Page 100 of 122 FirstFirst ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,500 of 3042
    We got lucky when we crossed a week ago and didn't get selected for a random test, but did have a little snafu because one of our pre-entry test documents didn't list the address of the testing center. Had to go back through US customs (they were only concerned about drugs), drive back about 15 minutes to get service, and downloaded a more complete test result with all the info. Then we breezed through. Make sure you have all the info they want before you get there, it is spelled out online but somehow we overlooked that detail.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I got my positive test back and am now exempt from testing requirement bs while traveling for 180 days. If you think you have caught covid it could be worth getting it documented officially for that reason alone. YMMV.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/tr...ng-into-canada
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by fleaches View Post
    We got lucky when we crossed a week ago and didn't get selected for a random test, but did have a little snafu because one of our pre-entry test documents didn't list the address of the testing center. Had to go back through US customs (they were only concerned about drugs), drive back about 15 minutes to get service, and downloaded a more complete test result with all the info. Then we breezed through. Make sure you have all the info they want before you get there, it is spelled out online but somehow we overlooked that detail.

Peace Arch?
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    I got my positive test back and am now exempt from testing requirement bs while traveling for 180 days. If you think you have caught covid it could be worth getting it documented officially for that reason alone. YMMV.
    Every dark cloud has a silver lining I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Peace Arch?
    Nelway

Not sure where you are finding something that says if you were tested positive for Covid, that you can enter Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...gime-1.6300833

sound like you can pick it up sitting around breathing the air in a hell of a copter

in 2020 there were 3 cases in the industry before it shut down
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    Not sure where you are finding something that says if you were tested positive for Covid, that you can enter Canada.
    If you have a positive covid test you are exempt from the requirement to show a negative PCR test w/in 72 hours prior to crossing the border. Which is what ml242 said.

Who needs a pre-entry test
    All travellers 5 years of age or older
    You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago).
    "A witty saying proves nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by eldereldo View Post
    (typo here) Foreign nationals without a valid negative pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result, proof of a previous positive test result or who have symptoms of COVID-19 be denied entry into Canada.

and

Travellers who provide a positive COVID-19 test result taken within 14 to 180 days of arrival into Canada may be exempt from arrival testing.

all of the entry rules apply, what i am saying is you don't need the hassle of getting the pcr and you won't be subject to the random test either.

(typo here) Foreign nationals without a valid negative pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result, proof of a previous positive test result or who have symptoms of COVID-19 be denied entry into Canada.

and

Travellers who provide a positive COVID-19 test result taken within 14 to 180 days of arrival into Canada may be exempt from arrival testing.

all of the entry rules apply, what i am saying is you don't need the hassle of getting the pcr and you won't be subject to the random test either.
    May be exempt. Sounds like they could still randomly choose you.

Canada Closed until US Gets Covid 19 Under Control

also this one:

You must provide proof of a COVID-19 negative molecular test result to enter Canada OR proof of a previous positive test result taken between 14 and 180 days ago (starting January 15, 2022, between 10 and 180 days ago).

who knows. i’m headed to nyc next week not planning on getting a test on the way back. evaluate your own plans accordingly.

also this one:

who knows. i’m headed to nyc next week not planning on getting a test on the way back. evaluate your own plans accordingly.
    Didn’t realize you were Canadian.

Good luck.

This is so confusing. So if i have a positive test from today when i enter canada next month i dont need a new negative test within 72 hours? or that is the case but this doesnt start until Jan 15, so i need a positive post jan 15? i plan on entering feb 25, tks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crippity View Post
    This is so confusing. So if i have a positive test from today when i enter canada next month i dont need a new negative test within 72 hours? or that is the case but this doesnt start until Jan 15, so i need a positive post jan 15? i plan on entering feb 25, tks!
    Normally you need a negative test to enter, ya? Thing is if you had COVID you can test positive for a while even though you're not contagious anymore.

