Page 260 of 929 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 23206
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Protip: when you see anything associated with "Mercola" the safe assumption is it's all bullshit.
    In this case he was (mis)quoting a reliable source. While true disbelievers can't be educated, there are a lot of people on the fence who don't have experience reading scientific articles and can be shown how he's misinterpreted and cherry picked the data.
    It doesn't matter how smart you are--you have to be able to teach us dumb folks without antagonizing us.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    In this case he was (mis)quoting a reliable source. While true disbelievers can't be educated, there are a lot of people on the fence who don't have experience reading scientific articles and can be shown how he's misinterpreted and cherry picked the data.
    It doesn't matter how smart you are--you have to be able to teach us dumb folks without antagonizing us.
    I didn't need to read it when I saw the author listed. If you weren't already familiar with that name, here is the "wiki".

Joseph Michael Mercola (/mərˈkoʊlə/;[1] born July 8, 1954) is an American alternative medicine proponent, osteopathic physician, and Internet business person. He markets dietary supplements and medical devices,[2] some of which are controversial. Until 2013,[3] Mercola operated the "Dr. Mercola Natural Health Center" (formerly the "Optimal Wellness Center") in Schaumburg, Illinois.[4] He wrote the books The No-Grain Diet [5] (with Alison Rose Levy) and The Great Bird Flu Hoax. On his website, Mercola and colleagues advocate a number of unproven alternative health notions including homeopathy and opposition to vaccination. These positions have faced persistent criticism.[6] Mercola is a member of the political advocacy group Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, which promotes scientifically discredited views about medicine and disease, and several other alternative medicine organizations.[7]

Mercola's medical claims have been criticized by the medical, scientific, regulatory, and business communities. A 2006 BusinessWeek editorial stated his marketing practices relied on "slick promotion, clever use of information, and scare tactics."[4] In 2005, 2006, and 2011, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration warned Mercola and his company that they were making illegal claims for their products' ability to detect, prevent, and treat disease.[8] The medical watchdog site Quackwatch has criticized Mercola for making "unsubstantiated claims [that] clash with those of leading medical and public health organizations and many unsubstantiated recommendations for dietary supplements."[9] Of Mercola's marketing techniques, surgical oncologist David Gorski says it "mixes the boring, sensible health advice with pseudoscientific advice in such a way that it’s hard for someone without a medical background to figure out which is which."[6]

Vaccinations
    Mercola has been highly critical of vaccines and vaccination policy, claiming that too many vaccines are given too soon during infancy. He hosts anti-vaccination activists on his website, advocates other measures rather than vaccination in many cases such as using vitamin D rather than a flu shot despite the data not being conclusive[6][23] and strongly criticizes influenza vaccines. Mercola is viewed by many as an anti-vaccine propagandist.[24] As of 2019, he has donated at least $4 million to anti-vaccine groups though his Natural Health Research Foundation, including more than $2.9 million to the anti-vaccination group the National Vaccine Information Center, amounting to about 40 percent of that organization's funding.[6] He co-funded an anti-vaccination ad in Times Square in 2011.[24]

Mercola has asserted that thimerosal, a vaccine preservative, is harmful due to its mercury content.[25] Thimerosal has been removed from most vaccines given to young children in the U.S., with no effect on rates of autism diagnosis.[26][27] Extensive evidence has accumulated since 1999 showing that this preservative is safe,[28] with the World Health Organization stating in 2006 that "there is no evidence of toxicity in infants, children or adults exposed to thimerosal in vaccines."[28][29]

In March 2021, an analysis of Twitter and Facebook anti-vaccine content found Mercola's to be one of 12 individual and organization accounts producing up to 65% of all anti-vaccine content on the platforms.[30] As of June 2021, his various social media channels accounted for a total audience exceeding 4.1 million followers.[31]

