Page 22 of 107 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    That sounds retarded, saying that shiffrin is not a natural athlete.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using TGR Forums mobile app

I realize part of this is just looking to throw virtual food at what was clearly, as regards her, a compliment.

Numbers don't lie. In her case, phenom for alpine ski racing, but not a great natural athlete. Not even naturally great at stability work. Great ski racer before she could crank a single unassisted pullup. Very good aerobic capacity, otherwise not exceptional for most raw numbers. The compliment is that she got to where she is through hard work and, also, through the good fortune of having parents who created a great environment for learning to ski.

One of many elite ski racers who weren't necessarily great natural athletes. Again, not a knock.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I bet she couldn’t make it down a mogul field at STOWE! Needs to work on her dolphin turns.
    Nice to see more bagging on ski areas. She actually spent a significant part of her development on hills that are not too impressive. Just like Vonn grew up early on not too big a hill.

Thought you weren't into slamming ski areas? LMFAO.

Shiffrin

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofSeasonsPast View Post
    Nice to see more bagging on ski areas. She actually spent a significant part of her development on hills that are not too impressive. Just like Vonn grew up early on not too big a hill.

Are you dense? Again, you clearly don’t understand the backstory and what I’m referring to, so I’d suggest pulling up your panties and STFU jong.

Damn this place has gone soft...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

To add to TahoeJ's comment, we are not bagging on any ski area dumbass. We are bagging on a douchebag ski instructor at Stowe named Josh Matta. AKA Bushwacka, and BushwackerinPA. He's a hack who feels qualified to critique the form of the best female skier in the world. Search and find his dolphin turn and falling leaf videos.

So, maybe next time spend a little time getting to know this place before sticking your three week old JONG nose in shit you do not understand.

Good efficient effective mechanics apply whether you're World Cup racing, pounding bumps, powder or icy groomed or doing demos in a PsIA clinic. More or less pressure control, edging or steering depending on conditions or where you're going and you ski with less effort and look good doing it. Which are both the same thing.

Really good instructors and coaches can work with a skier to get them to improve. Key word being good.

Most of y'all are backseat pivoting scraping wankers who can't carve a turn even if you could afford to buy one.

Love this one. Another great thing about she and Vonn is that neither are really great all-round "natural" athletes, witness Shiffrin's tramp work. (Shiffrin probably is more of an all-rounder than Vonn.) They got there with really hard work, even for subtle things like Shiffrin working to crank a pullup.

Are y'all getting trolled?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    There is an objective boot alignment issue here.

And add another one to the tally sheet

They switched up and ran the slalom in Lienz today instead of GS.

MS only won the first run by 1.14

Flying over STAT to work on her equipment issues and alignment problems before the GS...hope I'm not too late.

Bringing over a bunch of organic foods to bring out the natural athlete in her.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    They switched up and ran the slalom in Lienz today instead of GS.

MS only won the first run by 1.14

Flying over STAT to work on her equipment issues and alignment problems before the GS...hope I'm not too late.

Bringing over a bunch of organic foods to bring out the natural athlete in her.
    Ask her how easy those pullups came, when you're over there helping out.

This is so funny here to see people, especially certified instructors, point out Shiffrin's "flaws."

This is such bullshit.

Shiffrin has upped the level of technical proficiency on the ladies side so that all the top women are skiing better than they were even two years ago.

If she is so flawed, why does she win so much? Why does she rarely ski out? Why does she always turn well above the gates on what are exceedingly difficult course sets.

Spare me the fucking ES-style giz-ladden ignorance about ski technique.

Sent from my SM-G930T using TGR Forums mobile app

Wins again....by .89. BEAST
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

After they spend another couple of years denouncing how she skis, they will begin to teach what she does.

Quote Originally Posted by charles martel View Post
    This is so funny here to see people, especially certified instructors, point out Shiffrin's "flaws."

This is such bullshit.

Shiffrin has upped the level of technical proficiency on the ladies side so that all the top women are skiing better than they were even two years ago.

If she is so flawed, why does she win so much? Why does she rarely ski out? Why does she always turn well above the gates on what are exceedingly difficult course sets.

Spare me the fucking ES-style giz-ladden ignorance about ski technique.

Hey look, I sort of started this by saying the lifted inside ski had to be giving the ski instructors fits.

I didn't, and don't, mean that it is a flaw in her technique.

A ski instructor piped in to say that the lifted inside ski was a lot better than too much weight on the inside ski. And then made some boot setup recommendations. Whatever history some people have, I didn't see anyone making technique criticisms. To be clear, neither was I criticizing her work ethic or conditioning at all, quite the contrary. Saying someone has succeeded through hard work truly is normally a compliment.

Hey look, I sort of started this by saying the lifted inside ski had to be giving the ski instructors fits.

I didn't, and don't, mean that it is a flaw in her technique.

A ski instructor piped in to say that the lifted inside ski was a lot better than too much weight on the inside ski. And then made some boot setup recommendations. Whatever history some people have, I didn't see anyone making technique criticisms. To be clear, neither was I criticizing her work ethic or conditioning at all, quite the contrary. Saying someone has succeeded through hard work truly is normally a compliment.
    You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Either that or GSP doesn't get sarcasm and is a whiny bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Damn she's good.

I didn't watch the race, what happened to Vlhova?

I've also heard Shiffrin can't ski powder. Something to do with her balance problems. Someone who is a boot doctor needs to get a hold of her. I'm sure tweeting or facebook are viable options. The Olympics are coming up, and if she's not dialed in by then, she's not winning any medals!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Either that or GSP doesn't get sarcasm and is a whiny bitch.
    pudwhackinpa's alias

Maybe y'all can give some pointers to Steph Curry, Lebron, Tom Brady, Von Miller, Altuve, Kershaw etc while you are at it. I'm sure a bunch of you played these sports at a highschool or college level so you are a little overqualified.

Quote Originally Posted by snojones View Post
    After they spend another couple of years denouncing how she skis, they will begin to teach what she does.
    Hopefully at some point, this does happen. Past history suggests otherwise. The industry as a whole would benefit a lot if they did what you are saying and more people stuck with the sport.

Just trying to get this back on track, enough nonsense. From today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2235830-46615390-2560-1440.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	169.6 KB 
ID:	219952

Whomever crosses the finish line, without error, first, wins

If only she were as athletic as me, maybe she would win more than almost always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    If only she were as athletic as me, maybe she would win more than almost always.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    there it is
    Own your fail. ~Jer~