Page 40 of 265 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 6620
    She's probably out touring 30 to 40 days a season
    That is a Keeper.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot or Fox View Post
    That is a Keeper.
    Which is why I married her fast, before she realized the same couldn't be said of me

Multiple pairs of pants and jackets have apparently been sold or consigned today. Profits will be offset by a speeding ticket collected somewhere along the way to the store. Profits will be then be erased with a new pair of AT boots to replace hers which have been declared to have "shitty tongues and fiddly buckles". Tongues weren't shitty last year, go figure... Probably my fault since when she complained that both were cracked I replaced them with a new stiffer model. Should have known better... At least I talked her out of the Hoji which would have required a crampon upgrade.

I really have no room to complain, she makes over 1.5 times what I make and is infinitely less annoying than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I really have no room to complain, she makes over 1.5 times what I make and is infinitely less annoying than I am.
    And is 'Merican.

Which is why I married her fast, before she realized the same couldn't be said of me
    WTF are you doing posting in this thread????
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

She's constantly tinkering with her layering and ends up spending pretty little compared to what you'd expect since most of the items are bought on the cheap and resold barely used. This particular pile is getting larger than usual, probably lots of summer purchases that are now being looked at carefully. It boggles my mind but as I said, I own one pair of pants, one shell, and one puffy... I tend to think that being a bit cold/wet/hot/sweaty/whatever is to be expected when touring but she's convinced there's an ideal combo out there and she's determined to find it.
    She's probably out touring 30 to 40 days a season and is a lot more interested in dialing the perfect setup than I am.
    So you have a wife who makes more than you, who loves gear and skiing and you’re bitching about it? What I’d give to have your problems.

And the rest of you hypocrites with 15 pairs of skis criticizing Mrs Boissal’s gear collection...

She's constantly tinkering with her layering and ends up spending pretty little compared to what you'd expect since most of the items are bought on the cheap and resold barely used. This particular pile is getting larger than usual, probably lots of summer purchases that are now being looked at carefully. It boggles my mind but as I said, I own one pair of pants, one shell, and one puffy... I tend to think that being a bit cold/wet/hot/sweaty/whatever is to be expected when touring but she's convinced there's an ideal combo out there and she's determined to find it.
    She's probably out touring 30 to 40 days a season and is a lot more interested in dialing the perfect setup than I am.
    I admire her determination. At least it's not on my CC. Who am I kidding, I bought my wife a kiln for her pottery studio.

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Well, we know that you like teal, aquamarines, Light blues, and softer greens.

How do you feel about Cornflower?
    haha yep those were my colors the past few yrs- good mammory
    Got some dope pink bibs this yr though! my green pants were toasted

But I also am just picking on boissal bc my husband literally has a Clueless level closet of ski clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    all you gota know is that black is a slimming color
    If I wore all black then skiing with my fav Djongo and I would look silly/ matchy matchy

some of my best friends are gear whores
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    And is 'Merican.
    That helped for sure

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    WTF are you doing posting in this thread????
    Dunno, being a huge hypocrite? I'm not going to stop complaining just because I have no ground to stand on, being a whiny twat is my Jeebus-given right!

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    some of my best friends are gear whores
    Funny thing is she is very selective about what gear she's interested in. She'll spend a couple hours comparing potential jackets with minor differences or agonizing over her backpacking stuff but she didn't notice when I changed the entire drivetrain on her bike this fall. She's probably never put air in her tires and could run her suspension at 80% sag without blinking but she just showed me a spreadsheet comparing 20 different criteria for the new AT boots she's considering. She refuses to use a grigri to belay but has explored every known alternative out there.
    I suspect there's a logic behind the madness but I'm too dumb to see it.

being a whiny twat is my Jeebus-given right!
    Padded Room's new motto?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    You lose man points just for knowing that's a real color (if it actually is, if not, carry on).
    Come on, that's a color in the big Crayola 64 crayon box--or at least it was when I was a kid. And it's definitely a shade of blue, not green.

be happy cuz thats nothing ^^ compared to Sharons collection of Acrterxy and Lee never complains
    He doesn’t complain because he likes to wear her stuff when she’s bored with it. Look closely at his photos. He’s wearing women’s clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Come on, that's a color in the big Crayola 64 crayon box--or at least it was when I was a kid. And it's definitely a shade of blue, not green.
    What does it taste like?

