Page 921 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 ... LastLast
Results 23,001 to 23,025 of 41265
    gonna take next Wednesday off to go ride in some aspens. Anyone got the word on where to go within, say, a couple of hours of the front range?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    gonna take next Wednesday off to go ride in some aspens. Anyone got the word on where to go within, say, a couple of hours of the front range?
    Kenosha -> Jefferson loop.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Kenosha -> Jefferson loop.
    I have ridden Kenosha many times (and may do so on Wednesday), but have you been up there or heard leaf reports?

I should have clarified that I wasn't looking for generic ride recommendations (and maybe you weren't giving one, maybe you have specific info), I am looking for reports on where the leaves might be going off 5 days from now.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Took a hike this morning off Mt Evans Road up the Chicago Lakes Trail - the aspens were on fire already.

Danno, Vail area is still a little ways off from peak. At least a week away.

I have ridden Kenosha many times (and may do so on Wednesday), but have you been up there or heard leaf reports?

I should have clarified that I wasn't looking for generic ride recommendations (and maybe you weren't giving one, maybe you have specific info), I am looking for reports on where the leaves might be going off 5 days from now.
    Crested Butte. Gothic and Irwin areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Crested Butte. Gothic and Irwin areas.
    You should check out the I-70 thread, a couple hours from the Front Range to Crested Butte would most certainly make the drive-time PR list.

Danno, have you ridden Meadow Mountain in Minturn? It's one of the best fall rides I've ever done. You can tack on some stuff on the backside of Vail to make it a nice, long full-day ride (like Grand Traverse and Game Creek, which also has amazing aspens) since it's only ~10 miles by itself.

Yeah. Good aspens up there. Also a good ride in general. The S. side of Kenosha has great aspens but a medicore ride.

Stuff in Golden Gate State Park and Stauton St. Park also had a good bit of aspen viewing.

CB is great. But not a day-ride from Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You should check out the I-70 thread, a couple hours from the Front Range to Crested Butte would most certainly make the drive-time PR list.

Danno, have you ridden Meadow Mountain in Minturn? It's one of the best fall rides I've ever done. You can tack on some stuff on the backside of Vail to make it a nice, long full-day ride (like Grand Traverse and Game Creek, which also has amazing aspens) since it's only ~10 miles by itself.
    I've not ridden Meadow Mountain though I've heard of it a bunch, and I know my riding partner has ridden it. On the list.

It's a grind up a forest road to a beautiful summit with a 4 mile single track decent.

Maybe I'm spoiled, done it at least a hundred times and would just say meh, but, hey, free cold beer. I live a mile away. You know that.

Leaves here are 1%. Going to be at least a couple of weeks before blast off.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Meadow Mtn gets better the more you ride it. Its a little overgrown with tall foliage so there's a lot of surprise last minute turns. Hard to keep your speed up and flowing if you can't see where the trail is going. That said, once you memorize it, its a good time for sure and flows pretty well. And yeah, the climb is a boring dirt road, but it is kinda aesthetic in fall I guess.

The trail is WAY easier to ride in the fall once all the brush and bushes die down.... it's almost impossible to ride in the summer at peak growth.

I know the dirt road climb is a dirt road and all, but the top mile or two is absolutely beautiful with the views and the aspens. It almost makes you forget you're climbing. Almost.

Funny, I prefer going up dirt roads vs singletrack. Guess that's good since most rides in CB are like that. Back to the leaf question, CB is probably around 20% or so close to town. Also, my PR from Golden to CB is 3 hours. But that was a long time ago and that was probably too fast.

DEPTH HOARZ

Maybe we'll go to twin lakes. Or maybe Kenosha reports will be good.

leafy update from our multi-pass road tour
    Kenosha Pass - near peak
    Weston Pass - at peak
    Tennessee Pass to Red Cliff - about 1/3 peak
    Shrine Pass - less than 1/4 peak

Kenosha was like Berthoud on a powder weekend. I've never seen it so crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    leafy update from our multi-pass road tour
    Kenosha Pass - near peak
    Weston Pass - at peak
    Tennessee Pass to Red Cliff - about 1/3 peak
    Shrine Pass - less than 1/4 peak

Kenosha was like Berthoud on a powder weekend. I've never seen it so crowded.
    Peeper.

Think Kenosha will last until Wednesday? Sounds like it would, unless it was a little past peak.

Make sure to ride the east side too... it's pretty freakin awesome over there.

Kenosha will be great on Wed

thanks mang

I was just up at buff creek and most of the bushes etc. have changed, but the aspens are at about 1% yellow. I bet by next weekend they're pretty good.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Are there any good trails to ride or hike off the Peak To Peak Highway, that go through great aspen groves like you see up at Kenosha?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Are there any good trails to ride or hike off the Peak To Peak Highway, that go through great aspen groves like you see up at Kenosha?
    not close. Some good leaves up caribou, and there's a great huge standby the highway, near the south terminus of sourdough. But maybe someone else has more info, I'm mostly looking for biking trails.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

not close. Some good leaves up caribou, and there's a great huge standby the highway, near the south terminus of sourdough. But maybe someone else has more info, I'm mostly looking for biking trails.
    Me too (that and hiking). Peak to Peak Hwy always comes up as such a great fall spot but I don't care about driving in the foliage. I want to hike/bike in it, and I couldn't think of any trails up that way, off the highway. Is Sourdough good for riding or super rocky?