Page 111 of 247 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 6153

the dip shit boomer on his e bike on a trail marked no ebikes
    coming down hill at me didn't consider slowing down or moving over
    I was on fumes climbing near the end of a big ride when it happened
    hope he has to walk out someday when his bike shits the bed

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The wind. Fuck the wind.
    Still on the front range then?
    However many are in a shit ton.

Showed up to a trail head where Strava shows multiple people riding many laps and still chained closed. Shame on me for looking at Strava at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    Showed up to a trail head where Strava shows multiple people riding many laps and still chained closed. Shame on me for looking at Strava at all!
    Man don't you hate it when you poach closed trails to try and get a top 10 for the season but the pesky mud slows down your Strava times!?!? So unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

The chuck on my older Lezyne floor drive sucks dick.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    The chuck on every Lezyne pump sucks dick.

FIFY

However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    The chuck on my older Lezyne floor drive sucks dick.
    If its the old Lezyne Slip Chuck, pull the o-ring, go to your auto parts store and buy a few new o-rings for a dollar, and replace the o-ring twice a year.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lezyne-angle-adapter-slip-chuck~2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	370741
    The slip chuck is one of my favorite and super easy if the o-ring that holds the chuck on the valve are not broken down. Once they are worn out they wont hold onto the valve stem.

I owe you a beer. Why didn’t I ever think to do this!

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    FIFY

Fact. I have no idea why people like those things.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    The wind. Fuck the wind.
    I got cleared yesterday to ride my bike by the surgeon... Almost got blown off the road and needed to pedal downhill... It was humbling as I'm in such bad shape.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

I'd like to rant about myself. My singlespeed townie is a beautiful bike I love - Santa Cruz stigmata in navy, set up with red, yellow and blue bits. Front wheel is a radial aerohead flat spoke wheel but back wheel is an old trispoke. The valve stem of the tube I have in that rear wheel is too short to use without an extender, and I lost the little o ring that goes in the bottom of my valve extender. It's been probably two years now and I still haven't located a new o ring, bought a new valve extender, or replaced the tube with one with a longer stem. So every time I pump the thing up with the unsealed valve extender I have to pump furiously to fill the tire up to about 90 before there is too much air pressure to get it up any higher. Like this morning.

It probably took me longer to post this than it would have to order a new extender. Yet a couple weeks from now I'll do it all over again. WTF?

Don’t you fuckin’ “thanks for the pull” without taking a turn yourself you twit!

On a positive, middle of April and pulled a century today, almost a month early, fuck yeah!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My WTB asym i35 wheelset is the most stubborn fucking rim I’ve ever dealt with when it comes to changing tires.

It was going to be my plus bikepacking setup but I’ll be damned if I want to wrestle that pig on a trip somewhere.

Fuck those rims with an L shaped dick

My bike "old camilion with 1x10 fox 36 all xtr.". Was stolen, most probably by the daughter of a friend? Anyway I really want to ride. Looking around it's gonna cost me dearly to replace it. I don't have the energy to go after the dirt bag that took it. I'm just going to take a breath and know carma will sort it out
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

I wanna say, I love Strava.
    It showed me going 62.5 MPH on mostly flat ground, with a slight downward incline.
    Granted, I was in a full sprint.
    But 62.5?
    I must be some kind of a big deal.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Anyone have anything they'd like to rant about?

Are you just running the app on your phone, or do you run it through a head unit? If yer just running it on the phone from a jersey pocket, expect anomalies. Or you switched from imperial to metric.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Put on a new rear tire Thursday, bead seated fine etc, put in Orange Seal and left it to sit with 50+ PSI. Yesterday I bled it down to 27 PSI and loaded up to go to the trailhead about 40 miles away. Looked at my floor pump but didn't bother to toss it in the truck bed.

Get to the trail head and WTF the tire is flat and hemorrhaging sealant from around the valve stem. If I had the floor pump I could have probably made it work. Instead I have my shitty little quick shot pump. MotherF%&ker!

It was a nice 80 mile drive though and I did run into a buddy at the trailhead. Loaded back up and drove home and went for a gravel ride.

Thanks, I feel better now.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^ That sucks. I keep a full sized pump a multi tool, road tube and and levers in my car. I often stop for roadies on the shoulder that i see trying to use a mini pump furiously trying to fill a road tire to 80psi.

Fuck the people who use those plastic teeth floss things and toss them on the ground at the gas station.

What the hell is with flossing your teeth at the pump? Can't tell you how many times I see those things laying around gas stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Put on a new rear tire Thursday, bead seated fine etc, put in Orange Seal and left it to sit with 50+ PSI. Yesterday I bled it down to 27 PSI and loaded up to go to the trailhead about 40 miles away. Looked at my floor pump but didn't bother to toss it in the truck bed.

Get to the trail head and WTF the tire is flat and hemorrhaging sealant from around the valve stem. If I had the floor pump I could have probably made it work. Instead I have my shitty little quick shot pump. MotherF%&ker!

It was a nice 80 mile drive though and I did run into a buddy at the trailhead. Loaded back up and drove home and went for a gravel ride.

Thanks, I feel better now.
    Getting everything set up for our first trip of the year.... I expect one or two of these things to happen.

My daughter actually grew a bunch this winter. We didn't get her the 24" bike this fall when the demos were on sale... now she is a bit big for the 20" bike.... And whoever cut down the seat post that owned the bike before... ugh. I have to find a 26.8mm seat post that is longer for her... for the time being, until we find a 24" bike...
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Fuck the people who use those plastic teeth floss things and toss them on the ground at the gas station.

What the hell is with flossing your teeth at the pump? Can't tell you how many times I see those things laying around gas stations.
    Around here, people leave those things at trailheads, campsites, and random dirt roads. I don't get it either.

They are expecting the tooth fairy to pick them up.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    ^ That sucks. I keep a full sized pump a multi tool, road tube and and levers in my car. I often stop for roadies on the shoulder that i see trying to use a mini pump furiously trying to fill a road tire to 80psi.
    Got even today and with my repaired valve stem (Replaced) AND my floor pump, I went back and had a nice pre-storm ride. Loaned that floor pump to 2 different groups and it was the kind of thing like, "OK I'm going riding now just put it back in the back of my truck when done".

Good vibes all around.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Enduro-bro styling trends: are we at peak stupidity?

I thought we'd hit peak stupid with tubes/tools/random shit taped to frames, along with the return of 1985's fanny packs. I was wrong.

Recent trend I've seen appears to be wearing goggles at all times, such as while climbing and riding on ordinary trails that have zero gnar necessitating the goggles (and obligatory body armor).
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.