Page 71 of 105 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2624
    [QUOTE=CrystalMountainSkier;6298135]
    Quote Originally Posted by haysman16 View Post
    Article says visits were up 17% percent at the Ghee but didn't marketing claim all season long it wasn't more crowded it just seemed that way with social distancing. Weird...

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post

Article says visits were up 17% percent at the Ghee but didn't marketing claim all season long it wasn't more crowded it just seemed that way with social distancing. Weird...
    Yeah, the Ghee claimed numbers were down this year. Not sure what that is about.

As previously discussed, I'm bummed about the expansion. I'm glad I got to experience a season of hike only access to the North and SE side of Peaked. It was exceptional.

[QUOTE=snapt;6298156]
    Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMountainSkier View Post

I’m still not 100% sure how they are going to set up this lift and the image wasn’t all that clear. Are they extending Sac or will there be a new lift starting at the top of Sac or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

[QUOTE=gtid;6299322]

I’m still not 100% sure how they are going to set up this lift and the image wasn’t all that clear. Are they extending Sac or will there be a new lift starting at the top of Sac or something else?

New lift in the catski area, this will be the last winter for catski at Targhee. Base of the lift will be where the lunch yurt is now and will run up to about 200’ below the summit of Peaked. Also I would not be surprised to see a “hike to” area on lightening ridge and some new BC gates along the new, southern resort boundary.

[QUOTE=haysman16;6299340]
    Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post

New lift in the catski area, this will be the last winter for catski at Targhee. Base of the lift will be where the lunch yurt is now and will run up to about 200’ below the summit of Peaked. Also I would not be surprised to see a “hike to” area on lightening ridge and some new BC gates along the new, southern resort boundary.
    Thanks for the clarification, I thought that would be the obvious choice but when it comes to Targhee nothing is ever obvious.

Name:  Doug.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  393.1 KB

Ski Hard.

Sweet pic DJ! Love the old shots before the gaper ramp became a thing.
    Live Free or Die

Caption unnecessary...

Quote Originally Posted by gforce View Post
    Caption unnecessary...

Name:  dude-at-least-its-an-ethos.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  74.2 KB

Missed you this season, hoped you'd come slide with us.
    Ski ya next turn...

Bring back tram tickets.

IKON=C-Pass.

I'm done playing nice. I'm done being nice.

And line cutters can fuck right off.

And a pre fuck you to Benny, who is going to come in here with his "Local's" wisdom.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

^^^^^^^^
    Ohhellyeah!!!
    That just wound me up like a top, SG. Too funny and right on the money.

There's gonna be some new school carnage next winter on the ikoners who Jerry out.
    And crass sticker onslaughts are in the thinktank processes.

I was just catching up on the Bsky tram thread and agree entirely. Tram tickies, no more waffles and limitations on ski school as to first lap terrain choices.
    Used to be only first half of R. bowl and no double diamonds to start. And racing the Guides to the sidecountry is bullshit. They are usually very cool to me but they know we see them holding intermediate hands as we flash past.; wondering how an AMGA or UIAGM cert landed them with these clucks. For the bucks, I guess.

Steeling myself for the tram argument. In Training.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Bring back tram tickets.

IKON=C-Pass.

I'm done playing nice. I'm done being nice.

And line cutters can fuck right off.

And a pre fuck you to Benny, who is going to come in here with his "Local's" wisdom.
    Welcome to the "Fuck off jerryclowns" club

I’m usually pretty nice, but help me god next winter. Fuck off with the ‘I’m just going to be with my friends bullshit.’ I’m tempted next time to walk past them to a friend and see how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    Tram tickies, no more waffles and limitations on ski school as to first lap terrain choices.
    Used to be only first half of R. bowl and no double diamonds to start. And racing the Guides to the sidecountry is bullshit.
    They have waffles up there? Explains why it smells so good.

The trollers use maple syrup for cologne up there, duh
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    I’m usually pretty nice, but help me god next winter. Fuck off with the ‘I’m just going to be with my friends bullshit.’ I’m tempted next time to walk past them to a friend and see how they feel.
    Saw this called out successfully a few times this season. Made my day each time.

