Page 23 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bendtheski View Post
    Waitresses who don't notice my beer needs refilling half way through a meal, and then ask if I want a refill when I have maybe one bite of dinner left and then try to take a dessert order.

that's what they do for chumps.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    i think americans with no table manners are more annoying. most americans just know how to stuff their faces, not enjoy the drinks/meals and the company around it. i am constantly amazed when i go home.

hey fucker, we're busy eating your future so stop interrupting.

Quote Originally Posted by spook View Post
    that's what they do for chumps.
    ZING again! Dood, you are killing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Forgetting my sunglasses at work.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

People who put their windshield wipers on high even when it's only sprinkling a little.

Planning to post in a thread, only to find it's gone

People using "sick kids" as an excuse to "work from home" on a regular basis. Oh it's going to be 80 and sunny on a Friday and your kid just magically has a fever? Color me surprised.

Also, people that don't let you even get to your office and settle in before they hound you with questions.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    reminds me of the old joke: a waiter in a deli walked up to a table where 4-Jewish women were seated and asked " Is anything OK?"
    That's awesome. Reminds me of my step mom. I have never been out to a meal, including very nice restaurants down to a Waffle House where she didn't send something back, and she has the most god awful palette on earth.

My dad and I talking about dry aged steaks while she was in the room. She butts in, "dry aged steaks aren't any good. My favorite is at tgi Fridays (or some equivalent restaurant). It's a sirloin marinated in teriyaki and they serve it with a pineapple on top. That is some shit that annoys me.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    The dichotomy between wanting a cigarette and knowing that each one makes me feel badly.
    When people use the word "badly" when they should have used "bad."

spook Guest
    still raping and pillaging i see

Actually home at the moment, but I could visit your house if you like.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by P_McPoser View Post
    Actually home at the moment, but I could visit your house if you like.
    sorry, arizona grads have a hard time with the street address.

Yeah, we don't get much practice finding our friends and families in high density lean-to barrios like Oregon folk.

spook Guest
    it's different in portland. portland is weird. i live in a commune. in the basement of course but it's cheap livin.

hate to derail this thread but I got a robo call from United Airlines at 3 am this morning. Your 8am flight is delayed till 11am. But please come to the airport at the same time as we might move the flight up. And have a lovely evening. How f-ing stoopid is that?

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    hate to derail this thread but I got a robo call from United Airlines at 3 am this morning. Your 8am flight is delayed till 11am. But please come to the airport at the same time as we might move the flight up. And have a lovely evening. How f-ing stoopid is that?
    My flight was recently delayed out of NY. They said due to another delayed flight our pilot wasn't going to make it. A few minutes later while at the bar they called and said they found another pilot and the plane was going to leave early. WTF? I barely made it to my gate in time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1372759653.670224.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	139235

Irrationally infuriates me! There's this 20-something chick in our building, kinda cute...appears to be in decent physical shape, but dammit if 3-4 times per week she doesn't hop on the elevator on the 6th floor and presses #7 or vice-versa.

Every time I see her, I just want to laid a heavy throat chop on her!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Church.

(yeah, I'm trying to bring that back, along with RAD)

Just spent a few days in a very old town, in a very old but pretty hotel, with two out of 3 elevators "under maintenance" and every asshole that hit "2" got my not so intimidating glare. I swear it took 30 minutes to get a lift to the 10th floor.

jerks.

EDIT: to add

Local news. Can't they ever report on some shit that is good? Something like, Dude saves a family of five from a burning Pontiac Fiero?

This is what I saw today:

11Alive Top 5 stories for your morning:
    -A likely arson case at an Atlanta home
    -An Alert System to flag weather, security danger
    -A smash-and-grab for hair extensions
    -Pedestrian killed on I-285
    I guess I'm just pissed about the hair extensions.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just spent a few days in a very old town, in a very old but pretty hotel, with two out of 3 elevators "under maintenance" and every asshole that hit "2" got my not so intimidating glare. I swear it took 30 minutes to get a lift to the 10th floor.
    I've been going nuts at work lately because one of the two escalators going to the first floor in my building is down for maintenance. It's unusable because they've got it blocked off. In the morning--for some unexplainable reason--they've got the one working escalator going down. WTF good does an escalator going down do at the time of day when everyone is going up? I don't get it. I never understood why they installed escalators in the building in the first place instead of stairs. It's a four floor building for Pete's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Church.
    (yeah, I'm trying to bring that back, along with RAD)
    Speaking off which...Westboro Baptist was here yesterday. They don't really annoy me though; they're sorta like Yosemite Sam: comin into town shootin' and hollerin'...but so over the top as to be cartoonish.
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Annoying: Having a ladder come out from under me while caulking a window on the second floor and hitting the driveway. More annoying: I told myself that the ladder was at too shallow an angle to climb, but was too lazy to adjust it because it was fine like that the last time up despite having a convo with my neighbor about ladder accidents the day before.
    Most Annoying: The luckiest thing to happen to me so far this year is not smashing my skull on the driveway and walking away with some lumps and sprains. FML
    Silent....but shredly.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post

Irrationally infuriates me! There's this 20-something chick in our building, kinda cute...appears to be in decent physical shape, but dammit if 3-4 times per week she doesn't hop on the elevator on the 6th floor and presses #7 or vice-versa.

Every time I see her, I just want to laid a heavy throat chop on her!
    In my building the stairs are for fire exit only -- all doors to the stairs are alarmed. Fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    In my building the stairs are for fire exit only -- all doors to the stairs are alarmed. Fucking stupid.
    I was going to say the same thing. It's obnoxious. Once you get into the stairwell, your only way out is on the ground floor. We've actually got offices on 4 and 6, and I'd prefer to hoof it between the two, but it's not an option.

My dick doesn't seem to be as hard as it used to be.