Page 1343 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 ... LastLast
Results 33,551 to 33,575 of 41273
    Fucking heat. I'm not ready to ride bikes yet.

Yeah, fuck bikes til June.

Hard to believe that just over a week ago we had the best conditions of the year. Now it's hard to imagine skiing anything other than corn. The amount of snowmelt in the past few days is insane, and it's not like there was a deep base to begin with. Hopefully one more big storm cycle comes through to prolong spring skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, fuck bikes til June.

Hard to believe that just over a week ago we had the best conditions of the year. Now it's hard to imagine skiing anything other than corn. The amount of snowmelt in the past few days is insane, and it's not like there was a deep base to begin with. Hopefully one more big storm cycle comes through to prolong spring skiing.
    I wouldn’t hold your breath, at least 10 days out looks like MOTS so the base ain’t gonna look good after that. But I’m with ya, I’d love one more big dump after everyone else has given up and put away the sticks.

It’ll probably start dumping in June.

I ended up getting my Enduro shred on in the front range. Quiet dry technical trails while everyone is in Moab and Fruita.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I'm more into the backpacking + high lakes fly fishing scene, but yeah, fuck that stuff until June.

Sangre's Colony Lake SNOTEL showing 60", right in line with some snowier sites in the San Juans and Flat Tops, so some of you may get some choice spring lines down there after all.

Mini rant - RMNP seems to have hit peak clusterfuck. Much of the west side and northern zones are fucked after Cameron Peak and East Troublesome. Timed access permits starting next month. Lottery system for backcountry (missing a ton of sites after fires) for late summer and fall. Tons of hurdles!

Did you guys see that Japan has recorded the earliest cherry blossoms in 1200 years? I wonder if we are starting to go nonlinear with the global warming?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

My wife wants to fire up the central AC. Gonna be 80 here today.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I ended up getting my Enduro shred on in the front range. Quiet dry technical trails while everyone is in Moab and Fruita.
    Started tearing my bike apart yesterday. New tires, bigger gas tank, grip warmers, usb power, turn signals, brush guard mounts, etc. gonna be a bit before it’s all done but can’t wait. Rode it up to the basin for a beer Saturday before ripping into it though. I’ll be dragging it to the FR or GJ/Moab in a few weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    My wife wants to fire up the central AC. Gonna be 80 here today.
    It was 75 degrees in Marble yesterday.

Whipski has kindly offered to bring a grill and charcoal/wood on Friday at 1pm, I would guess to Monarch's upper lot. Bring your own meat and beer or whatever. I'll probably bring something extra though so don't sweat it. Personally I like to ski 11-1 (crack-o-noon) so that works perfectly for me!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I'm more into the backpacking + high lakes fly fishing scene, but yeah, fuck that stuff until June.

Sangre's Colony Lake SNOTEL showing 60", right in line with some snowier sites in the San Juans and Flat Tops, so some of you may get some choice spring lines down there after all.

Mini rant - RMNP seems to have hit peak clusterfuck. Much of the west side and northern zones are fucked after Cameron Peak and East Troublesome. Timed access permits starting next month. Lottery system for backcountry (missing a ton of sites after fires) for late summer and fall. Tons of hurdles!
    I was at Colony Lakes last week. snow was down to the first parking area. Probably no longer. We have plenty of snow and the alpine is good but getting through the woods to get to it conditions suck. Who wants to wear ski boots when it is 60* out. Rio Grande FS roads are great right now gates are closed and no one around. I think the single track is still wet some places been staying off. Other than the crowds was a good season in Wolf Creek.
    off your knees Louie

Whip's good people. Good dogs, too.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Whip's good people. Good dogs, too.
    Concur. My dog is still considering his dogs.
    Henry David Thoreau

Whip has a couple of comps if anybody needs a lift ticket.

I'd like to encourage people to check out Monarch. I was so impressed with the early season skiing, really fun not to be stuck on crowded groomers. Also, they cleared out beetle kill recently and opened up a lot of nicely pitched terrain.
    Henry David Thoreau

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Whip has a couple of comps if anybody needs a lift ticket.

I'd like to encourage people to check out Monarch. I was so impressed with the early season skiing, really fun not to be stuck on crowded groomers. Also, they cleared out beetle kill recently and opened up a lot of nicely pitched terrain.
    This coming Friday? Never skied Monarch.

Sorely tempted to skip a couple of meetings. After all the word ski is right there in the word skip...

Hmmmm

monarch is a great ski area with a great vibe. love that place.

Im currently shuffling deck chairs to see if I can make it Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

Sorely tempted to skip a couple of meetings. After all the word ski is right there in the word skip...

Hmmmm
    I guess you have first dibs on a comp.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    It's like Eldora but with better snow, better weather, and without the Front Range.

It's like Eldora but with better snow, better weather, and without the Front Range.
    You forgot better terrain and better management.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    I guess you have first dibs on a comp.
    Well, that's sweet. I'll try to figure it out by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Probably could have left out the Eldora reference all together

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    First, it was a joke. And I'll admit that I don't know Monarch super well and what you say is true of Mirkwood, Eldora has nothing like that, but overall Monarch isn't very big or very steep and IME the two are actually pretty comparable from a terrain POV. I don't think Monarch has anything as good as Salto, as one example, unless you hike. I will certainly grant you the management, never thought to include that in my joke but no argument here. Lord knows I have been a frequent critic of Eldora over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Probably could have left out the Eldora reference all together
    Again, it was a joke, because EWG skis Eldora a lot and I have skied there with him.

Man, tough crowd here.

Brought the fly rod out to CCC today. No luck but was nice to be on the river.

For a small vert and acreage hill, Monarch hits above its weight class. I dig that place.
    Eldora does too, but only if you have listed as a strawweight.

If you are really arguing over whether Monarch or Eldora is better, you probably play golf at municipal courses, drive a Chevy cavalier, and listen to Winger. Just sayin. NTTATWWT.

But I like em both.