Page 291 of 929 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    My mom would rather die than have her grandkids not live a full life

Damn you are an old selfish bastard.

Stop using up resources. You’re another useless eater.
    I read this that he’s actually talking to himself.
    Good for you!! You’ve finally figured it out.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Social distancing isn't perfect. Wearing masks isn't perfect. Vaccines aren't perfect. Who cares? That's the best we've got. I'm absolutely certain that all these protective steps at worst offer no additional protection and at best (vaccine) provide substantial protection. If you're not even willing to take these small steps to protect others than you're a selfish prick. That's really all there is to it.
    Sorry, but if you demand hundreds of millions of people to do things for your perceived safety, then you are the selfish prick. I ask nothing of you.

I suppose you are also a selfish prick if you don't think the speed limit on highways should be reduced to 40mph. Just a small inconvenience that will save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by ron johnson View Post
    What rock have you been living under?
    I’ve been working at the hospital witnessing first hand the effects of COVID. You’re a disingenuous troll. Fuck off and die.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    I'm actually interested in how they are 'wrong'? Authorities and recognized experts typically qualify their statements - based on the data known at this time or the models predict or specify why they are advocating risk-adverse measures. Further, they are very clear about how policy and interpterion can be fluid and subject to change as more data and analysis is introduced.

In lay person terms though, they've been on fucking point:

social distancing measures lessen transmission
    vigilance is paramount
    there will be waves and hot spots - it's a long, long process
    best avenue for relief from measures and impacts is immunization

Nit-pics about things like revising mask policy as the situation changes is ridiculous. As if the world is static and we're not expected to deal with new data, situational changes, missteps and reinterpterion on a virus that is 2 years old. The loudest contrarians are MAGA heads who laughably cite and reference policy and advice during Trump's admin when his thumb was on messaging and policy recommendations - cleaning up that shit is now 'being wrong'. GTFO.
    Quoted for the LOLz.

All these exceptionally smart people who have dedicated their lives studying this were able to tell us that:

social distancing measures lessen transmission
    vigilance is paramount
    there will be waves and hot spots - it's a long, long process
    best avenue for relief from measures and impacts is immunization

Bravo! How could we ever get by without them?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’ve been working at the hospital witnessing first hand the effects of COVID. You’re a disingenuous troll. Fuck off and die.

Given your credentials, I suppose only the subject of ventilators would fall in your area of expertise. Are you still using ventilators?

Well, they figure they need to dumb it down like that to get it through the thick skulls of people like you. Amazingly even that kind of simplicity doesn't seem to be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    plus, half the shit u mentioned was from the last moronic thin skinned narcissistic fake news, suppress the science potus
    1/2? that was a laundry list from the deranged. stable jenius!

And without quoting the moran above. I simplified it. And yes, they are intuitive but yet the moran side challenges every single one of those. And the experts didn't merely make the statements - they can express: what we know, how we know it, what we can predict and model. Framing. Context. Forecasting. Further - they fucking delivered amazing effective vaccines that you still refuse to take. Goddamn golden ticket but overconfident dumb-dumbs want their dipshit say.

Getting back on track, recent data out of Israel indicates: nearly all new infections are caused by delta, there are 3x more unvaccinated severe cases vs vaccinated, a reproductive number (R) of 4 for the unvaccinated vs 1 for vaccinated absent any mitigations other than vaccines, i.e., vaccines lower infection rates which also lowers transmission rates.

The takeaway is vaccines are still highly effective in preventing severe cases and symptomatic disease, albeit less so with delta, meaning much of recent misinformation spread by RJ was reliant on not only faulty reasoning, but bad data as well.

Further evidence:
    More than 94% of Washington’s recent COVID-19 cases, deaths and hospitalizations were among people not fully vaccinated, according to a new report from the state Department of Health.

The new data, released Wednesday, shows that between February and June, residents 12 and older who weren’t fully vaccinated made up about 97% of COVID-19 cases, 96% of hospitalizations and 94% of deaths in the state.
    From https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...d-report-says/

The hospitalization and death stats are probably even more impressive when you consider that the most at risk were vaccinated earlier.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    Getting back on track, recent data out of Israel indicates: nearly all new infections are caused by delta, 3x more unvaccinated severe cases vs vaccinated, a reproductive number (R) of 4 for the unvaccinated vs 1 for vaccinated absent any mitigations other than vaccines.

The takeaway is vaccines are still highly effective in preventing severe cases and symptomatic disease, albeit less so with delta, meaning much of recent misinformation spread by RJ was reliant on not only faulty reasoning, but bad data as well.
    don’t worry, there will be more bad data to parrot sQQn.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

RJ was reliant on not only faulty reasoning, but bad data as well.
    Sure but maybe if he believed harder it'd change? And whatabout muh Sweden? I doubt any of this really has taken into account what Core's grandmommy thinks.

