say no and they basically forced it on me by saying "ok get up and leave" when there was no way I could have done that. You can't get away from it.

When it comes to the homeless being in the situation they're in due to piss poor choices they made and the drugs they chose to use that put them there I agree with he who I hate agreeing with. I may even have a colder attitude towards it than the one he expressed. If it was due to the med/pharma industry forcing it on them and they were too weak to resist I may be a little bit softer but it's ok to hurt a bit and not let yourself get led down that path, there are alternatives. Smoke a bowl or something, it doesn't have to be synthetics.

You want to know what it's like to have a family member that doesn't remember you were in to visit for a few hours 10 minutes after you left? You want to know what it's like when they don't remember eating 2 minutes after they're done? You want to know what it's like when they call the police because you're 'stealing' their money that's being used to pay for their care and you get investigated by adult protective services? The paranoia is overwhelming, the anger is heartbreaking to watch, the confusion and empty stare is maddening for those around. Shut the fuck up about dementia maybe not being a disease.

Again, fuck you.

Sort of. If any family member has any ability to contribute they must. There is no choice or way out of it.

That amount doesn't even cover what it costs to be in the most horrible state or city run facility. They also don't feed the 'residents' sufficiently to keep them marginally healthy much less alive. They frequently use food that's been donated because it's past the expiration date or is leftovers from corporate kitchens or catered affairs. The slop they put on plates is disgusting.

@KQ that $10k for a day is pretty mild compared to my 11 days for $400k Insurance is covering most but not all. It's going to hurt for years trying to get that taken care of.
    $1400 is the remaining balance, it’s over $5k a month total.

And I think PNW Brit was just being sarcastic with me about dementia, he wasn’t serious.

My mil was able to financially separate financially from my fil when he went to a home with dementia. That was in a high tax state. States pay a portion and make the rules.

$1400 is the remaining balance, it’s over $5k a month total.

And I think PNW Brit was just being sarcastic with me about dementia, he wasn’t serious.
    Sorry if that's the case, I've been taking it kind of personally when things turn that way lately as the old guy fades away upstairs but his body just keeps plodding along.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Yes. If you have assets but not enough for a private nursing home you will need to dump assets (timeline is five years - you can't just dump and go) to get into one that Medicare will cover. They aren't always the nicest but it's better than nothing.
    I like it that advising people that have had some financial success... ie, they have assets at the time when they realize they may need assisted living in the not so distant future...to hide their assets is not met with more scorn...

If someone struggling to make ends meet hides assets to qualify for assistance they are lazy fraudsters.

If they spend some of their money rather than save it and cant afford their cancer treatment well they should have saved more...

But put everything in the kids names so you dont have to pay the nursing home is ok?

Sorry if that's the case, I've been taking it kind of personally when things turn that way lately as the old guy fades away upstairs but his body just keeps plodding along.
    Vibes mang. I watched my grandfather go through this. It's heartbreaking to watch the "big strong guy" you remember as a kid turn into an empty shell who doesn't know who you are.

Again, fuck you.

My remarks about dementia were sarcasm aimed at buttflake claiming that addiction wasn't a disease.

I know full well what it's like to have a family member go through it.

I'll consider the fuck yous withdrawn.

[QUOTE=gravitylover; I'd say no and they basically forced it on me by saying "ok get up and leave" when there was no way I could have done that. You can't get away from it.

[/QUOTE]

There a reason for pain management beyond shutting up an uncooperative patient:
    Why is pain control so important?

In addition to keeping you comfortable, pain control can help speed your recovery and may reduce your risk of developing certain complications after surgery, such as pneumonia and blood clots. If your pain is well controlled, you will be better able to complete important tasks, such as walking and deep breathing exercises.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

https://vtdigger.org/2019/03/25/ex-g...ewport-prison/
    The solution is just another problem on the horizon.

The report commissioned by organizations representing thousands of businesses across Seattle highlighted inadequacies in the criminal justice system. It looked at 100 prolific repeat offenders and found that many are addicted to drugs and severely mentally ill.
    wow, what a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    wow, what a surprise.
    I need to get into the business of writing reports.