In line with the general positive vibe in this thread, I am optimistic about next season. Most of the line cutting I saw this season did not delay me since it just put one more person on a gondola or chair that wasn’t full. When the lifts are back to full capacity I expect community enforcement will keep cutting to a minimum. 1.5x lift capacity and 4x tram capacity should go a long way to reduce the schooler effects. There won’t be more schoolers, will there? If the lifts were at full capacity this season, lines would not have been bad at all. We can hope that all the first time ikoners got their fill of lines and aren’t coming back now that they have had a waffle.

Quote Originally Posted by stevied View Post
    Saw this called out successfully a few times this season. Made my day each time.

In line with the general positive vibe in this thread, I am optimistic about next season. Most of the line cutting I saw this season did not delay me since it just put one more person on a gondola or chair that wasn’t full. When the lifts are back to full capacity I expect community enforcement will keep cutting to a minimum. 1.5x lift capacity and 4x tram capacity should go a long way to reduce the schooler effects. There won’t be more schoolers, will there? If the lifts were at full capacity this season, lines would not have been bad at all. We can hope that all the first time ikoners got their fill of lines and aren’t coming back now that they have had a waffle.
    The schooler effect will be the same since they just cut the number of schoolers by 75% in the tram.

I agree with everything else you said. I’m optimistic for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

First time that happened i was ready for a beat down. But went “oh well” when I realized they were filling an empty seat.

Thereafter I invited some friends to join me. It felt wrong and dirty.

Hope it’s not needed next year. Fill every chair!

PS. Big advocate of tram tickets and tram or no tram season passes.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    First time that happened i was ready for a beat down. But went “oh well” when I realized they were filling an empty seat.

Thereafter I invited some friends to join me. It felt wrong and dirty.

Hope it’s not needed next year. Fill every chair!

PS. Big advocate of tram tickets and tram or no tram season passes.
    When the new owners back in the mid 90's discontinued the tram tickets and variable tram access season passes, I bet they never thought reversing that course might be a good move some 25 years later.

The tram, and by extension the whole mountain, was generally understood to be limited to better skiers.
    Today's management has no idea of how make the overall ski experience better. They only wanna increase numbers. Any number: skier days, $$ per head, waffles sold, parking spaces rented, whatever.

The idea that the awesomeness of that hill has limitations, and can be negatively altered, has escaped them.

I can go on all day about what's great about the village, but also what's not so great.

As a matter of fact, I prefer a ski season of positive stoke only in this thread but also believe that the rest of the year is open season and negative commentary re: the jhmr activities are indeed welcome.
    Just don't jinx shit...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This year was the first and only season to allow line cutting for the purposes of filling chairs already spoken for.
    That was a good, common sense approach which makes me wonder who's idea that was.
    It will not be an ongoing trend, bet. The singles line is for filling chairs period. And it's first come, first served. It's History, you could look it up.
    The pushback is gonna be magical next season as some pukes are bound to try going that 'my friends are up there' route.
    There were a handful of locals who skied the box almost exclusively this season and maybe got 150 trips in. And they were the hardest on peeps. Stay the fuck away.
    My long history of requiring a bubble around me for the am wait is now more acceptable. Not a 6' bubble, I just don't want random Joe in my pocket for 2+ hours.

I do LOVE showing up in the dark, big flakes falling, a few locs in the tramline sipping coffee and yukking it up looking at their phones, watching the radar feed and debating their first line choices.
    And then EoB walks in right behind me...at 6am. After his sketchballz 100 mile drive across the sheet of ice on Antelope flats with balding summer tires.
    Dude, we are gonna slay some dragons next year.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Some friendly advice...buy the pass before May 31. Get a parking pass in the ranch lot. Hope for another fine season.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    TFT - c'mon, you really didn't know there were waffles up there? The only advert on that little building is a big 'WAFFLES' sign facing the tramdock.
    Good on ya for blasting away like that.

Got me a tram lap this spring after some years away, I tell ya, that thing made my day, and makes the hill. Pretty much only rode that thing when I lived there and I was shown why. Purest fall line skiing anywhere 🤠

Hear rumor today that Targhee Fest and possibly bluegrass might be back on.

Hear rumor today that Targhee Fest and possibly bluegrass might be back on.
    This would be a good thing

Targhee Fest On again is the best rumor I have heard all year!
    Seems a little late to get all of that shit together, but hey, no one is busy or booked, right?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Targhee Fest On again is the best rumor I have heard all year!
    Seems a little late to get all of that shit together, but hey, no one is busy or booked, right?
    Curious to see if they can pull it off.

Has there been a line up announced for Music on Main?