Sure but maybe if he believed harder it'd change? And whatabout muh Sweden? I doubt any of this really has taken into account what Core's grandmommy thinks.
    "I'll gladly accept my own preventable death so the kids don't have to wear masks."

-CS's mom, allegedly

Both you and RJ keep glossing over the Delta variant. It's not so much a case of more breakthrough infections than previously thought after vaccination or even a case of less or decreasing vaccine effectiveness as it is a new variant.

It's like saying there were large overestimates of mortality rates even though it's now been established the mortality rate is highly dependent on hospital capacity and medical treatment. As with vaccines, mortality rates saw a steep drop with better treatments.

Yeah, I got that your post was also about masking and closing businesses but you've also, as in the post above, argued against vaccination in relation to the delta variant even though the data clearly shows delta is an even bigger reason for vaccination if the goal is putting masks etc. behind us.
    Time to play catch up...

I have been talking since day 1 that the eventual variants to the Alpha COVID strain would be worse. Anyone awake in biology 101 could have predicted this. That's the way viruses mutate and stay alive...pardon the pun.

Now the fearmongering over Delta is here 1.5 years later, just like we said it would.

This pandemic will stop when we rise up and say its over.

You are changing terms on me. Where did I say natural infection has 99% efficacy?

Infection rates =/ transmission rates.

I used that table as further evidence that vaccines were losing effectiveness at preventing infection over time. You claimed that the vaccinated were way less likely to get COVID. My position was that this won't be the case long term.
    You claimed previous infection gave 99% immunity. And yes the vaccinated are way way less likely to get or transmit Covid. Even when you try to restate what you said you are wrong. The vaccine is still wildly effective. Guess what, virtually all vaccines decline in effectiveness. This is nothing new.

Given your credentials, I suppose only the subject of ventilators would fall in your area of expertise. Are you still using ventilators?
    I’m in WA. Yes we have COVID patients on ventilators. All of our patients admitted for COVID(19 at last count)are unvaccinated.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I’m in WA. Yes we have COVID patients on ventilators. All of our patients admitted for COVID(19 at last count)are unvaccinated.

I can corroborate those numbers.

But you know better than to feed the trolls. They’re fucking mindless morons with no need for numbers. They do their own research on Infowars and Facebook anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

But you know better than to feed the trolls. They’re fucking mindless morons with no need for numbers. They do their own research on Infowars and Facebook anyway.
    I’m getting so frustrated with anti vaccine people, even coworkers. It’s like selective psychosis

1/2? that was a laundry list from the deranged. stable jenius!

And without quoting the moran above. I simplified it. And yes, they are intuitive but yet the moran side challenges every single one of those.
    Pretty sure virtually no one takes issue with points 1-3. #4, sure.

the experts didn't merely make the statements - they can express: what we know, how we know it, what we can predict and model. Framing. Context. Forecasting.
    Total failure in these areas.

Further - they fucking delivered amazing effective vaccines that you still refuse to take. Goddamn golden ticket but overconfident dumb-dumbs want their dipshit say.
    I'm not talking about the scientists that created the vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    My mother is willing to die. I was willing to die. But I got rona and lived. Sorry.
    Why would you and your mom rather die than get a vaccine that's been proven to be perfectly safe? (1B fully vaccinated and counting at last check).

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    "I'll gladly accept my own preventable death so the kids don't have to wear masks."

-CS's mom, allegedly
    hahahaha....
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post

Consider that you are spending hours arguing "medical science" in an echo chamber on a forum called THE PADDED ROOM on a platform run by a ski movie making company in bumfuck wyoming.

Some people can't see the forest thru the trees as they say....lol

Getting back on track, recent data out of Israel indicates: nearly all new infections are caused by delta, there are 3x more unvaccinated severe cases vs vaccinated, a reproductive number (R) of 4 for the unvaccinated vs 1 for vaccinated absent any mitigations other than vaccines, i.e., vaccines lower infection rates which also lowers transmission rates.

Source?

And yet, Isreal has decided to start offering booster shots: https://apnews.com/article/middle-ea...8e9eea4bdcc50a

Perfectly safe?

Ever read VAERS?
    Doubt it.

My previous rant was about lockdowns.

But if we’re talking vax, yes my mom should have gotten it.
    Me? Don’t need it. Natural immunity.

My kids? Natural immunity. But even if they hadn’t had Rona, they don’t need vax. Rare health impact if they get it. Yeah yeah spreaders etc. but no.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Why would you and your mom rather die than get a vaccine that's been proven to be perfectly safe? (1B fully vaccinated and counting at last check).
    Maybe they come from a long line of dumb motherfuckers?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Maybe they come from a long line of dumb motherfuckers?
    Evidently, given his response.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    You claimed previous infection gave 99% immunity. And yes the vaccinated are way way less likely to get or transmit Covid. Even when you try to restate what you said you are wrong. The vaccine is still wildly effective. Guess what, virtually all vaccines decline in effectiveness. This is nothing new.
    Efficacy and immunity aren't the same thing.