Page 3 of 929 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    or who knows; maybe the majority of the population has already had the virus, was asymptomatic and we’re already a lot closer to herd immunity than thought.

the problem is the lack of transparency with this virus. Is there a reason (other than money) that would cause vaccine makers to not work together during a pandemic? Isn’t the whole idea, wear a mask to protect your neighbor? Why don’t all the vaccine companies put their data and trials together so we could get a safer vaccine that’s been thoroughly tested instead of keeping quiet on literally everything from ingredients to symptoms?

this is a pandemic after all; I thought we were all about saving lives over here.
    Interesting you mention that. A group of Stanford Doctors using their Antibodies test did and are doing that study. What they published said just that. Lots of people have already been exposed And they were promptly crucified. Now six months later these findings are boiling back to the surface. It's impossible to find the study on the University web site. Alternate right wing media is covering it now.

The new story is going to be, even if you already had it, it mutates and you could catch it again. I was told that today by the lady at the VA scheduling my Covid test on the 10th of December.

with no insider knowledge, I can pretty much guarantee that travel into other countries and into the USA will require proof of a vacine and maybe a negative test. Just watch it go down.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Just a general observation not related to TNK, but I think it’s interesting how worked up people get about vaccines, which aren’t typically big money makers, while they inhale a cocktail of highly profitable drugs made by the same companies.
    Seriousness. People want to pay for a cure, not a prevention. Because when you are sick, price is no limit; when you are well, shelling out for something that may or may not happen seems pointless.

Who really needs health insurance in their 20's anyway?
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    My initial thinking is that it should be like the flu shot - if you're worried about catching it, get the shot, if not, don't.
    This is fucked up logic. Just like the flu shot you should get it because of others, not yourself. I can't belief this needs to be explained at this point for fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    This is fucked up logic. Just like the flu shot you should get it because of others, not yourself. I can't belief this needs to be explained at this point for fuck's sake.
    i actually agree with you, but just for fun. Explain it to me.

If you are vaccinated, you wear a mask, you wash your hands, Why woulld you give two shits about someone else not getting vaccinated?

How is it your problem or any of your business?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    If you are vaccinated, you wear a mask, you wash your hands, Why woulld you give two shits about someone else not getting vaccinated?
    Because it's an infectious disease and vaccination is how we curb infectious diseases. It's about public health. Bottom line. Why do you think we poke babies with a bunch of needles? It's not because doctors are sadists.

We could explain this a thousand times, wouldn’t stop the idiot talking points. Idiocy and selfishness are spreading...like a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    We could explain this a thousand times, wouldn’t stop the idiot talking points. Idiocy and selfishness are spreading...like a pandemic.
    It's so Goddamned frustrating.

Meanwhile "The U.S. has recorded its most Covid-19 deaths in a week." link

It’s like a complete disconnect that we are a SOCIETY. How many of us would rather more of us survive? My hand is raised, apparently others aren’t.

John Galt would disagree.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    It’s like a complete disconnect that we are a SOCIETY. How many of us would rather more of us survive? My hand is raised, apparently others aren’t.
    I’ll get the vaccine but my hand isn’t raised as high as it once was.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    People can’t seem to understand that everyone working together for the common good creates a better result than the me-against-the-world, don’t tread on Muh Freedumbz philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    People can’t seem to understand that everyone working together for the common good creates a better result than the me-against-the-world, don’t tread on Muh Freedumbz philosophy
    Ayn Rand has poisoned the well.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

A hospital system exec I saw interviewed said that 90% of their employees in a survey said they would take the vaccine. If I were exec I wouldn't be offering it to Mrs TNK yet--I don't think there's going to be enough at first to vaccinate people who aren't doing direct care. But if she gets the chance--as a HCW (RN?--the PCC's I know are RN's, including my wife at one point) she is better qualified to decided than her husband or daughter.

or who knows; maybe the majority of the population has already had the virus, was asymptomatic and we’re already a lot closer to herd immunity than thought.

