Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    Only in the last 24 hours have I really started to give thought to the broader ways that day altered the course of the world I live in. I was never sheltered from the reality of what happened; My dad told me the story of Todd Beamer at a young age and I have always understood that my uncle who lived in Manhattan at the time was irreparably changed by what he saw, but only now have I come to understand that it wasn't just TSA, the Patriot Act, and really fucking long war that was set into motion that day. I was born into a nation with attitudes as infantile as I was. Aggressive foreign policy and vindictive sentiment defined the world I grew up in. How exactly that shit has and will effect the course of the world I live in, I don't really know, but I do know that the world I was born into was not the same as it was three weeks before and never will be again.
    I feel like a lot of it is the little things, not so much the wars and surveillance- those have always been there anyway.

But 21yrs ago, you could walk your partner all the way to the gate, or meet them there on arrival if you wanted. You could carry almost anything onto an airplane, barring obvious weapons. You never took off your shoes or got body scanned so deep that some TSA agent knows how long your cock is.

I never even imagined that somebody might try to kill me and a bunch of others, just to make a point. We just trusted each other to not fuck it up, (and took it for granted) and now we can't do that anymore. And that sucks.

20 Years Later.....09/11

Started typing my story and realized it’s no more important than anyone else’s and way less important than most, but damn, that day is indelible.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Art Shirk; 09-12-2021 at 02:21 AM.

Last edited by Benny Profane; 09-13-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That was a really good read. We probably turn a blind eye to many aspects of the big picture, but the falling people seem like the only event of the day we actively try to forget.

Edited pic from quote, but the story is worth it.
    Last edited by jono; 09-12-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

...insert cynical response here....

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    never forget
    adversity creates heroes

god bless our heroes
    keep rollin
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I think the only potentially believable conspiracy theory is that people very high up (but not Bush) knew more about the plot than they are letting on and ALLOWED it to happen. Then, there's the ones that claim the plains were hacked and flown remotely. There were WAY easier ways to create enough rage to bring us in to the wars that followed. They certainly didn't need to do that to pull us in to the first Gulf War. Big Oil pissing off Bin Laden and the Taliban is what REALLY pulled us in to the shit again.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    I think the only potentially believable conspiracy theory is that people very high up (but not Bush) knew more about the plot than they are letting on and ALLOWED it to happen. Then, there's the ones that claim the plains were hacked and flown remotely. There were WAY easier ways to create enough rage to bring us in to the wars that followed. They certainly didn't need to do that to pull us in to the first Gulf War. Big Oil pissing off Bin Laden and the Taliban is what REALLY pulled us in to the shit again.
    The most believable conspiracy theory is that a guy who came up in the KGB back when they were telling people the moon landings were faked got in charge in Russia and started using proven tactics against his old adversary. No reasonable person can look at the Bush administration, the mid/upper ranks of the FBI or any of the people who could have done something and think they were most likely malicious geniuses. They have all demonstrated, before and since, that they were more than occasionally incompetent, unimaginative, and too protective of their own careers. There was (and almost certainly is) a whole chain of command rewarding people for not taking chances with their reputations. That failed us in 2001 the same way it did in 2020. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    Started typing my story and realized it’s no more important than anyone else’s and way less important than most, but damn, that day is indelible.
    You should tell your story. However you perceive the importance of your experience, all of our stories belong together, whether that's here or somewhere else in life. All of us became part of it that day. It keeps the words Never Forget from becoming some hollow, branded bullshit. It keeps us human.

Quote Originally Posted by papapoopski View Post
    You should tell your story. However you perceive the importance of your experience, all of our stories belong together, whether that's here or somewhere else in life. All of us became part of it that day. It keeps the words Never Forget from becoming some hollow, branded bullshit. It keeps us human.
    Whoa, welcome back. Hope you are well, you've been missed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Spoken like someone with more stories. Welcome back!

If you didn’t see 60 Minutes tonight, you need to……”The Story of the FDNY on 09/11”.
    Unbelievable.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    If you didn’t see 60 Minutes tonight, you need to……”The Story of the FDNY on 09/11”.
    Unbelievable.
    Didnt see all of it, but what I saw was a tough watch. You could tell they all re-live that day constantly too. The survivor guilt was palpable.

I was negotiating a contract for Nurses at a hospital in Watertown, NY. We were meeting at a hotel and I hot there early to write up some language. A Nurse came in and told me a plane hit the WTC. I assumed it was a Cesna. When the 2nd won hit I got up and turned on a TV in the hotel bar. We watched in horror, pure disbelief.

Both negotiating teams decided to carry on as they did not want the terrorists to change our lives. Many of the Nurses had family on nearby Fort Drum, which locked down. We reached a deal in the early morning hours of the 12th. Just surreal watching it happen and almost surreal that it's been 20 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

20 Years Later.....09/11

Cesna was the first thing I thought when I first heard, because it had to be an accident. Shit, what’s in my eye?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

4 pages and no mention of Architects & Engineers for 9_11 Truth
    https://www.ae911truth.org/
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

20 Years Later.....09/11

That’s a great philosophy and much appreciated. I think I can be a part of the fabric by simply promising I won’t forget a sight, smell or sound that day. The loss of a loved one anchors that promise.

I also often think about the people who didn’t perish that day, but would later due to their heroism at the site.

We REALLY need to get rid of that jumping man pic. It is attached to a post by Benny.

It is currently the thread pic that is showing up on my phone.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    We REALLY need to get rid of that jumping man pic. It is attached to a post by Benny.

Why?
    -Ottime
    -BMillsSkier

20 Years Later.....09/11

I was actually surprised 60 minutes showed pics tonight of multiple jumpers. I don’t think they showed falling man. But I think it’s important. Americans are protected from Seeing actual death too much
    Last edited by mcski; 09-12-2021 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I was actually surprised 60 minutes showed a tonight of multiple jumpers. I think it’s important. Americans are protected from. Seeing actual death too much
    I've seen plenty up close and personal. I'm aware of the horrors of that day as I watched it unfold in real time. Also I'm prone to nightmares so seeing that image everytime I open this page is not a recipe for a restful sleep.

After 20 years I think that man deserves to rest in peace.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I've seen plenty up close and personal. I'm aware of the horrors of that day as I watched it unfold in real time. Also I'm prone to nightmares so seeing that image everytime I open this page is not a recipe for a restful sleep.

After 20 years I think that man deserves to rest in peace.
    I'm with KQ on this one. I know that if I were the family of that man, I wouldn't want him to only be remembered by his final few seconds on earth. A tragedy for sure, but I think both he and his survivors deserve privacy and peace.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

20 Years Later.....09/11

Last edited by hikesalot; 09-13-2021 at 10:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

So much bullshit. Let’s roll another one and smoke it up.
    . . .