Page 1561 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 ... LastLast
Results 39,001 to 39,025 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What, and deprive me of the pleasure of shoving someone out of the way to get to my bag on the carousel, and then smacking them in the kneecaps with the bag as I step away? That's the best part of flying.

So you prefer to stay in your aisle seat and sniff butts?
    I must like to stand up vigorously and smash my head on the overhead bins, because I do it every single time and oftentimes the little button on my baseball hat accentuates the pain… FML

get one without a button?

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    get one without a button?
    Yeah right, then I’ll look like an idiot!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Yeah right, then I’ll look like an idiot!
    I laft.

People that fail to yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk should face DUI level consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Why does everyone stand right at the edge of the baggage carousel, instead of backing up a few feet and proceeding forward only when your bag comes around?!? When I build my airport, it’s going to have a painted line to stand behind until you see your baggage…
    This is near the top of my list of pet peeves. Plenty of airports do have a line and even instructions asking people to stay back but it doesn’t work. Drives me crazy.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is near the top of my list of pet peeves. Plenty of airports do have a line and even instructions asking people to stay back but it doesn’t work. Drives me crazy.
    Men with whippy sticks would fix that in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Ditto.
    And anyone between the belt and that line does not get the benefit of a see voo play when I go for my board bag

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Dibs on the band name.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Just need to make an example of one person on each flight and post it on toktok. Problem solved.

When a house close by explodes, burning the neighbor houses too, and you have to stand around wondering if yours is gonna burn too.l - that's annoying.

Haven't been evacuated yet but standing by and ready. Essentials loaded...

It's also kind of annoying that all the neighbors bailed immediately, even before any voluntary evac, so they can't make any effort to help defend their own houses. I'm running around with hoses, a bucket, and a shovel. Embers are annoying.

Finished walking the dogs, going to put them back in the house and go hose more.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

I have to do the, finest TGR tradition of post first, then deal with emergency...
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Any particular reason the neighbor's house exploded? Good luck.

So many people who just leave literal piles of shit and t.p.

Also those asshole grouse who lie in wait to scare the living fuck outta me when I'm really stoned and crawling through bear tunnels in the willows. It kinda annoys me too that I still get stoned and feel like crawling through bear tunnels in some of the thickest griz country in the lower 48 sounds like a good idea...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I don't think I'd put a lot of effort into defending the neighbors' houses. Just me. But hey.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I don't think I'd put a lot of effort into defending the neighbors' houses. Just me. But hey.
    Watering my yard with hoses, but I walked up in the direction of the fire to check for spot fires. If neighbors yards burn, it's likely to spread towards mine. I live in high desert, big pine trees and scrub brush. Some of the neighbors do a much better job of clearing defensible space than others.

Fire is contained, they're mopping up. Pics are of small spot fires about 1/8 mile away, two houses over from me - at the end of the shared road leading to my house.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Any particular reason the neighbor's house exploded? Good luck.
    Arson suspected. Report of search for person seen running away from the propane tank that blew, getting in a truck, driving away fast.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Arson suspected. Report of search for person seen running away from the propane tank that blew, getting in a truck, driving away fast.
    Your neighbor?

Propane tank would make a helluva bang. You'd feel that one.

Neighbors getting divorced, by any chance?

Typically they vent when they burn so I wonder what the hell happened. There would have to be some additional monkey business to get one to explode.

I live near a ski area, maybe 5 miles in a straight line. When the avy bombs go in winter, it rumbles at the house.

It was like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Paulster you should consider making a lawn care thread so dolts like me can learn how to cope with this damn drought. Yellow grass annoys me.
    The solution for 90% of lawn issues is water and keeping the grass longer. I cut mine on the 2nd highest setting. When it gets hot and never rains like this summer, the grass goes dormant. It's not dead, it's just a defense mechanism allowing it to survive. As soon as the cool weather and rains come back in late summer/fall, it'll spring back to life. So up to you if you want to spend the $ on keeping it green or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    I used to stress about a yellow lawn. Now I can’t wait for it to go dormant during the summer drought. Only green grass is from overspray from the garden and fruit trees. This year though was cool and moist with the heat and dry weather only coming on in force since the beginning of Aug, so I am in purgatory such that it just won’t go fully dormant, keeping me pushing that stupid mower around in 35C sun every few days.
    My problem with having a dormant lawn is that crabgrass will start to creep in from the driveway/curbs, and I need to dig it all out to keep it from fully taking over. If I keep my grass long and green, then nothing else has a chance to even get started.

HOT TIP: when you do start to water it or it rains again/whatever, there will be some spots where the grass just doesn't seem to want to come back to life. I bet the problem is for some reason the soil has become hydrophobic, and water is just running off the surface to the area around it (which will get green, quick). Solution is to put some baby shampoo in a sprayer and soak the spot with it. It'll get nice and bubbly. Then go back to just straight water and rinse it all away. Take a soil sample (with an aerator or just test with a screwdriver even) and you'll see that now water is getting down to the roots and in a few days it'll look much better. Worst case you are just adding more water to your grass, so it can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    When it gets hot and never rains like this summer, the grass goes dormant. It's not dead, it's just a defense mechanism allowing it to survive. As soon as the cool weather and rains come back in late summer/fall, it'll spring back to life. So up to you if you want to spend the $ on keeping it green or not.

I hear this a lot, but when I cut down to watering one day a week last year, big patches of my lawn just died, as in turned to dirt. I'm not sure what it takes for dormant grass to survive, but that didn't happen for me.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I hear this a lot, but when I cut down to watering one day a week last year, big patches of my lawn just died, as in turned to dirt. I'm not sure what it takes for dormant grass to survive, but that didn't happen for me.
    In Utah the grass just dies in my experience, but it’ll go dormant up here in the PNW with a little bit of water.

People that waste tons of water in a drought-ridden West just so they have green lawns annoy me.