Page 33 of 122 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
    Those 600K didnt just die , somebody had to fuck up

keeping the fuck ups down there will happen for a bit more
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

My point is that we're talking about a virus here. What happened in the past isn't really relevant. What matters now is the current case count and how many people have immunity. The U.S. still has more active cases per capita than Canada, but not by a whole lot. We've got more people vaccinated, but Canada is catching up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

Not to burst everyones bubble, but the US and Canada will never reach herd immunity using the loaded metric, let alone a real population metric that includes 12 and under humans.
    The kiddies are less at risk of overwhelming the health care system if they catch it and if the adults are vaxxed, they are also less at risk of getting hospitalized from getting covid from 12 y olds.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Judging by the reference to Trump and the Carrier jobs, that article is from 2017,

Just got my second shot.

Walked in two minutes before my appointment. Sexxy nurse #1 (redhead) took my name and checked it off the list. I was asked to sit down. Once my butt hits the seat, my name is called. Sexxxy nurse #2 (brunette) asks me to sit down on the plush leather and asks me what I prefer. Unfortunately, it's not RN 1 or 2, she means which arm. Left, I guess. She gives me my jab and shows me to the waiting room, and fetches me a glass of water. I can chill there as long as I like, but I have to get back on here to let you all know about the sexxxy nurses so I polish off the glass and leave.

On my way home, my partner lets me know that the nutritionist is on their way over to do a fucking housecall. And people say the healthcare system here sucks. In NY I would still be putting my name on the nth copy of some useless form hoping I didn't get a bill for $1200 down the road, that would invariably get sent to a past address and turned over to collections.

God save the Queen and the sexxxy nurse regime!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Judging by the reference to Trump and the Carrier jobs, that article is from 2017,
    ETA: do you think the tourism numbers picked up between 2018 and the pandemic?

https://theconversation.com/tourism-...-fiction-92254

His point was the USA suffers from an image problem due to the pandemic, while clearly it predates that (linked article has a snappy chart)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    My point is that we're talking about a virus here. What happened in the past isn't really relevant. What matters now is the current case count and how many people have immunity. The U.S. still has more active cases per capita than Canada, but not by a whole lot. We've got more people vaccinated, but Canada is catching up quickly.
    and yer gona get passed due to covid deniers & anti vaxers who are people we don't trust along with the rugged individualists exercising their freedums

you sound like my buddy complaining about how his ex wife was always bring up some thing that happened 2 years prior,

so what if he had slept with another woman ?

again

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    According to the NYT article Canada's 2 shot vaccination rate is 19%. Given that it makes sense to keep delta out of Canada. I had no luck trying to figure out the prevalence of Delta in the US and Canada--so dependent on how much sequencing is done among other things. If Canada has a significantly lower percentage of delta than the US (or visa versa) it makes sense to keep the border closed.
    Delta is on the rise everywhere Canada included, per a 1 click google it accounts for 31% of cases in BC and 42% in Ontario, vs. 26% in the US. Delta (and Gamma) gunning down Alpha.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...nada-1.5490578

On this side of the border my state is now 68% vaxxed 12+, my hood >85%. Why would we want to go to CA where the vax rates are sooo much lower?

SUCK IT CANADA!!!
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you sound like my buddy complaining about how his ex wife was always bring up some thing that happened 2 years prior,

so what if he had slept with another woman ?

again
    Try again with an actual apples to apples comparison.

I don't get some of the angst about being told to stay out. Every country can do whatever the fuck they want when it comes to allowing others in the country. Yurp is opening, so go there if the travel bug is biting your ass. Until there are verifiable vaccination records available, I agree in not letting people in. I am surprised countries do so just to get tourist $$$, especially in light of the Delta variant.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I don't get some of the angst about being told to stay out. Every country can do whatever the fuck they want when it comes to allowing others in the country. Yurp is opening, so go there if the travel bug is biting your ass.
    Consider that many of us live an hour or two from the border and used to drive to Canada frequently. With a Nexus card we usually had to stop at the border for a couple cars wait then we were on our way. The angst is not being able to do something that we took for granted previously. It's a bit different than flying to Europe.