the problem is the lack of transparency with this virus. Is there a reason (other than money) that would cause vaccine makers to not work together during a pandemic? Isn’t the whole idea, wear a mask to protect your neighbor? Why don’t all the vaccine companies put their data and trials together so we could get a safer vaccine that’s been thoroughly tested instead of keeping quiet on literally everything from ingredients to symptoms?

this is a pandemic after all; I thought we were all about saving lives over here.
    I believe the 3 vaccines on the verge of approval are collaborations. Small drug development companies are often one trick ponies--they have one basic technology that they use to attack different problems, so one company can't easily adopt another companies technology. The fact that there are multiple different approaches to the vaccine is a good thing IMO. No one knew going into this thing what would work the best. Over time one or more approaches may turn out to be the best but at this point which that would be is not clear and it may well turn out that different vaccines are more appropriate for different environments--there's the freezer issue for example. Also, if different vaccines require different raw materials it would be good to have options, so that the unavailabiltiy of one material doesn't stop all vaccine production.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Why not?
    Curious about this myself. I’m in the “if Fauci takes it, I’ll take it” camp.
    But there’s also enough time before I can get to front of the line for the vax, there’s time to pivot in the unlikely event a problem comes up.

For context, my sister ended up with polio from the bad batches of vaccine. And she’s ready to get the Covid vax.

Not trying to call you out, just interested in the hesitation

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Ayn Rand has poisoned the well.
    Any Rand was a nutcase with a bad case of PTSD from the Russian Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Please quantify those chances. Assume that the CDC is correct and that N-times as many people have had it as officially tested. Are the complications reasonably expected or are they statistical outliers?
    I did not write this - and take this with a grain of salt (although it was written by a doctor I don’t know where they got the numbers from)
    ————-

How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down a country?

There are two problems with this question

1) It neglects the law of large numbers (1% of US population would be over 3 million)

and

2) It assumes that one of two things happen; you die or you are 100% fine

The second bit is that people keep talking about deaths. Deaths, deaths, deaths. Only one percent die! Just one percent! One is a small number! No big deal, right?

What about the people who survive?

For every one person who dies:
    - 19 more require hospitalization
    - 18 of those will have some form of permanent heart damage for the rest of their lives
    - 10 will have some degree of permanent lung damage
    - 3 will have strokes
    - 2 will have neurological damage that leads to chronic weakness and loss of coordination
    - 2 will have neurological damage that leads to loss of cognitive function

This is what the folks who keep on about "only 1% dead, what's the big deal?" don't get.

It's not just 1% dead. Imagine the cost to our country, Imagine the clogged hospitals. Imagine all the loved ones who die or suffer health effects the rest of their lives.

———

But cmon puregravity - you’re the TGR king of internet research. You shouldn’t be asking me or anyone to do you homework for you.

Start here:

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2771581

“ among 26 competitive college athletes who received a diagnosis of COVID-19 by reverse transcriptase–polymerase chain reaction, none of whom required hospitalization and the majority without reported symptoms, 12 (46%) had evidence of myocarditis or prior myocardial injury by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging routinely performed for positive testing results (range, 12-53 days later). The durability and consequences of such imaging findings are not yet known and longer follow-up is needed.

However, an increased incidence of heart failure as a major sequela of COVID-19 is of concern, with considerable potential implications for the general population of older adults with multimorbidity, as well as for younger previously healthy patients, including athletes.”

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Interesting you mention that. A group of Stanford Doctors using their Antibodies test did and are doing that study. What they published said just that. Lots of people have already been exposed And they were promptly crucified. Now six months later these findings are boiling back to the surface. It's impossible to find the study on the University web site. Alternate right wing media is covering it now.

The new story is going to be, even if you already had it, it mutates and you could catch it again. I was told that today by the lady at the VA scheduling my Covid test on the 10th of December.

with no insider knowledge, I can pretty much guarantee that travel into other countries and into the USA will require proof of a vacine and maybe a negative test. Just watch it go down.
    The recent Stanford antibody study was either easy or hard to find depending on one's willingness to exit the echo chamber and click on the first search result taking you to the Stanford Medicine web site:

As of the end of September Fewer than 1 in 10 Americans have antibodies to coronavirus, study finds.

Instead of writing long easily disproven posts all the non-sheeple false flag conspiracy free thinkers can save time by using this simple template:

Why bother [insert anything here] ? They are trying to control you.

