Page 392 of 435 FirstFirst ... 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... LastLast
Results 9,776 to 9,800 of 10853

Thread: GUNS!!!!!!!!

They are around, lgs here posts some up regularly. I know a shop in idaho gets faxon uppers in regularly. I managed to do an aero/faxon build rather quickly. Reddit.com/r/gundeals is a good place where folks post up deals.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by gretch6364 View Post
    How long till decent full uppers in 5.56 will be available? Some of these places need a wait list

Daniel defense updates their webpage everyday at 4pm est. Be there waiting and you might get lucky and score one. They are fucking tits. But spendy. Spread those cheeks.

Aero precision is starting to turn out new product. I remember reading they were moving to a new facility so that likely put them behind but I have been seeing new stuff coming back in stock lately. My parents just bought a complete lower from them two weeks ago.

If you're feeling cheaper yet, palmetto state armory still has uppers but, you get what you pay for. Expect blemishes and misaligned barrels. Their QC is slipping worse than ever with demand.

You can select email in stock alerts but products sell faster than you get the automated alert, so they suck a little.

If you know what you want, get your wallet and be ready and waiting when you check everyday. Or you can cut off an arm and a leg and shop on gunbroker or armslist.

Thats just a few suggestions. Start digging. If you want something and see it, buy it now. Worry about paying for it later. Backorders on some items are stretching over a year now, with now relief in sight. The current political environment is good at selling arms.

Eta: As of right now Aero has 3 different complete uppers available.

Anybody have a closed tine 5.56 warcomp the want to sell?

PSA has had uppers of late. Not top tier but I've had no complaints with mine.

Sold all my ARs on GB for ridiculous amounts of money.

Got 1500 for a 930 SPX that cost me 600 bucks a few years ago.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Thanks for the info. I grabbed a 17 designs billet lower while I could find one and am now looking for an upper. I think I am just going to order a complete upper through Wilson Combat. I always liked their stuff and honestly...the difference between $700 and $1100 really isn't enough for me to try to track down a better deal, etc. I called and talked to them this morning and the wait is 4 to 6 months after ordering...which frankly is fine for me. Which brings me to my next question for the mags.

Does the collective think the 300 HAM'R has staying power? It really intrigues me for this build. This would be my first AR, and I am not going to shoot 3 gun or anything of that nature....and I am not much for going out and blowing through hundreds of rounds of ammo.

I am considering ordering a complete upper in 300 HAM'R from Wilson with an 18" barrel. Would use it if I ever take a trip south to shoot hogs...maybe mule deer, but mostly just for fun at the range. It uses the AR-15 platform and bolt, so only difference is barrel if the round dies and I can't find ammo.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Re: AR uppers - I have a couple I would let go if there's interest.

First is a faxon gunner 16" with integrated flash hider, TI gas block, faxon carbon rail, holoson 403b, toolcraft DLC BCG. It's pretty much the top half of the what would stoner do rifle - it's light as you're going to go non-NFA and with a full-mass BCG.

Second and third are identical except for barrel length. Proof Research Carbon 1:7 11.5" and 12.5", superlative AGB, Surefire Warcomp, JPBC-16a, Geissele Mk13 9.5" rail. One has an XPS-3 and the other a T2 micro. True Gucci uppers - not sure why I built these. Beautiful and fnctional, just not terribly practical.

*edit* and a fourth - 14.5" Remington SOCOM profile, Surefire SF3P, cutdown A2 gas block, 13" Centurion CMR MLOK, Toolcraft DLC BCG, currently has Nightforce NXS 1-4x24 with IHR reticle in Larue LT204.

If imported AKs go the way of the EO, I'm going to have a WASR-10 on the block, too.
    Last edited by mangle; 03-26-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Jesus Christ! on both
    and
    I wonder what got Jenkins switched off 94gr handgun bullets for bear and
    onto a caliber like the .408, which legit
    could be EDC for the Pleistocene?
    Well obviously I'm going to dual wield them. Really, since the 408 was a penis joke, I'll be tri wielding.

