Page 2 of 929 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    If TNK were a rabid anti vaxxer (pun intended), he wouldn’t have started this thread in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    If TNK were a troll, he would have started this thread in the first place.
    fify
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    With it being this rushed will the nano-bots embedded in it be able to communicate with Bill Gates effectively? Will it work without a nationwide 5g connection????????
    they better use ipv6

Does this mean I need a new Phone?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Does this mean I need a new Phone?
    nah, you can just voip over your vaccine.

My initial thinking is that it should be like the flu shot - if you're worried about catching it, get the shot, if not, don't. In reality most people will eventually be forced to get it one way or another. Employer could require it (and can legally fire you for refusing). Health insurance companies can require it, or jack up your premium if you don't get it. There will probably be many businesses requiring documentation of having the vaccine if you want to use their services, such as airlines, large concerts or sporting events, perhaps indoor dining.
    I find it absolutely absurd that anyone would voluntarily take it right now with how little we know about it. We don't know if it will be effective for more than a few months. We don't know much about side effects, and nothing beyond a few months. We still don't know if it will prevent transmission. Effects during pregnancy. On children. When combined with other medications. I'm personally not too concerned about catching the covid, I'm more concerned about potentially passing it on to someone else with a weaker immune system. I'll take reasonable precautions, but I'd rather not be a guinea pig. That said, see first paragraph. At some point, I'll probably have to get it and hope for the best.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    On children.
    It hasn't been given/tested on children so you are correct on that.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    I mean they totally skipped the animal testing phase and went straight to testing on humans... which is the only reason we don’t currently have a mRNA vaccine - they’ve never been able to get past the animal testing phases which were conveniently skipped to make this vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    I mean they totally skipped the animal testing phase and went straight to testing on humans... which is the only reason we don’t currently have a mRNA vaccine - they’ve never been able to get past the animal testing phases which were conveniently skipped to make this vaccine.
    What was limiting them getting past animal phases in previous mRNA vaccine trials? That would be helpful information to interpret your response.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Wow, as a healthcare worker I would have assumed she'd be required to get it.
    This is where the rubber is gonna hit the road. Can the Gov or a company dictate what you put in your body as a condition of employment or even access.

Here come the train.

I don't know who will win in the short term. Long run "Unconstitutional" if that is even a thing anymore.

I don't think your wife is gonna get an option to not vaccinate and keep working in a Hospital
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

What about your chances of getting covid and being symptomatic for 4-5 weeks? What about your chances of getting covid and getting permanent heart and/or lung damage? What about your chances of not having symptoms and not dying from a covid infection but then giving it to someone that dies...or has heart damage for life etc etc.

What about the chances of people who pass themselves off as smart continuing to pose this as a “you’re unlikely to die so what’s the big deal?” binary problem?
    We all say "But Winston Churchill smoked and rank and lived a long life". We know this is an outlier. We also know the great majority of people don't even know they got covid.

Please quantify those chances. Assume that the CDC is correct and that N-times as many people have had it as officially tested. Are the complications reasonably expected or are they statistical outliers?
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

I have a twinge of empathy for people like the OP who are reasonably asking "what's up?". First off, the anti-vax crowd can go fuck right off. Bye. But there is sizeable population that under normal situations, would just defer a decision to 1) their doctor's guidance 2) reinforcement by trust in the institutions 3) further reinforced by general guidance from SMEs 4) finally and unfortunately peer opinion. But with do-do dumb fuck at the helm, who has undermined any and all institutions with blatant political self-serving and corruption, furthered amplified by out of the woodwork sneaky, non-expert sycophants... one is forced to ask: did this guy and his cronies push to cut more corners than in his leaky, no fire-code-alarm, craptastic, gaudy apartment buildings? His hand is the opposite of invisible and unscrupulous enablers have taken apolitical agencies and have weaponized them.

Mind you, I believe the process bore this political weight and ultimately will have products that were competently realized. Flawless? Probably not. Least worse choice? Yes. But point being, most of us are now put into a place where a carefree trust in the institutions is not to be taken for granted and you are forced to personally scrutinize for some sort of piece of mind. Terribly inefficient, worse for adoption, ripe for exploitation.

What was limiting them getting past animal phases in previous mRNA vaccine trials? That would be helpful information to interpret your response.
    Demand.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

I got my flu shot today, so Bill Gates is already tracking my movements; might as well go all in. When available, I’ll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    In a hospital with a shared HVAC system with the infected? I'd get it in a heartbeat if I could. I'm further down the line as essential construction and fully intend to get the shot from whomever is available when my number is called. I want my covid passport.

This isn't some fly-by-night homebrewed snake oil. My neighbor works in (Big Pharma, but his company doesn't have a vax through stage 3 yet) local billion manufacturing plant as a director of quality. They take this shit damn seriously. Rushed to production typically means it's not the most efficient, most cost effective that it could be in their world. Pfizer's needs to be kept super cold and has a short shelf life. That's because it was rushed and not optimized. They know it's more important to get this distributed and fast because they need ~16 billion doses. If they make $2 on each, $32 billion in profits is a good year.

