Page 74 of 227 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 5668

Nice TR Powdork

^^^JIM S!^^^^
    First time I haver seen Castle Rock hit when you have to Climb up the back to hit it!
    Thats dedication to a Photo op
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    I went for the 8:30 Chair @ Mt. Rose this morning.

The Webside said 6 to 8 @ 4AM

I headed up.
    It Was SUNNY!
    There was no wind
    Temp in the Mid 20's and sure enough 6+ INCHES of ligher POW covering everything.

Had some good runs,
    Snaked the Rose side as the chair was opening.
    Apparently they had groomed that side before most of the snow fell.
    I had a run down Bruces and cut over to Waterfall on perfectly groomed run with boot top blower over everything. (IT WAS GOOD)

Then Waited 1 hour for Nightmare Chute first tracks.
    I was first I saw this perfect smooove line.

3 turns and BAM!
    You think this is a bad bruse?
    Granite through 3 layers of Ski clothes. (Thought I broke it)

MTT: Ouch. Glad it was nothing serious.

All these little storms are starting to added up. Alpine was skiing great today. Coverage is better, but not mid-season yet. I had a great last run down Estelle through Pond slope. Those little back to back storms is making that area ski deeper than high traffic areas.

Props to my daughter ski team coach for taking the 7-8 yrs old out to Estelle. That hike must have taken some patience. The kids were stoked and could not stop talking about it at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by StormDay View Post
    Props to my daughter ski team coach for taking the 7-8 yrs old out to Estelle. That hike must have taken some patience. The kids were stoked and could not stop talking about it at lunch.
    awesomeness
    A good friend would come bail you out of jail. A great friend would be sitting next to you saying..."but damn that was FUN"

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    ^^^JIM S!^^^^

Then Waited 1 hour for Nightmare Chute first tracks.
    I was first I saw this perfect smooove line.
    8th chair bit still managed about 3 great runs, pretty much untracked b4 9:AM. best run was the 4th run though through some low angle trees .

6 runs or so by 9:15 then it was break time until more freshies in the Chutes.

I saw you waiting at Nightmare, we waited @ Beehive but not until 10 or so. Top of Nightmare and Hornet's Nest are a Nightmare, not surprised you got that bruise, Those entrances are scary but once in the Chutes are delivering. Love getting uncut runs 2 hours after the mad rush. Working by noon .

Perhaps 10 inches by tomorrow morning, may have to repeat today. 11 of the last 18 days have had at least 2-3 hours of skiing and some pretty damn good skiing at that. I'm actually getting a little sore

Yea A pretty good day.

Quote Originally Posted by gageyk View Post
    8th chair bit still managed about 3 great runs, pretty much untracked b4 9:AM. best run was the 4th run though through some low angle trees .

6 runs or so by 9:15 then it was break time until more freshies in the Chutes.

I saw you waiting at Nightmare, we waited @ Beehive but not until 10 or so. Top of Nightmare and Hornet's Nest are a Nightmare, not surprised you got that bruise, Those entrances are scary but once in the Chutes are delivering. Love getting uncut runs 2 hours after the mad rush. Working by noon .

Perhaps 10 inches by tomorrow morning, may have to repeat today. 11 of the last 18 days have had at least 2-3 hours of skiing and some pretty damn good skiing at that. I'm actually getting a little sore
    Just to be Sure that was You I rode up with about 15 till 9 Jim S also on the same Chair?
    You knuckle Dragers all look the same to me with Helmet and Goggles

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Just to be Sure that was You I rode up with about 15 till 9 Jim S also on the same Chair?
    You knuckle Dragers all look the same to me with Helmet and Goggles
    I was actually skiing today, It looked like you were a chair or two ahead of me at the start. Never rode a chair with that Green snot that Jim S was wearing .

phone pic from alpine yesterday.
    just off the top of ward.

Ended up at Squaw again instead of Alpine (which also looked like it would have been a good choice) for a very solid day. Again KT and Headwall were practically ski up to the chair all day. Lets hope this current storm leaves us a present.

Alpine tomorrow, though there is a small chance I might end up at Squaw again. StormDay, how were the lift lines, the parking lot looked totally full from KT.

First BC day

So before Bear opened I skinned up from the hwy 4 road closer....man I just found a cool little play ground for when inbound gets cut up.

Inbound was great!! The lower mountain was full of pillow lines and kickers. Hit one largish drop that I butt slapped my bindings on. All in all a cool. Never skied so many real pillow line in my life.

Kirkwood must have been of the hook if Bear was good on 4-6 inches.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Do you have one of those gay ass stickers on your car? If so, I'll bet money youre an uptight passive aggressive fucktard that hates anyone different than them, yet loves to pay lip service to 'tolerance'.