I could be interested in the 16 inch, but not currently able to swing it financially. Maybe soon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Since I have until they start building it to change my mind...I went ahead and ordered the Wilson Combat tactical hunter upper with fluted barrel in 300 HAM'R. I had already ordered their lower parts kit and pistol grip, and they added the 4lbs two stage trigger and super stoc.

At 6lbs 6oz (no glass or mag) it should be pretty light for lugging around the woods chasing mule deer. May not have the range for when I get my goat or sheep tag, but we will see. Might be good if I can ever draw Ibex or Oryx in NM. I added some green on the upper, barrel, etc. so it looks more like the hunting rifle it is and scares less hikers on the trail.
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Alright, another question for you mags that have AR experience. Yes, I know I could ask these on other specific forums...however, I am not a member of any of those, etc.

As mentioned above, I ordered all the parts from Wilson Combat except my lower, which I wanted to get bought right away and found a 17 designs billet one in stock. If they are still available, I can easily grab a Wilson Combat lower down the road. My question is related to the difference in price of a built gun, versus what I have for my parts. Am I missing something or does WC just charge that much for the labor of building the gun for you? This is for their tactical hunter model if I used the WC lower:

Complete Upper (billet, no forward assist, 18" fluted barrel) - $1100
    Lower - $185
    Lower Parts Kit - $50
    Buttstock - $60
    Buttstock Kit - $52
    Grip - $30
    Trigger - $190
    Magazines - $40

Total $1,717

A fully built rifle with all these EXACT same items from WC is $2,400. So they are adding $683 in labor to put the lower together and attach the two? Am I missing some vital part that makes up the difference...and no, it isn't glass.

Now, it doesn't seem like assembling this thing should hard...especially since they are doing the upper. I tune my own bows, have built a lot of different things and worse case, my dad was a machinist his entire life and can advise, but from the videos....it doesn't seem hard....like at all.

Just seems crazy to me that there would be that big of a price difference when ordering all the parts from one place....I have to be missing something here.
    Last edited by gretch6364; 03-26-2021 at 05:01 PM.

So there are two parts of that - there's the assembly labor and then the excise tax they have to pay on a completed rifle. On something that expensive, it sounds about right.

*edit* Excise tax on a completed firearm is 11%. I guess the assembly is a bit pricey.
    Last edited by mangle; 03-26-2021 at 06:29 PM.

"What does your product cost?"

"What the market will bear, plus tax."

Alright, another question for you mags that have AR experience. Yes, I know I could ask these on other specific forums...however, I am not a member of any of those, etc.

As mentioned above, I ordered all the parts from Wilson Combat except my lower, which I wanted to get bought right away and found a 17 designs billet one in stock. If they are still available, I can easily grab a Wilson Combat lower down the road. My question is related to the difference in price of a built gun, versus what I have for my parts. Am I missing something or does WC just charge that much for the labor of building the gun for you? This is for their tactical hunter model if I used the WC lower:

Complete Upper (billet, no forward assist, 18" fluted barrel) - $1100
    Lower - $185
    Lower Parts Kit - $50
    Buttstock - $60
    Buttstock Kit - $52
    Grip - $30
    Trigger - $190
    Magazines - $40

Total $1,717

A fully built rifle with all these EXACT same items from WC is $2,400. So they are adding $683 in labor to put the lower together and attach the two? Am I missing some vital part that makes up the difference...and no, it isn't glass.

Now, it doesn't seem like assembling this thing should hard...especially since they are doing the upper. I tune my own bows, have built a lot of different things and worse case, my dad was a machinist his entire life and can advise, but from the videos....it doesn't seem hard....like at all.

