Page 49 of 247 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 6154
    looking for it, i might contribute the the Yeti one as well, i gotta spill the piss & vinegar i woke up with this fine friday morning ;-)
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 06-14-2019 at 01:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Group rides on popular trails near town. On a Thursday evening.

I have done groups rides in the past and usually they are kind of a pain in the chamois.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

I have done groups rides in the past and usually they are kind of a pain in the chamois.
    Ahh, gotta love group logistics/heuristics. I've kinda quit doing group rides because of that. I just want to fucking ride at my pace and decide where I want to go without having to stop at each trail intersection to discuss what trail everyone feels comfortable with.

Or group trail runs. When I was living in Bozeman I showed up to South Cottonwood trailhead after work one day to be informed by a man at a fold-out table that "40 or so" trail runners would be arriving in 30 minutes. WTF.
    It sucks to suck.

You think group rides are bad? Try Utah NICA. There are two "regions" that race at Snowbasin in the fall and each region includes 1000 racers. So 2000 high schoolers who are local to Snowbasin that spend all summer training for the race, and they all bring parents, siblings and coaches. So all summer long now you have these groups of riders that are anywhere from 20 to 50 strong that don't yield either direction (so you pull over and wait 10 minutes for the herd to pass), ride around every feature in the trail that may require skill and stop as a group in the most random places, on the trail.

Going for a ride after work on any given week night there will be at least 3 of these groups to contend with. Seems untenable, but I've found that saying anything to the groups that matter or looking for solutions is akin to racism.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You think group rides are bad? Try Utah NICA. There are two "regions" that race at Snowbasin in the fall and each region includes 1000 racers. So 2000 high schoolers who are local to Snowbasin that spend all summer training for the race, and they all bring parents, siblings and coaches. So all summer long now you have these groups of riders that are anywhere from 20 to 50 strong that don't yield either direction (so you pull over and wait 10 minutes for the herd to pass), ride around every feature in the trail that may require skill and stop as a group in the most random places, on the trail.

Going for a ride after work on any given week night there will be at least 3 of these groups to contend with. Seems untenable, but I've found that saying anything to the groups that matter or looking for solutions is akin to racism.
    Same bullshit down in Corner Canyon. The kids are little assholes too, but god forbid you call them out. According to the coaches and parents, those bastards are angels, nevermind the fact that they can't spell yield and I could walk the trails stepping from gu packet to gu packet without even touching the ground.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

.......and I thought I was the only one who despises large group rides. Keep groups to 5 or less or else you're clogging up the trail and fucking it up for everyone you encounter.

I fully support NICA and the local kids racing clubs. Specifically, I support their decision to train at the places I don't typically ride.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

How have dropper posts still not been 100% figured out? Should be as easy as installing a spring in the damn post with a ratchet system that has a cable activated trigger on the handlebars. Instead, theyve made these crazy complicated posts that need to be bled, or maintained all the time, and are just too finicky and expensive for a part that should be so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    How have dropper posts still not been 100% figured out? Should be as easy as installing a spring in the damn post with a ratchet system that has a cable activated trigger on the handlebars. Instead, theyve made these crazy complicated posts that need to be bled, or maintained all the time, and are just too finicky and expensive for a part that should be so simple.
    You should buy a gravity dropper.

Brand X posts are currently $110 with a 2-year warranty. I ran one for two years with no issues. New (used) bike came with an Aeffect, which is basically the same post but costs more because it has a RF logo on it, that has had zero issues so far.

...... or just about any non-reverb

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    Pretty much it seems. Though they have a reputation for going bad, the kiddo's Lev Integra is also coming up on two years without problems.

Oddly, the reverb i ran for 3 years without any maintenance was fine. Current RF dropper just shit the bed. Im more just bitching about how goddamn complicated these things are when the concept makes it seem like the build should be super simple. You should never have to "rebuild" or "service". Its should just be a damn spring, and a cable actuated ratchet system to release the post to move up or down, and then lock it in place. It doesnt need to have great modulation or have high performance... it just needs to do three things: go up, be pressed down, and lock in fucking place.

Its should just be a damn spring, and a cable actuated ratchet system to release the post to move up or down, and then lock it in place.
    As toast said, that's a Gravity Dropper.

Oddly, the reverb i ran for 3 years without any maintenance was fine. Current RF dropper just shit the bed. Im more just bitching about how goddamn complicated these things are when the concept makes it seem like the build should be super simple. You should never have to "rebuild" or "service". Its should just be a damn spring, and a cable actuated ratchet system to release the post to move up or down, and then lock it in place. It doesnt need to have great modulation or have high performance... it just needs to do three things: go up, be pressed down, and lock in fucking place.
    I just rebuilt a Reverb and did a lot of research. Basically the Reverb and Race face are the two that even online retailers say, we carry it but don't buy it. I think they wouldn't exists without new bike sales.

I bought a PNW, and still have the Reverb on a kids bike. The Brand X Dan mentioned above is still going strong one of the kids bikes as well. At it's price point you could basically replace it whenever the warranty is up and it would be less than the shops charge to service a Reverb.

It's a double edged sword. Once you've ridden with a dropper, you find it hard to not have that luxury, but they are not bomber like a Thompson seat post that will last through multiple bikes.

After listing the crank spec on the Clash 24 as X1-1000 for the last 6 months (including pics), Commencal just changed it to X1-1000 Eagle. The former is 94 BCD, the latter is direct mount, and I already bought 94 BCD AB oval ring for it. Fuckers.

Anyone want a brand new 94 BCD oval ring cheap? $30
    Last edited by Dantheman; 06-20-2019 at 03:05 PM.

If it’s the generation of RF that used a rebranded 9point8, I so totally feel your pain. I’ve never despised a post so much.

Once you've ridden with a dropper, you find it hard to not have that luxury,

Not in the least.

I have had a Reverb on my Pivot for 4 years now. Bought used from a buddy who had it warrantied. Maybe it is because I so rarely use the damn thing but it has not failed me yet. When it does I have a nice Thompson Post waiting to take its place and I predict I will never miss it.

When it does I have a nice Thompson Post waiting to take its place and I predict I will never miss it.
    You're dead to me.

I am with Not bunion. I ride with a group that all have them. When you ask them how much they really use it maybe once or twice a ride. I ride everything they do and do not have one. Adds weight, more maintenance, and clutters up the handle bars. To each his own but I do not ride any super, rad, techy stuff that I feel I would have to have one. Nor do I believe that 90% of the riders do either. Now the bikes are being designed to have super droppers, go figure!

P.s. I also like front derailleurs!

That’s retarded.
    I wound put a dropper on a road bike. A beach cruiser. A penny farthing.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane

Yeah, never got the group ride thing at all. Kinda like skiing with more than one other person. Group of 4 is ok skiing if everyone is fast/same speed.

Riding bikes with 10 people? No fucking thanks.

That’s retarded.
    I wound put a dropper on a road bike. A beach cruiser. A penny farthing.

Yup. I'll take a hardtail with a dropper before a fully without. I'm a bit of a hack though.

I have no idea how people ride without dropper posts. On some trails, I use it more than my shifter.