Page 21 of 88 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    it sounds like he saw some kind of rat from the 1950’s? weird shit
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    it sounds like he saw some kind of rat from the 1950’s? weird shit
    weird shit, indeed. i'm gonna go out on a limb and say that there was no raccoon/rat creature.
    swing your fucking sword.

I’m team sewer rat all day

MLB 2021 Official Thread

inspired by supermoon’s hatred of the long ball, yanks do back to back walk-offs on singles.

Epic extra inning come-back by the braves last night.

Not looking bad tonight either!

.500 for the Bravos and they are starting to swing the bats. Now if they can just get their starters dialed in.

And to rant, another fucking blacked out game tonight.MLB.TV
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

RIP Tawny Kitaen. You really left your mark on Tribe pitcher Chuck Finley. Literally.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/t...ty-1234969193/
    I still call it The Jake.

i hear rumblings that oakland may lose their last pro team in the near future.

The ability of a franchise owned by billionaires to hold a city hostage for a new stadium is the most fucked up thing about sports in this country.

It is but what are Oakland's attendance numbers?

Hate to see them re-locate though.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    It is but what are Oakland's attendance numbers?

Hate to see them re-locate though.
    in 2019, they were 8th last in attendance/game. thing is, 5 out of those bottom 8 finished last in their division. oakland finished second and were 3 games shy of a 100 win season.

Portland A's? I like it. Bay area residents have been moving up to Oregon for several decades. It's about time their team came with them.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Portland A's? I like it. Bay area residents have been moving up to Oregon for several decades. It's about time their team came with them.
    I worry that much like Seattle and the NBA, Portland is going to be used as a threat for any owner who wants a city to build a stadium. Once a team moves there it would lose its leverage.

Didn't Portland take the old AAA stadium and turn it into the Timbers' stadium?

Do they even like baseball in PDX?

MLB 2021 Official Thread

Yeah, they did. They have two minor league teams in the metro and you see MLB in PDX stickers everywhere. Lots of sports fans and lots of transplants with hometown teams that would come through. I think it would do great judging by how the Blazers and Timbers do.

Don't get me wrong the more baseball the better so I think it would be cool to have a team in PDX, I just hate that fans in another city that may have loved their team for decades could likely lose that team to do so.

Signed, a Browns fan in the 90s.

The Dark Knight returns to Citi Field tonite.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Don't get me wrong the more baseball the better so I think it would be cool to have a team in PDX, I just hate that fans in another city that may have loved their team for decades could likely lose that team to do so.

Signed, a Browns fan in the 90s.
    I have a soft spot in my heart for the big toilet bowl in Oakland, and would rather see the PDX team be an expansion team, but the Bay Area is a cesspool of tech bro interlopers that ousted all the real As fans. They’ve already fucked the Niners and the Warriors so if the As leave I wouldn’t feel as bad as say Cleveland fans who were true die hards.

Mass transit is good to the Oakland Coliseum, I don’t see why they can’t make a go of it there. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The Dark Knight returns to Citi Field tonite.
    disguised as the grey peasant.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Actually the game started at noon and already 3 runs in against him in the 2nd inning. They don't call em the Amazins for nothing

There is a PDX baseball group (Russell Wilson is one of the investors) with an idea to build a park on the Willamette across the river from University of Portland. There is no transit there, and it would displace industrial and shipping use, but looks like a pleasant spot to take in a game:

There are probably more long time A's fans living in Portland now than Oakland.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    disguised as the grey peasant.
    Actually today...sorry. The standing ovation lasted longer than his time on the mound. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    There is a PDX baseball group (Russell Wilson is one of the investors) with an idea to build a park on the Willamette across the river from University of Portland. There is no transit there, and it would displace industrial and shipping use, but looks like a pleasant spot to take in a game:

There are probably more long time A's fans living in Portland now than Oakland.
    Do you have to pass through a throng woke rioters and unemployed baristas to get there?

stealing a team is a dirty game and may come back to bite PDX in the ass.

Lotta homes for the Blazers, especially a gaping hole to the north.
    Deal to keep them there is up in 2 years
    Jody Allen is not the fan her brother was and Portland valued at $1.85 billion Paul Allen purchased the Trail Blazers in 1988 for $70 million. Lots of Seattle area ( or Vegas area, etc) dudes with a lot of money who think they are the next Cuban.

Karma as they say is a bitch.