Just seems crazy to me that there would be that big of a price difference when ordering all the parts from one place....I have to be missing something here.
    It’s markup 101. You can always buy the parts yourself and do it and then decide if you did it better than an employee who’s put together 10x as many rifles as you have. It’s not rocket science but convenience comes at a price. Free market capitalism; we shouldn’t have to explain it to you.

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the explanations...this is literally one of the only products in the entire free market that you can buy all the parts separately cheaper.

Go to Napa and order every part you need to build a Tacoma and let me know how it turns out. Anyhow...7” as Snowmass....surprise powder day bitches.

Thanks for the explanations...this is literally one of the only products in the entire free market that you can buy all the parts separately cheaper.

Computers
    Houses
    Reanimated Hookers
    Some food
    Travel
    Land Cruisers
    Drugs
    Reanimated Hookers

^^^ Sensing a bit of a theme developing here
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

GUNS!!!!!!!!

Listen...all I know is chorizo at BLT right now.

If I can put together an AR that runs well literally anyone can.

Thanks for the info. I grabbed a 17 designs billet lower while I could find one and am now looking for an upper. I think I am just going to order a complete upper through Wilson Combat. I always liked their stuff and honestly...the difference between $700 and $1100 really isn't enough for me to try to track down a better deal, etc. I called and talked to them this morning and the wait is 4 to 6 months after ordering...which frankly is fine for me. Which brings me to my next question for the mags.

Does the collective think the 300 HAM'R has staying power? It really intrigues me for this build. This would be my first AR, and I am not going to shoot 3 gun or anything of that nature....and I am not much for going out and blowing through hundreds of rounds of ammo.

I am considering ordering a complete upper in 300 HAM'R from Wilson with an 18" barrel. Would use it if I ever take a trip south to shoot hogs...maybe mule deer, but mostly just for fun at the range. It uses the AR-15 platform and bolt, so only difference is barrel if the round dies and I can't find ammo.

Those twist rates seem a little slow to stabilize righteous hunting weight bullets in .30 cal, and seem more designed for putting light bullets downrange than putting heavier bullets exactly on target.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Combat
    The 1-11.25 twist is only available in the short pistol or SBR barrels and is needed to fully stabilize the heavier bullets in a cold climate.

I recently purchased a Sig P365 XL and I just won an auction for a Glock 29.

Glock 29 is going to be a trail running bear gun. P365 XL will be for concealed carry and maybe bear purposes if I can find some hard enough hitting ammo. Both get here this week.

I may end up selling my G43 if I like the Sig enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    I recently purchased a Sig P365 XL and I just won an auction for a Glock 29.

Glock 29 is going to be a trail running bear gun. P365 XL will be for concealed carry and maybe bear purposes if I can find some hard enough hitting ammo. Both get here this week.

I may end up selling my G43 if I like the Sig enough.
    I own an XL...great little gun for what it is, especially for those of us who are well endowed (with big hands).

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I own an XL...great little gun for what it is, especially for those of us who are well endowed (with big hands).
    Nice. Glad to hear you like it.

I'm looking forward to having an alternative 9mm to my Glock 43. The 43 is cool and all, but capacity sucks and the sights are terrible, unless you are one of the small percentage of people who like stock Glock sights.

I'll likely drop a ported barrel in the G29 so I can fire full 10mm loads. Yes, it's a short barrel but I've read you only give up about 150 FPS in comparison to a G20. On paper, it should be snappy, but I've read that it is pretty manageable.

If for whatever reason I don't like the G29, I'll go down the rabbit hole of researching using the XL as a 9mm bear gun. I've read that 9mm has better penetration than 45 and 40 and actually has a pretty good track record against grizzlies, although the sample size is small because common knowledge for a long time has been that you should carry a bigger caliber for bears...

Gotta make the assumption that any glock you buy you also need to buy née sights. They are terrible. Especially in a low light scenario.

New 7.62 headed to the barn. Will post pics upon arrival.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Name:  HK 762a.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  84.0 KBName:  HK 762b.jpg
Views: 714
Size:  82.6 KB
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).