A few examples:

Why bother taking a vaccine? They are trying to control you.
    Why bother to test a hoax? They are trying to control you.
    Why bother wearing a mask? They are trying to control you.

I will get the vaccine as soon as it is offered to me. I'm some ways I should be happy that many won't take it, that much quicker that I get mine. But I care about public health so I hope everybody gets it.

Some of you sound like you think they just brewed this out back, and 15 people have successfully taken it. However, thousands and thousands and thousands of people have taken this, with results that show it's safe and effective. A guarantee? Life doesn't have guarantees, you could get hit by a bus on your way to get the shot. But the right choice seems pretty clear.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    What about your chances of getting covid and being symptomatic for 4-5 weeks? What about your chances of getting covid and getting permanent heart and/or lung damage? What about your chances of not having symptoms and not dying from a covid infection but then giving it to someone that dies...or has heart damage for life etc etc.

What about the chances of people who pass themselves off as smart continuing to pose this as a “you’re unlikely to die so what’s the big deal?” binary problem?
    That’s a lot of wha’da bouts.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Isn’t the whole idea, wear a mask to protect your neighbor?.
    Fuck thy neighbor, the whole idea should have been to protect YOURSELF from the get-go.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    - 19 more require hospitalization
    - 18 of those will have some form of permanent heart damage for the rest of their lives
    - 10 will have some degree of permanent lung damage
    - 3 will have strokes
    - 2 will have neurological damage that leads to chronic weakness and loss of coordination

among 26 competitive college athlete.... 12 (46%) had evidence of myocarditis or prior myocardial injury by cardiac magnetic resonance imaging routinely performed for positive testing results (range, 12-53 days later). "

The stats
    =========

Are those inclusive or exclusive of each other?

- 19 more require hospitalization ( I assume all the other categories are included in this, correct?)

- 10 will have some degree of permanent lung damage (does heart damage and lung damage go together? With strokes and other too?)
    - 3 will have strokes (does this include the neurological damage stats too?)
    - 2 will have neurological damage that leads to chronic weakness and loss of coordination (also included in prior or next stat??)

Athletes
    =======
    OK. So do they know how many had it because of, or prior?
    Is it correlated with Red Bull consumption?
    Did they exercise during their infected status?

How many athletes (or others) had their hearts and lungs inspected prior to the disease?
    (A lot of jocks smoke, toke, or puff stuff or even powdery stuff. Being an athlete does not exclude one from having an existing lung condition. Childhood Pneumonia could also do the same things.)
    How do they know it is permanent since the disease is still novel and a year old (many in the study probably only a short time studied)?
    How do they know what will lead to chronic whatevers? Has chronic even been determined???
    Loss of cognitive function. OK. Most athletes in college already suffer from that.

Of all of the afflicted, what % are they of all people that get covid?

I didn't read the link you posted. Sorry.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post

I didn't read the link you posted. Sorry.
    Apology not accepted.

I can't believe I need to remind you that these vaccines are on the verge of emergency authorization (different from the standard approval that won't happen for some time), and we still don't know if they will, in fact, prevent people from transmitting the virus. If we don't even know that yet, what else do we not know. I can't believe this needs to be explained at this point for fuck's sake.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    The recent Stanford antibody study was either easy or hard to find depending on one's willingness to exit the echo chamber and click on the first search result taking you to the Stanford Medicine web site:

As of the end of September Fewer than 1 in 10 Americans have antibodies to coronavirus, study finds.

Instead of writing long easily disproven posts all the non-sheeple false flag conspiracy free thinkers can save time by using this simple template:

Why bother [insert anything here] ? They are trying to control you.

A few examples:

Why bother taking a vaccine? They are trying to control you.
    Why bother to test a hoax? They are trying to control you.
    Why bother wearing a mask? They are trying to control you.
    There are conflicting views coming from Stanford. Interesting situation.

The articles on the front page are not from the scientists / Professors who did the original study. This is just information. Being a dick and calling people stupid or close minded is a pathetic way to have a conversation about anything. Now I just think your ??? Not worth my time time.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~