Soooo..... you get a positive test today lets say. As of Jan 15 you can then enter Canada without having to test negative. Just need the documented PCR test showing positive a minimum of 14 days prior. This is good for 6 months.

A positive test is the holy grail of cross-border travel documents. I would have loved one but here in Onterrible they stopped letting the plebs get PCR tests over the holidays. Get sick? Assume it's COVID. Rapid test positive? Yeah still no PCR for you - you have COVID.

Encouraging travelers to get covid. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I can see the rationale, but I can also say it's the only thing that has actually made me think "gee, maybe getting Covid wouldn't be so bad?" since this all started. And I know that's dumb reasoning, but I must admit I still thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    That's your take from that?

So lets say you do get covid, and you have to for whatever reason enter Canada within 6 months. What's the alternative?

It's a contagious virus that cannot be controlled. We don't need to encourage the inevitable...

EDIT: The current situation is fucked though. Like, I had covid - tested positive over christmas with a RAT. Can no longer get a PCR though, unless I pay $200 or whatever at a private clinic. Now here's the rub - lets say I need to head out of country. I'd need a test within 72 hours of departure, but if that comes back positive I can't travel for 10 days. Only option really is to get a test 11 days prior, and if negative, then another one closer to the date.

They need to end the testing requirement altogether. I am effectively stuck here until that happens. Trying to keep covid out of the country seems a little silly at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They need to end the testing requirement altogether. I am effectively stuck here until that happens. Trying to keep covid out of the country seems a little silly at this point.
    And with how quickly omicron spreads having a test within 72 hours seems a bit pointless, too. Basically most people are going to try to get tested close to that 72 hour mark to make sure they get their results back in time.

I needed to get tested last night and had just read that discussion and I was actually thinking " for once there's an upside to this"
    Have a place near nelson that I haven't seen in 23 months.
    But it was negative- which I figured cause it just feels like a cold

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I can see the rationale, but I can also say it's the only thing that has actually made me think "gee, maybe getting Covid wouldn't be so bad?" since this all started. And I know that's dumb reasoning, but I must admit I still thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    They need to end the testing requirement altogether if you are fully vaccinated and boasted. I am effectively stuck here until that happens. Trying to keep covid out of the country seems a little silly at this point.
    FIFY and I agree. All this testing on fully vaxed people is stoopid unless they have symptoms.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I independently got to the same testing-positive conclusion.

Scheduled a test for tomorrow -- 16 days prior to entry. If I pop a positive -- hoping I can recover by the planned trip. If it's negative...just have to be hella careful and hope that I test negative for the test I scheduled 3 days before entry. Nevermind that in those three days I am sharing a van with a friend carpooling up to there....

What would be ideal, would be if there was a reliable and quick anitbody test that would demonstrate you currently have adequate immunity from vaccinatioin or from having had Covid in the past. Perhaps that's a ways down the road, but I thought I read they do some form of antibody testing in Europe? I sure hope things become less complicated as 2022 proceeds but I'm not making any predictions.

I'm no expert but I've done way too much reading about COVID, off the top of my head:
    - antibodies are only one of the forms of protection your body has against viruses, lacking them doesn't necessarily mean you're not well protected
    - antibodies from a previous infection may be less effective against a new variant (having recovered from a previous variant is much less protection from Omicron infection, for example)
    - none of your body's forms of protection will guarantee you don't get infected, and get sick and/or spread it to others

If you haven't checked it out yet, Your Local Epidemiologist is a great source of info. May have been mentioned in the previous 99 pages, I don't know.
    https://yourlocalepidemiologist.subs...specially-with
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

Cool website with a lot of great information, Thanks. I was just trying to make sense out of all of the different approaches to recording current vaccinations and requirements for boosters and demonstrating immunity. With an array of combinations of the existing vaccines and new vaccines/boosters that may emerge, trying to objective determine a current level of immunity could get challenging. I hope that future travel gets less complicated across borders US/Canada as well as to other parts of the world.

We just canceled our mid winter escape to the Bahamas. Looks like they may shut the boarder.