Page 22 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Working with people in the UK. They always get me "notes" at their EOD, which is the my middle of day and want the changes in the morning. Great, looks like I'll be working late tonight.
    Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

neighbors who just put bags of trash (about 10-15 a week for family of 5) on the curb and don't take time to close them. shit blowing everywhere..... and they wonder why the raccoons hang out at their place.

Washing Pot and pan lids. Pasta strainers/colanders, too. Rinse that shit off and put it back in the cabinet.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Waitresses who ask me "how is everything?" when I have a fork in my mouth.

I dont get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    People who have to give a huge preamble and pre-apology to any question they're about to ask or statement they're about to make. It's usually women. I'm on a local board here and one of the female members starts every question or statement like:

"I'm sorry, and this is just me talking, and I don't know how you all feel about this, but I just need to ask this and I'm sorry if you don't agree but this just needs to be said and maybe it's a dumb question but I just need to ask it so I'm just going to put it out there and I'm sorry if you think this is crazy but..."

Ask the fucking question already for Christ's sake!!
    Spot on. Fucking spot on mate.
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.

Kevin o'leary and Gary bettman.

The dichotomy between wanting a cigarette and knowing that each one makes me feel badly. It's a relief that makes me ill.
    "One season per year, the gods open the skies, and releases a white, fluffy, pillow on top of the most forbidding mountain landscapes, allowing people to travel over them with ease and relative abandonment of concern for safety. It's incredible."

Probably a re-post

People who are annoyed
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cono Este View Post

I dont get it.
    This. And also, she just sat the plate down, I'm digging out my knife and fork and clearly haven't even considered taking a bite when she asks, "So, how is everything?". Fuck if I know.

I have a TSA compliant laptop bag...And at least half the time the TSA agents make me take it out of the bag and put it in a separate bin.

WTF? It says "TSA compliant" right on it!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    I have a TSA compliant laptop bag...And at least half the time the TSA agents make me take it out of the bag and put it in a separate bin.

WTF? It says "TSA compliant" right on it!
    I've had the same as well. I popped for a Timbuk2 version where the backside zips off and flat to go through the scanner. About every third flight, some crimefighter feels compelled to flop my bag back over the computer, requiring a rescan.

I dont get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    This. And also, she just sat the plate down, I'm digging out my knife and fork and clearly haven't even considered taking a bite when she asks, "So, how is everything?". Fuck if I know.
    Hahaha. That seems to happen more often than not. Or they'll ask the moment before you deliver the punchline on a good joke, or right before you're about to say the last line of the story you were in the middle of. Never fails. Seems that only at classier joints do servers pay the slightest bit of attention before even approaching your table. Now for THAT, I'll tip quite well.

adults that wear pro sports replica jerseys with their hero's name on the back

wankers
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

spook Guest

I dont get it.

spook Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by telemike View Post
    adults that wear pro sports replica jerseys with their hero's name on the back

wankers

all this time i just thought they were typically obese american teenagers.

I dont get it.
    I personally don't understand this pet peeve. A good waiter or waitress will be by your table to ask how everything is a moment or two after they drop off the dish. The chances of you, or one of the 4 people at the table having a mouth full of food is extremely high. One person is talking, three people are eating. A simple nod, eyebrow lift and an "ummmm!" or a *thumbs up* will suffice. You don't have to answer. Most frequently you won't be taking a bite if the food blows and you're unhappy. Either way, a waiter or waitress checking on a table is never a bad thing.

spook Guest
    COMING OUT THIS FALL!!

CHEAP EATS: MY ADVENTURES HITTING ON DESPERATE WAITRESSES LIVING IN POVERTY

by GOO B. GOO

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Hahaha. That seems to happen more often than not. Or they'll ask the moment before you deliver the punchline on a good joke, or right before you're about to say the last line of the story you were in the middle of. Never fails. Seems that only at classier joints do servers pay the slightest bit of attention before even approaching your table. Now for THAT, I'll tip quite well.
    Waitresses who don't notice my beer needs refilling half way through a meal, and then ask if I want a refill when I have maybe one bite of dinner left and then try to take a dessert order.

"Yes, for dessert I would like the beer you should have brought me 15 minutes ago". As a rule I have a two pint minimum with dinners out, 3 if the server's paying attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

TSA= Thousands Standing Around. Deserves it's own thread.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    Americans who adopt brit-isms, period.

them: "Cheers!"

me: "I love that show!"
    i think americans with no table manners are more annoying. most americans just know how to stuff their faces, not enjoy the drinks/meals and the company around it. i am constantly amazed when i go home.

I dont get it.
    you gotta eat slower and pause sometimes for them to get the timing right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripzalot View Post
    i think americans with no table manners are more annoying. most americans just know how to stuff their faces, not enjoy the drinks/meals and the company around it. i am constantly amazed when i go home.
    We teach 'em young...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

When did people start turning on their emergency flashers in heavy rain? Great, now it's raining really hard and I get to deal with the glare from your e-lights. Idiots.
    "...no hobby should either seek or need rational justification. To find reasons why it is useful or beneficial converts it at once from an avocation into an industry, lowers it at once to the ignominious category of an exercise undertaken for health, power or profit."
    -Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by guroo270 View Post
    A good waiter or waitress will be by your table to ask how everything is
    reminds me of the old joke: a waiter in a deli walked up to a table where 4-Jewish women were seated and asked " Is anything OK?"

^That's not a joke... it's a true story.

btw, that was your post number 3000 and I love that line.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!