COVID-19
    See also: Misinformation related to the COVID-19 pandemic
    In 2020, Mercola was one of the partners in a website called "Stop Covid Cold" offering advice to the public on preventing and treating Covid-19 with alternative remedies. The website includes links to Mercola's online store and puts a strong emphasis on vitamin D supplements, despite a lack of scientific evidence pointing to the effectiveness of such a treatment.[32][33] The website was taken down in April 2021 after the Food and Drugs Administration sent a warning letter. In May 2021, Mercola announced he would remove mentions of COVID-19 from his websites, blaming Bill Gates and "big pharma".[31][34]

Mercola claimed that inhaling 0.5–3% hydrogen peroxide solution using a nebulizer could prevent or cure COVID-19.[35][36] A tweet from Mercola advertising this method was removed from Twitter on April 15, 2020, for violating the platform rules,[36] but he continued to make these claims on other platforms, including during a speech at a major conference of anti-vaccination activists in October.[32]

He was warned by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in February 2021 for selling fake COVID-19 cures.[37][38]
    hope that clears things up?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

J&J to get a warning label for Guillain–Barré syndrome (aka really bad shit). Looks like perhaps the death knell for J&J's vaccine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f-...edgdhp&pc=U531
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Mercola is a known bad actor. He may be the #1 source of antivax info on social media.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    J&J to get a warning label for Guillain–Barré syndrome (aka really bad shit). Looks like perhaps the death knell for J&J's vaccine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/f-...edgdhp&pc=U531
    Doesn't the flu vax also have this warning? I know whenever I get a flu shot I have to fill out a questionnaire and one of the questions has to do with ever having Guillain-Barre.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Never. Anti vax won’t wear masks.

The assumption is you have health issues. Don’t worry about what other people think.
    This occurred to me shortly after posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Mercola is a known bad actor. He may be the #1 source of antivax info on social media.
    My anti-vaxxer friend loves Mercola
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

In this town, masked and under 30 generally means not vaxed, but not an anti-vaxxer (who could also be described as anti-masker)

Mask usage in places like the supermarket and HD/Lowes is 20% or less at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post

Mask usage in places like the supermarket and HD/Lowes is 20% or less at this point.
    East Tennessee is probably closer to 3% mask wearers at this point.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Never. Anti vax won’t wear masks.

The assumption is you have health issues. Don’t worry about what other people think.
    If so then the assumption must also be that people with health issues want to discuss them with any random who knows it's not "that bad" if you just take vitamin D.
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    In this town, masked and under 30 generally means not vaxed, but not an anti-vaxxer (who could also be described as anti-masker)

in this town the young were vaxed apres the old folks but our mayor FB'd that 69% of people over 12 have at least 1 vax which is pretty good but this is a pretty progressive town

except of course for all the god heads
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Went to the doctors today for a follow up visit. They took down all their signage requiring masks. Glass doors so I could see into the lobby and check in. Everyone inside was wearing a mask, visitors and employees. I put one on and went in.

Really the first time in a few weeks that I’ve worn a mask. New cases in VT are under 10 a day. Chittenden County, home of Burlington, has the majority of the cases at 35 in the last two weeks. That’s to be expected with the 20-30 year old crowd all back partying at the bars. I’m pretty much embracing Benny’s philosophy, they’ve had plenty of time to get vaxxed so screw them if they don’t and they get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    East Tennessee is probably closer to 3% mask wearers at this point.
    Same with VT. Probably for different reasons. Even lower in NH. Stayed in a MA border town over the weekend for a basketball tournament in NH. MA much more recently relaxed their rules and NH, well, Live Free and Die of COVID-19. So it was weird bouncing back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Went to the doctors today for a follow up visit. They took down all their signage requiring masks. Glass doors so I could see into the lobby and check in. Everyone inside was wearing a mask, visitors and employees. I put one on and went in.