Yeah, we don't know the long term effects of the vaccine, but we also don't know the long term effects of hormonal birth control either (we're really close though! It is 60 years old this year!), or the chicken pox vaccine (about 30 years old).
    We don't even have the data the gubbernment is using for *emergency approvals*. The transparency of all this decision making is ...
    fascinating.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Looks like he raised his kids to be equally kooky...

I hope she fails PA school. Seriously. OP is a Dr. of internet medicine but his kid girl is actually going to real school for real medicine and that's what she believes? Scary.
    I know a few nurses who are concerned about it. And they aren't the anti vaccine or 'covid's not a thing' nurses. I suppose I get some of the concern but maybe I just have too much faith?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I got my flu shot today, so Bill Gates is already tracking my movements; might as well go all in. When available, I’ll get it.
    I've got a line on some magic underwear that protects you from the 5g, even if it's already inside you. Don't let them track you!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I heard the key downside of rushing the covid vaccine to market is that it won't be optimized for autism. Even so, Ms TBS and I are still getting it as soon as we can.

And lets get it straight - George Soros is the one tracking us with his fleet of micro-UAVs. Using software developed by Bill Gates in the basement of a pizza parlor in DC. Financed by the Clinton Foundation.

On a serious note, from what I've read recently, more than 60% immunity is required for "herd" levels. So if the vaccines are 90% effective, we need 0.6/0.9 = 66% of the population to get vaccinated.

Current surveys show that more than 30% of Americans will refuse the vaccine. So, we may not get to herd immunity until a large portion of the anti-vaxxers get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I heard the key downside of rushing the covid vaccine to market is that it won't be optimized for autism. Even so, Ms TBS and I are still getting it as soon as we can.

And lets get it straight - George Soros is the one tracking us with his fleet of micro-UAVs. Using software developed by Bill Gates in the basement of a pizza parlor in DC. Financed by the Clinton Foundation.

On a serious note, from what I've read recently, more than 60% immunity is required for "herd" levels. So if the vaccines are 90% effective, we need 0.6/0.9 = 66% of the population to get vaccinated.

Current surveys show that more than 30% of Americans will refuse the vaccine. So, we may not get to herd immunity until a large portion of the anti-vaxxers get sick.
    or who knows; maybe the majority of the population has already had the virus, was asymptomatic and we’re already a lot closer to herd immunity than thought.

the problem is the lack of transparency with this virus. Is there a reason (other than money) that would cause vaccine makers to not work together during a pandemic? Isn’t the whole idea, wear a mask to protect your neighbor? Why don’t all the vaccine companies put their data and trials together so we could get a safer vaccine that’s been thoroughly tested instead of keeping quiet on literally everything from ingredients to symptoms?

this is a pandemic after all; I thought we were all about saving lives over here.

Have there been any reports of zombieism as a side effect to any of the vaccines?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

The right wing dumb dumbs complaining about the invisible hand is ironing. Why wouldn't these companies work together for the greater good!? Wah!

Are we going to just get one vaccine available in a given locale or will be able to choose?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Just a general observation not related to TNK, but I think it’s interesting how worked up people get about vaccines, which aren’t typically big money makers, while they inhale a cocktail of highly profitable drugs made by the same companies.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    This is where the rubber is gonna hit the road. Can the Gov or a company dictate what you put in your body as a condition of employment or even access.

Here come the train.

I don't know who will win in the short term. Long run "Unconstitutional" if that is even a thing anymore.

I don't think your wife is gonna get an option to not vaccinate and keep working in a Hospital
    Yes, employers can definitely require a vaccine as a condition of employment. You are free to get another job if you don't like it. As for the gov't, it doesn't seem like they can require it for everyone, and I haven't seen anything that indicates a desire to do so. But vaccines are already required for kids to go to public school in most places, so this will probably be another one on the list.
    And I would suspect most hospitals will require vaccines. But I did see an article that mentioned a survey of FDNY firefighters, over 50% aren't planning on taking it. And these are the people that saw all the shit hitting the fan first hand a while back. I'm kinda surprised they are being given an option, so maybe it's just gonna come down to whoever is calling the shots for any particular organization.
    And anyone that thinks the thinking on this boils down to left vs. right, or anti-vaxxer vs. enlightened, is a fucking dumbass. I'm all for vaccines that have been thoroughly tested, and used for decades, with proven safety records. These vaccines are none of those.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm...pow! View Post
    But I did see an article that mentioned a survey of FDNY firefighters, over 50% aren't planning on taking it. And these are the people that saw all the shit hitting the fan first hand a while back. I'm kinda surprised they are being given an option, so maybe it's just gonna come down to whoever is calling the shots for any particular organization.

here are some of those fdny FFers in their element.
    swing your fucking sword.