Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

For the love of Ullr stop skiing your low tech bindings at the resort!

For fuck sake they are designed for touring not multiple multiple thousands of hardpack charging. I don't care what the guy at the store "back home" told you about how versatile they are you will tear the toepiece out of your ski (maybe not Tectons just because they relaese).
    I'm at dozens of torn out toes over the last two seasons because someone believed the hype that a pin binding could be skied in bounds like an alpine binding.
    Stop it, buy a resort set up and a touring setup damn you, or just tour which is why you bought the stupid things in the first place.
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Difficult to generalize.

About 12 years ago, I returned from being a mediocre Tele skier to locking down my heels - purchasing soft, G3 Barons, Dynafit Comforts, Garmont Megarides. I skied them inbounds quite a bit.

Height, weight, ski characteristic (how hard the ski encourages you to ski), and how hard you're inclined to ski all come into play.

Since getting multiple, dedicated inbounds rigs, I'm skiing quite a bit faster and harder.

I realize you're talking about shop mounted AT rigs being skied inbounds extensively. I'm amazed however, at the number of reported pullouts over here. MYOFS gone wrong?

... Thom

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

For the love of Ullr stop skiing your low tech bindings at the resort!

But how else will everyone know how backcountry and tour oriented I am? That I spent a shit ton of money to ski inadequate gear inbounds.

Wrong forum jong.

Now stfu and go ski

What about my high tech bindings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

IMHO touring bindings are acceptable for inbounds use in powder, so long as you aren't jumping off big stuff regularly.

The newer burlier pin bindings are supposed to hold up better to inbounds use -- Kingpin, Beast 14/16 -- but I probably wouldn't make that my quiver-of-one and ski it on hardpack.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Deep breaths

I believe Black Crows with tech bindings has replaced DPS with tech bindings as the setup of choice for the shockingly bad skier on touring gear in the resort.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Funny I saw a ton of black crows today

but can I wear my skin suit in the resort, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    but can I wear my skin suit in the resort, or...?
    Only if you dress like Black Panther or Iron Man.

https://www.spyder.com/products/mens...190201220252:s
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Only if you dress like Black Panther or Iron Man.

https://www.spyder.com/products/mens...190201220252:s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sideeyechloe.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	267704

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I believe Black Crows with tech bindings has replaced DPS with tech bindings as the setup of choice for the shockingly bad skier on touring gear in the resort.
    you've seen my steeze
    "it's just a shakedown run"

I don't really give a shit what other people decide to ski on but isn't this pretty common in euro land?

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    I don't really give a shit what other people decide to ski on but isn't this pretty common in euro land?
    In the Dolomites I see a lot of shitty skiers on something like TLT4 boots and Alti Rides, i.e., people who don't give a fuck about skiing down hill but use lifts for access to mellow tours.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Mark me down for Black Crows and pseudo tech (shift) on area. Shit skills, debatable..

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Mark me down for Black Crows and pseudo tech (shift) on area. Shit skills, debatable..
    No, no, no. I'm talking about shit skills- skidding-down-blues-in-a-gorilla-stance skills. This is a relatively recent phenomenon. There is a thread about it somewhere, I think, with input from folks who work in shops. It starts with a dude who wants to buy all the status he can, and has no interest in actually listening to advice from people in the know. I don't know if these folks like DPS and Black Crows because of the high price, because the brands are just outside the main stream, because of the solid, bright color schemes, or all of the above. It's the equivalent of me walking into a surf shop making off hand comments about my Tesla being faster than a my neighbor's Porsche and demanding their "best" surf board when I'd be better off on one of those big foam rental boards.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    I'll join ya. Black Crows Noctas w/ kingpins. Look like a touring and resort JONG with uber fat skis touring and pin bindings at the resort. Bring on the h8ers. I gotta try out this gorilla stance though

waxman sells a LOT of blackcrows too

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    you will tear the toepiece out of your ski
    I must be doing something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

My rich friend just dropped thousands on new DPS skis, touring boots and bindings and doesn’t even go backcountry. 🤦♂️

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    My rich friend just dropped thousands on new DPS skis, touring boots and bindings and doesn’t even go backcountry. 臘♂️
    smart move. did you know there are avalanches in the backcountry??

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    smart move. did you know there are avalanches in the backcountry??
    They are all inbounds now
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

OK if I use tech bindings at the resort if I skin up first?

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I gotta try out this gorilla stance though
    careful, that's how THALL broke his ankles.