People with coexist stickers are ALMOST as bad as tele skiers, although there is some overlap.

alpine was great today... a lot of gapers around but most of the shredders were blacked out so fresh tracks were still available til 4 with some clever searching

petes was awesome in the morning
    high T was alot deeper than I thought and no1 was up there
    promise land held its promise
    scott trees rocked as well.

hope it stays cold and keeps snowing 6in at a time like this
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by unpossible View Post
    StormDay, how were the lift lines, the parking lot looked totally full from KT.
    We saw some lines at Scott chair. We never went to Sherwood and left Summit around 9:30 and didn't go back until ~12:30. I skied untracked on every run today except a warm up run after lunch(3 turns doesn't count) . Also as nickwm21 mentioned, the crowd is not the limited pass rippers. It can be avoided and the crowd is not on the good parts of the mtn.

Generally to avoid lines I try to leave Summit (for another chair or hiking) by 10am. Crowd usually hits Roundhouse and Summit 10-10:30am on typical mid winter weekends. Crowd tends to hit Sherwood ~11am. The more sunny a day is the people head to Sherwood.

Best plan for between 10am-2pm is to take long runs with or without hikes.

Also, lodge was mobbed for lunch today. Avoid lunch between 11:30-1pm.

I'm at Alpine tomorrow (kids have team). Ping me when you get to the mtn.

KW was pretty rad today. Bluebird all morning. Crisp temps. Super fast and cold pow. Deeper than expected.

Pimpin' Frog home on break to hit up Outer Palisades...3" of new...hmmmmm.

I've gotten an hour or two each of the past two afternoons at Alpine, after working etc. in the mornings. Yesterday, I didn't have much luck with snow, although I managed to make a damned fool of myself in front of Fluffballs. This afternoon, on the other hand, a non-maggot friend suggested traversing out under Keyhole, where one of my sons and I found freshies at 2:45. Noice.

From what I could see, parking was a flustercluck, but the lifts in the afternoons (2pm on), at least, weren't bad.

Trying to make tomorrow a full day. Snow keeps coming down.
    not counting days 2016-17

Best plan for between 10am-2pm is to take long runs with or without hikes.

\
    I can't piece together spending 3 or 4 hours of skiing at alpine without ending up back at summit at some point. Where (without giving up stashes) are you skiing for these 4 hours?
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

I think he's not counting hikes towards Estelle as "Summit." But from what I saw late yesterday, you could've had a lot of fun lapping the Alpine Bowl Chair.

Quote Originally Posted by kona12 View Post
    I can't piece together spending 3 or 4 hours of skiing at alpine without ending up back at summit at some point. Where (without giving up stashes) are you skiing for these 4 hours?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
    I think he's not counting hikes towards Estelle as "Summit." But from what I saw late yesterday, you could've had a lot of fun lapping the Alpine Bowl Chair.
    The Dad is correct on both counts. The "or hiking" would be using Summit to hike to Estelle. It takes long enough to do a run that you do not feel like you are spending the day in line.

Also, with it being the holidays everything in close to Summit was hit pretty hard by 10:00am yesterday. If you wanted to ski fresh lines it was going to be an investment in time.

If a bunch of you want to pool your $$ and book me for a 4 hour or all day private lesson at Alpine, I can guarantee no lift lines at all. Or book me as a "guide" which is the same as an all day private, but costs a little less. I'm free tomorrow.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Quote Originally Posted by Zeppelinskier View Post
    So before Bear opened I skinned up from the hwy 4 road closer....man I just found a cool little play ground for when inbound gets cut up.

Inbound was great!! The lower mountain was full of pillow lines and kickers. Hit one largish drop that I butt slapped my bindings on. All in all a cool. Never skied so many real pillow line in my life.

Kirkwood must have been of the hook if Bear was good on 4-6 inches.
    Zep, where'd you skin from exactly? The drainage at the turn off or more up where the snow parking is?

The Dad is correct on both counts. The "or hiking" would be using Summit to hike to Estelle. It takes long enough to do a run that you do not feel like you are spending the day in line.

Also, with it being the holidays everything in close to Summit was hit pretty hard by 10:00am yesterday. If you wanted to ski fresh lines it was going to be an investment in time.
    Ah, got it!
    "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    If a bunch of you want to pool your $$ and book me for a 4 hour or all day private lesson at Alpine, I can guarantee no lift lines at all. Or book me as a "guide" which is the same as an all day private, but costs a little less. I'm free tomorrow.
    and by free you mean really really really expensive?

I liked him better when he was a slut than a whore.

;-)

I feel spoiled. 6 powder days in a row @ sierra. my legs had a yearning for rest but I still pushed through... got the 6th chair this morning... there's still so much untracked off the beaten path... parks are setup pretty nice right now too

New Years?!

getting a little off topic, but, whats the low down on New years in NLT?

A bunch of us Alpine bums were looking at options, CBC ($40 band, no thanks), Hyatt (free band), Biltmore (free DJ), maybe house partying?

Anybody got good beta on good NYE happenings on the North Side (but not as north as Truckee).

Who's all gonna be at KW this weekend....?

I will be there Friday and Saturday.....holler if you see me......Trew top and bottom grey and black, kryptons, neon poles, throwing daffys in the parking lot.....

Today at Kirkwood....it was really good.