Really the first time in a few weeks that I’ve worn a mask. New cases in VT are under 10 a day. Chittenden County, home of Burlington, has the majority of the cases at 35 in the last two weeks. That’s to be expected with the 20-30 year old crowd all back partying at the bars. I’m pretty much embracing Benny’s philosophy, they’ve had plenty of time to get vaxxed so screw them if they don’t and they get sick.
    My doctor and hospital up here have signs up still. I had to go in for an MRI today. Mask up and shut up. They must have detected that the 5G isn't working for me and so the MRI was probably to activate it.

Macron announced that for all practical purposes everyone in France had to be vaccinated, at least if they want to go to concerts, bars, restaurants, etc.

Great move

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Macron announced that for all practical purposes everyone in France had to be vaccinated, at least if they want to go to concerts, bars, restaurants, etc.

Great move

How about ski resorts?

A good friend just tested positive and has been moderately sick for a few days. He also lost taste and smell.

He was vaxed with J&J long ago, and had to argue hard to get the urgent care place to test him. I did J&J too bc it was available sooner, but now I'm kind of wishing I'd waited for the 2-shot regimen.

I've gone back to wearing a mask as I don't trust the Trumpers around here to be vaxed or careful.
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    How about ski resorts?
    No news, but I'm sure they will open, unless they are back to 10,000 new cases a day.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    A good friend just tested positive and has been moderately sick for a few days. He also lost taste and smell.

He was vaxed with J&J long ago, and had to argue hard to get the urgent care place to test him. I did J&J too bc it was available sooner, but now I'm kind of wishing I'd waited for the 2-shot regimen.

I've gone back to wearing a mask as I don't trust the Trumpers around here to be vaxed or careful.
    Why don’t you go get a shot of Pfizer or Moderna ? Nobody checks. Just show up at a mass van clinic and get jabbed. Plenty of Canooks are mixing up shots and not having problems.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Why don’t you go get a shot of Pfizer or Moderna ? Nobody checks. Just show up at a mass van clinic and get jabbed. Plenty of Canooks are mixing up shots and not having problems.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    While we are mixing up shots, nobody in Canada has received J&J and then something else. Actually I don't even think anyone has gotten J&J at all up here since it turned out we didn't need it. Enough AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna to vaccinate everyone 4 times when all is said and done.

In Canada, we've done:

AZ + 1 of Pfizer or Moderna
    1 of Pfizer and 1 of Moderna
    2 AZ
    2 Pfizer
    2 Moderna

I doubt that anything negative would happen if you took a J&J in there as well since they all essentially do the same thing, but to say it'd be fine cause Canada is doing it isn't really all that accurate.

Full disclosure I want to travel the world and collect ALL the vaccines and try to become the Most Vaccinated Person On Earth™ so I do say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    While we are mixing up shots, nobody in Canada has received J&J and then something else. Actually I don't even think anyone has gotten J&J at all up here since it turned out we didn't need it. Enough AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna to vaccinate everyone 4 times when all is said and done.

In Canada, we've done:

AZ + 1 of Pfizer or Moderna
    1 of Pfizer and 1 of Moderna
    2 AZ
    2 Pfizer
    2 Moderna

I doubt that anything negative would happen if you took a J&J in there as well since they all essentially do the same thing, but to say it'd be fine cause Canada is doing it isn't really all that accurate.

Full disclosure I want to travel the world and collect ALL the vaccines and try to become the Most Vaccinated Person On Earth™ so I do say go for it.
    Splat is ahead already.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Splat is ahead already.
    Yes. He. Is.

So now there aren't breakthrough cases? You're the first to postulate that but you and Splat are known for being on the leading edge.
    Last edited by Deebased; 07-13-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Plus by mixing up the various vaccines you will confuse Bill Gates 5G tracking chip, enabling you to evade The Deep State.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    So now there aren't breakthrough cases? You're the first to postulate that but you and Splat are known for being on the leading edge.
    Yes, she wrote that Reuters article you disingenuous dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Mega View Post
    Yes, she wrote that Reuters article you disingenuous dick.
    You disagree that every time a virus or cell replicates that it introduces the possibility of mutation?