Page 691 of 729 FirstFirst ... 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 ... LastLast
Results 17,251 to 17,275 of 18222
    Money Market vs JEPI?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

What sites are you using to track investments, get news, make decisions? Subscription or not.

I'm cheap, but now actively retired and want to use my time to ensure I'm more engaged with my 401k and IRA options. I've been a buy and hold guy on the current funds available to me and will likely continue to be, but I want to ensure that I stay active and monitoring. A good use of my time.

I started looking and see subscriptions like WSJ (bundled with Barrons and Marketwatch) for $1/$2 a week. Seeking Alpha at $240 a year. CNBC pro or the Kramer thing for $500 (I think).

Again, primarily seeking news, education and ability to monitor with the main reason of staying engaged.

nice big jump for RYCEY today. hopefully they can get that dividend flowing again soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    What sites are you using to track investments, get news, make decisions? Subscription or not.

I'm cheap, but now actively retired and want to use my time to ensure I'm more engaged with my 401k and IRA options. I've been a buy and hold guy on the current funds available to me and will likely continue to be, but I want to ensure that I stay active and monitoring. A good use of my time.

I started looking and see subscriptions like WSJ (bundled with Barrons and Marketwatch) for $1/$2 a week. Seeking Alpha at $240 a year. CNBC pro or the Kramer thing for $500 (I think).

Again, primarily seeking news, education and ability to monitor with the main reason of staying engaged.
    I have a decent size portfolio, and elliot wave and zerohedge are the only sites i look at
    Most of the others are sell side influenced, so not trustworthy.

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Bloomberg has the best market news. Use your broker for a portfolio tracker but I'd guess Bloomberg has one

Quote Originally Posted by summit View Post
    Money Market vs JEPI?
    Our advisor (at Chase) had us go with a 3 month CD today instead of jepi. His thinking was to wait until the deficit showdown shakes out in June so take the ~4% and watch.

Those are totally different type of investment. Surprised the advisor didn’t say that. JEPI is a long term income product that performs well in sidewise down equity market so as an equity based choice the potential for a negative macro event makes it attractive with a 10% yield.

Rod and 4matic, thanks for the input I'll check those out.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    I have a decent size portfolio, and elliot wave and zerohedge are the only sites i look at
    Most of the others are sell side influenced, so not trustworthy.

Rod and 4matic, thanks for the input I'll check those out.
    I thought it went without saying but apparently not: Rod's portfolio infamously includes a bunch of recommendations from Russian propaganda. He can tell you how to open bank accounts to skirt sanctions, which may or may not be legal. Viewing those as sources that masquerade as contrarian investment advice in order to gain credibility for Russian Ponzi games may only be right 94% of the time, but that's probably enough.

Agree that I'll be vetting those stongly.

Here we go again. Testing bottom of bracket.

Could this be the time we bust into a lower value area?

Back in 2020 when it was free, i really liked SeekingAlpha. Each article has strong biases, but its pretty all over the place and the comment section would usually have strong counter arguments. I used it for new investment ideas to look into, not as investment advice per se... IMO you should never really take advice on individual investments, you should be gathering ideas from these sites and then use your own analysis and gut feel to invest within a general structure you laid out for yourself previously.

This is such bullshit. Whyyyyyyy can't we make money?

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    Here we go again. Testing bottom of bracket.

Could this be the time we bust into a lower value area?
    Who keeps selling? Are the whales just putting everything in to cash bonds and T-bills?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I thought it went without saying but apparently not: Rod's portfolio infamously includes a bunch of recommendations from Russian propaganda. He can tell you how to open bank accounts to skirt sanctions, which may or may not be legal. Viewing those as sources that masquerade as contrarian investment advice in order to gain credibility for Russian Ponzi games may only be right 94% of the time, but that's probably enough.
    This is such bullshit, there are no sanctions against opening an account on Russia. There are sanctions against buying Russian stocks, but i bought mine in 2021, before the war.
    I would appreciate if you stop spewing such disinformation. And obviously you don't invest much, since you think zerohedge is not a legit investment site. But go ahead and badmouth me as much as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Those are totally different type of investment. Surprised the advisor didn’t say that. JEPI is a long term income product that performs well in sidewise down equity market so as an equity based choice the potential for a negative macro event makes it attractive with a 10% yield.
    Oh they definitely did, I didn't mean to make it look like the guy focused on only one option. We were just looking for some short term stability for a chunk of cash leading into what could be a chaotic episode. I suspect that we'll park some of that cash in JEPI soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Who keeps selling? Are the whales just putting everything in to cash bonds and T-bills?
    1 yr is 5% !! Why not? Anyone one approaching retirement age not making the switch is a fool. Mkt is still sky high from 2016.

