Page 97 of 181 FirstFirst ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,425 of 4523
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Good in that we finally will see some lift upgrades. Bad in that it will begin to get over developed, more crowded and have the general lame vail issues. Bad for me, because now my wife will want to visit vail. Good for my friends property value (I think). Not sure how vail services are, but I imagine food and shuttles will improve.

I thought there were rumors of vail going bankrupt.
    Dude, you can have a fantastic time at beaver creek.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Press release says passholders have access both ways effective immediately.
    fuck yeah! That means anyone who started the year with the Alpine+Kirkwood pass ended up with 6 resorts at their fingertips (Alpine, Squaw, Kirkwood, Homewood, N*, Heave) -just in the Tahoe area.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

All this talk about Kirkwood...how about some Instagram stoke from this past weekend:

On a hike...

Promo chute...

West Shore proper....

Good times...good snow...

Stoked to ride Chair 7 on Monday morning with his father...

Kirkwood goes from zef to fresh. I think all resorts need to geographically diversify, dont be afraid of money.

I vote for a ski thru Blue Bottle, take that Squaw

Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    Unless Vail can solve Kirkwood's persistent problems -- access and infrastructure -- I don't think you should expect the onslaught of the hordes anytime soon.
    Avy shed on the spur!
    Four lanes on 88!
    Vail flunkies passing out free hot cocoa while they put your chains on at Pioneer!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    fuck yeah! That means anyone who started the year with the Alpine+Kirkwood pass ended up with 6 resorts at their fingertips (Alpine, Squaw, Kirkwood, Homewood, N*, Heave) -just in the Tahoe area.
    Too bad the small amount of snow we have is melting off this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I vote for a ski thru Blue Bottle, take that Squaw
    Somebody invent insulated skinny jeans so that this can happen.

Gds Guest
    Have to post this video for all my old homeeeezzz back in Cali. I was born and raised skiing in California and now im in Utah, and having the time of my life. Check it out yo, fun but aint nothin like home:

Quote Originally Posted by AKbruin View Post
    Somebody invent insulated skinny jeans so that this can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gds View Post
    Have to post this video for all my old homeeeezzz back in Cali. I

Some big hits in there Gds..

Quote Originally Posted by Gds View Post
    Have to post this video for all my old homeeeezzz back in Cali. I was born and raised skiing in California and now im in Utah, and having the time of my life.
    Our little Gavin is getting all growns up. Sick vid buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post

And jackshit for snow.

Squaw today, February 22 felt like a day in May: 50 degrees up top, bulletproof until about 1am and then softening only in a few areas, lot of people, and lot of thin areas and obstacles. If we don't get a Haily Mary or Holy Moses storm this thin coverage is going to go go go be gone fairly soon.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

Snow for fucks sake!!!!!!!jkjrfdjasklgsdklfgopawut9034u0
    Ullr you are a fucking pussy for a snow god and you can lick my hairy balls.

1) I'm pretty sure Vail used to own A-basin back in the day (only evidence is that I could ski free @ A basin as a Vail employee back in '02) and they managed to keep that from getting destroyed.
    2) Due to Hwy 88 being what it is, there's really no room to expand skier visits to KW. This deal is all about real estate, which is how Vail makes all their $$$. There is plenty of pent-up demand for housing in that valley. If they develop it properly, you'll have less traffic out of South Lake each day and a better residential base to support grocery stores, restaurants, bars, etc. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    3) GDS - that was rad
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Squaw was pretty shitty today. Bulletproof pretty much everywhere all day. The only soft spots were sun bowl and granite. I spent the whole afternoon lapping sun bowl. I'm gonna go again tomorrow afternoon and get there even later
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

had a nice afternoon at Alpine with liv2ski before he heads back South. He said Tahoe is nice, but he prefers the sun and hollywood atmosphere of Mammoth

conditions were pretty ok really - got a little hot toward the end of the day and the snow snakes came out a grabbin' for sure. 1st gen rossi S3 bases did NOT help with that, must apply more wax. We had a couple good laps off summit, then over to Scott for a free stone grind and pine needle/roto brush treatment. Yeah, def. more snow on the Summit side.

Anyway, great afternoon + beers on the Chalet deck = good 1st date! Thanks liv2ski!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Our little Gavin is getting all growns up. Sick vid buddy.
    Seriously, yeah Gav, awesome! Bring some of that snow back home for Spring Break, will yahs?

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Hey guys, let's look on the bright side, most of Tahoe is skiing pretty well considering it's late May.

Oh wait, what day is it? Shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Hey guys, let's look on the bright side, most of Tahoe is skiing pretty well considering it's late May.

Oh wait, what day is it? Shit.
    Every man dies. Not every man lives.
    You don’t stop playing because you grow old; you grow old because you stop playing.

what a nice fauxvember.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

Saw some pictures from MapleLeafGilles of Dunderberg.... looking, well, super thin and wind-hammered. I shudder to think of a non-existent High Sierra May like past years.... That is my favorite part of the season = long days, stable corn, 13,000ft+ summits, ugh.

Found powder today out by the moon. It was fun.

I would post up a pic, but tgr is not accepting my pics again...
    Last edited by Ottime; 02-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    had a nice afternoon at Alpine with liv2ski before he heads back South. He said Tahoe is nice, but he prefers the sun and hollywood atmosphere of Mammoth

conditions were pretty ok really - got a little hot toward the end of the day and the snow snakes came out a grabbin' for sure. 1st gen rossi S3 bases did NOT help with that, must apply more wax. We had a couple good laps off summit, then over to Scott for a free stone grind and pine needle/roto brush treatment. Yeah, def. more snow on the Summit side.

Anyway, great afternoon + beers on the Chalet deck = good 1st date! Thanks liv2ski!
    J, Mammoth skied well all day. Tahoe mags need to come south. Time to do a Mammoth Mini before the snow is toast?????
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Found powder today out by the moon. It was fun.

I would post up a pic, but tgr is not accepting my pics again...
    he's not lying.

but this pesky dog tried to take all the pow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	round-top-202.jpg 
Views:	1191 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	110830   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	round-top-149.jpg 
Views:	518 
Size:	281.2 KB 
ID:	110831  
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.