I think there is more to this Covid story to come and keeping borders closed may be a smart thing to do when your neighbors are often anti vaxing dumb fucks. Sorry for the inconvenience
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.

The angst is not being able to do something that we took for granted previously.
    Exactly. And this is something that is a part of the cultural export of the US for many years, the assumption that by waving a couple greenbacks you can get 99% of what you want from the world, and the other 1% you can just take. But now the ugly underbelly of the US has been exposed by the previous admin, with more than twice the population of Canada actually voting to keep that asshole in office, with a similar demographic being completely moronic about their approach to dealing with this pandemic. Maybe it would be advisable to take that pent up energy you wish to expend here, both money and effort, and instead of trying to regain false entitlements, you use them to clean your house a bit. Just a thought.

Not trying to throw stones here - we have been forced to face some of our own past demons in recent weeks, but until the science advisors to our leaders indicate opening the border is an acceptable risk, you are not likely to sway us with emotional pleas based on entitlement. Even here, most vote with their heart rather than their head, and no governing politician in their right mind is going to jeopardize their seat to allow you to get your rocks off in our wonderful front and backcountry if that is giving the locals the heebyjeebies.

See what you did now? You got me ignoring my own advise. The heat must be getting to me.

you could just call in an airstrike ?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    you could just call in an airstrike ?
    choking on my DIPA, thanks

Its funny how so many in here dont get it, especially with the reasons being pretty much in their posts. Major whoosh factor happening

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Maybe it would be advisable to take that pent up energy you wish to expend here, both money and effort, and instead of trying to regain false entitlements, you use them to clean your house a bit. Just a thought.
    Do you think many of us haven't tried? What exactly are we supposed to do that we haven't already done? These morans are pretty much impervious to reason.

By the way, that free border crossing entitlement cut both ways. Canadians and American were both equally accustomed to crossing the border at will. The only difference now is that Canadians can (if willing to quarantine on return to Canada) and Americans cannot. I don't think you guys quite appreciate that who are on the winning side of that equation.

I guess we trust them to do the right thing more than they trust the USA? Hmmmm...

Do you think many of us haven't tried? What exactly are we supposed to do that we haven't already done? These morans are pretty much impervious to reason.
    If reason won't work, then treat em like any other banana republic the US wishes to influence - send in the spooks and get them to eat themselves from the inside out.

By the way, that free border crossing entitlement cut both ways. Canadians and American were both equally accustomed to crossing the border at will. The only difference now is that Canadians can (if willing to quarantine on return to Canada) and Americans cannot.
    Well, that's just you reaping what you sow with those cultural exports I get it however, I have relatives in the lower mainland that are exactly that kind of Canuck you are pointing at saying 'It's not fair - they are getting the privilege we are not!'. I don't get along so well with them either, especially when I call them on their duplicitous bullshit.

A lot of latent (or not) resentment toward the U.S. coming out in this thread. It seems a little unfairly ugly if you ask me.

Gee i wonder why?.....

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

I think a few of us are having fun at your expense. Don't take it personally. Patience Grasshopper, by August/September we will hopefully be able to travel to Canada again.

well 33 pages of taking the piss out has been kinda fun eH

Every American in this thread has simply been living their life and trying to get by in the last year and half just like the Canadians have. I'll bet we're all vaccinated, too. We'd like to get back to normalcy.

Every American in this thread has simply been living their life and trying to get by in the last year and half just like the Canadians have. I'll bet we're all vaccinated, too. We'd like to get back to normalcy.
    Right, but we are guilty by association with the fucking retards in this country. It is amazing the World still talks to us after the shit show the USA has put on, so ya, be patient, it will happen.

Do you think many of us haven't tried? What exactly are we supposed to do that we haven't already....
    Understood. That makes it even worse. We don't trust you (the collective "you"). I bet the rest of the world also doesn't trust the collective you.

As far as I can see, you're another casual gerrymander from electing another fascist leader.