My opinion, 10 yr will see 5% soon.

High delta the treasury mkt capitulates and a good opportunity if you’re in cash. Lifetime security, first time in 2 decades. Worth the bet if you ask me.

Following zerohedge for investment advice is probably a great way to go broke or at least leave tons of money on the table. Their record speak for themselves (I used to read it years ago ten got wiser).

Edit: that said I wouldn't listen to Cramer either
    Reading Barrons doesnt hurt as it provides DATA but still need a heavy dose of skepticism when it comes to advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post
    1 yr is 5% !! Why not? Anyone one approaching retirement age not making the switch is a fool. Mkt is still sky high from 2016.

My opinion, 10 yr will see 5% soon.

High delta the treasury mkt capitulates and a good opportunity if you’re in cash. Lifetime security, first time in 2 decades. Worth the bet if you ask me.
    The "rich" are already rich....they don't need to get rich twice. $50,000 state tax free per $1M can't be beat unless our "leaders" destroy the dollar and the treasury...and if that happens owning TSLA and MSFT aren't gonna help you out either.

This is such bullshit, there are no sanctions against opening an account on Russia. There are sanctions against buying Russian stocks, but i bought mine in 2021, before the war.
    I would appreciate if you stop spewing such disinformation. And obviously you don't invest much, since you think zerohedge is not a legit investment site. But go ahead and badmouth me as much as you want.
    Before the war. In 2021. Does zerohedge call it a war these days, or is it a special military operation?

I'm not saying zerohedge is never an investment site, I'm saying the vast majority of the time they're a site that helps collect and convince bag holders for Russian instruments. You've demonstrated that they're good at it.

And if you're a bag holder it makes sense you'd want to talk your book--or, better yet, talk your advisors and let them handle the close. Just human nature, I'm not badmouthing you.

Besides, everyone has their own reasons to invest. There are probably millions of lapsed Hindus hoping to experience instant karma to renew their faith. What better way than to take a minority stake in a venture controlled by an authoritarian, sovereign government?
    A woman came up to me and said "I'd like to poison your mind
    with wrong ideas that appeal to you, though I am not unkind."

If anybody has gazprom adrs, you can now open an account at gazprombank by email, then have your broker transfer the shares to them, she you will get ordinary Russian shares. Which have a great dividend.
    Ask me how i know.

And if you own other Russian adrs, you can transfer them also, but only after a trip to Moscow to identify yourself.

Again, ask me how i know.

June 2022. The craziest shit is I didn't make any edits.

Right, what i said it's that i had these Russian ADRs and i changed them into Russian ordinary shares. There are no sanctions against this. All legal.

Right, what i said it's that i had these Russian ADRs and i changed them into Russian ordinary shares. There are no sanctions against this. All legal.

And immoral as fuck. Nice work comrade.
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Quote Originally Posted by sirbumpsalot View Post
    The "rich" are already rich....they don't need to get rich twice. $50,000 state tax free per $1M can't be beat unless our "leaders" destroy the dollar and the treasury...and if that happens owning TSLA and MSFT aren't gonna help you out either.
    My ex wife worked at a prominent money management firm back in 2001-2003, she used to come home and tell me about new clients who rode 20mm down to 5mm before switching and they were pleading for help. “Save us”

All good things come to an end. This will probably be no different.

So did you travel to Moscow to identify yourself? (I guess I’m asking ‘how you know’…)