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Somehow my wife just locked her keys in her car....both of them.

I woulda thought the key rack just inside the front door of the coupled with a constant reminder of “can you put one of the keys on the key rack just inside the front door” would have been sufficient. ��♂️

Maybe I secretly need to make a third key and hide it in my dresser?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Bumping myself b/c I AM A FUCKING MORON!!!!

Wife left for work conference in Denver and took both her car keys in her backpack...which she also took to Denver. I need to use her car, but I STILL haven't purchased that third key!

I AM A FUCKING MORON!!!
    Last edited by smartyiak; 01-22-2020 at 01:31 PM.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Wife left for work conference in Denver and took left her car keys in her backpack...which she also took to Denver. I need to use her car, but I STILL haven't purchased that third key!

I AM A FUCKING MORON!!!
    The first step is admitting you have a problem...

Wife left for work conference in Denver and took left her car keys in her backpack...which she also took to Denver. I need to use her car, but I STILL haven't purchased that third key!

I AM A FUCKING MORON!!!
    I'm enjoying this post when put in combination with your tagline...

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    He doesn’t complain because he likes to wear her stuff when she’s bored with it. Look closely at his photos. He’s wearing women’s clothes.
    I finished last season with a pair of Dynafit pants Ms Boissal wasn't using. Good thing she had grumbled that they were too big for her, I'd be dead if she found out I fit in the same size pants as she does.

Do women's ski pants have pockets as useless as normal women's pants? I remember being pissed about that when I wore a pair of women's pants. I was drunk and couldn't find mine, so I was already annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    something Racey going on here or is Lee just cheap ?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

something Racey going on here or is Lee just cheap ?
    Cheap AF, thankfully.

I love my wife and all, but Jesus Hercules Christ...

My wife is constantly asking me questions that she apparently doesn’t care what I answer.

Her: “Should we do x today?”

Me: “Ok, sounds fun”

Her: “No, let’s do Y instead”

Her: “how about the Chinese restaurant?”

Me : “ yeah, sounds great”

Her : “no, I don’t want Chinese, I’d rather have Italian”

WTF?

It’s like she doesn’t care what my actual opinion is and just wants to have me stake an opinion that she can then decide to go against.

I keep telling her “why are you asking me questions that you don’t actually care what my answer is?”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 12-06-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

My wife used to do that all the time-set me up for arguments.
    It took a while but now I just tell her "Homey don't play that" and let her make the call.

Word to the wise. Don’t use this phrase or a similar phrase even if you are joking when you have a moment with your wife that fits in this thread.

“you can keep talking but I will not be listening”

That didn’t go over well for me last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Put it is funny to hear you say. Thanks. After a real long time with my girl, I have learned not to reply half the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    My wife is constantly asking me questions that she apparently doesn’t care what I answer.

Her: “Should we do x today?”

Me: “Ok, sounds fun”

Her: “No, let’s do Y instead”

Her: “how about the Chinese restaurant?”

Me : “ yeah, sounds great”

Her : “no, I don’t want Chinese, I’d rather have Italian”

WTF?

It’s like she doesn’t care what my actual opinion is and just wants to have me stake an opinion that she can then decide to go against.

I keep telling her “why are you asking me questions that you don’t actually care what my answer is?”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That convo as described is you having NO opinion and only a "yes dear", and the Mrs getting frustrated from having to suggest the plan.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    My wife has a sticker on her helmet that says "Does my ass make my skis look fat?"
    That was a good laugh... thank you.