Page 146 of 226 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    Costco has them on sale pretty regularly. Although my next Costco trip is going to include a Braun electric razor as I’m getting sick of shaving with a razor. Been over 30 years since I’ve had an electric razor and I’m hoping they are better these day. If not, back to Costco it goes and I grab another pack of Gillette cartridges.
    Yeah, I used an electric until 1999 or so and it sucked shit. If I didn't shave every day, it was a recipe for horrendous razor burn. Don't miss that at all. Please report back with your results.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When you all talk about safety razors I assume you mean the single double-edge blade razors where you twist the handle to open the razor to change blades. The only kind there was when I started shaving. Or are you talking about straight razors, like barbers and metrosexuals use.
    Yep, I'm talking about the kind of razors where if you have a Craftsman house of the right vintage, there's a pile of used blades in the bathroom wall.

Shave soap over the canned stuff for sure, the canned stuff just seems like a massive waste of packaging. I was using Mug Shaving Soap until it was killed off a year or two ago, now I just use whatever glycerin shave soap is cheap. No brush though, just smear the soap on my face in the shower and hack away. Might need to change my technique if I switch to a safety razor.

A mug, a brush, nice shaving soap, and a twin blade handle. It’s such a nice close shave I only do it every other day.

"photo for the algorithm": does that really work, and make the post show in more feeds?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So I'm doing an Audible free-trial but plan to cancel. Not really my thing. But before I do, I get to choose 2 titles to listen to and own. I think book one is going to be the Charles Mingus autobiography. But I need suggestions for book 2... maybe some good, easy or compelling story telling and plot - preferably fiction. Science Fiction wouldn't be bad but not locked into that. What you got?

How come dollars are sometimes referred to as bucks? Where'd that come from?
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Bonus points of I can read your rambling non answer in an Abe Simpson voice
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

The story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Then I needed a new heel for my shoe so I took the ferry to Morganville - which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. It cost a nickel, and back then nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones. So, there's an interesting story behind this nickel... In nineteen-fifty-seven I remember it was, I got up in the morning, and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to three, medium brown... like a buckskin jacket. My great grampy once traded six buckskins for a case of whisky. That's fifty two ounces per hide! But now they want to use the metric system... that's the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it.

Buck = Deerskin=Unit of $value
    Seeker of Truth. Dispenser of Wisdom. Protector of the Weak. Avenger of Evil.

Random Unthreadworthy Questions

Anyone have a solution for viewing all the instagram links posted here, that doesn’t require some version of a (fuck Zuckerberg) Meta account?

Quote Originally Posted by CarlMega View Post
    So I'm doing an Audible free-trial but plan to cancel. Not really my thing. But before I do, I get to choose 2 titles to listen to and own. I think book one is going to be the Charles Mingus autobiography. But I need suggestions for book 2... maybe some good, easy or compelling story telling and plot - preferably fiction. Science Fiction wouldn't be bad but not locked into that. What you got?
    Excellent first choice. The last time I loaned out my copy, my friend had to by his own just to own it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Yup, just blow it off. Grand scheme of things, doesn’t matter a darn anyhow.

Why is there no national standard on twisties?
    Bread, vegetable, whatever bags should always be twisted in the same way, top to back to tighten, top to forward to loosen.

This random twisty shit is for military juntas
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I think it just depends if a production worker is right or left handed. That’s what I always assumed. Or maybe they reverse in order to postpone carpal tunnel?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I think it just depends if a production worker is right or left handed. That’s what I always assumed. Or maybe they reverse in order to postpone carpal tunnel?
    No production worker is doing that, it would be automated equipment. Unless by production worker you mean at the corner bakery?

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    Yeah, I used an electric until 1999 or so and it sucked shit. If I didn't shave every day, it was a recipe for horrendous razor burn. Don't miss that at all. Please report back with your results.
    Picked up a Braun Series 9 sport from Costco for $50 off. I’ve only used it 3 times so far but it’s way better than I expected. I knew I’d be giving up a bit of the closeness of the shave but it’s does a good job. I was afraid of razor burn but I’ve had zero issues so far even with a couple of days growth. Still trying different things like before or after showering and wet or dry shaving to dial in the best results. Overall very pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    How come dollars are sometimes referred to as bucks? Where'd that come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    Bonus points of I can read your rambling non answer in an Abe Simpson voice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    The story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Then I needed a new heel for my shoe so I took the ferry to Morganville - which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. It cost a nickel, and back then nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. I didn't have any white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones. So, there's an interesting story behind this nickel... In nineteen-fifty-seven I remember it was, I got up in the morning, and made myself a piece of toast. I set the toaster to three, medium brown... like a buckskin jacket. My great grampy once traded six buckskins for a case of whisky. That's fifty two ounces per hide! But now they want to use the metric system... that's the tool of the devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead and that's the way I likes it.
    Perfect

Although it is also in dispute.
    Sawbucks perhaps?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/why-d...b0b745f178a273

I never read about passing the buck. The poker game idea is fascinating.

Why do people shave?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why do people shave?
    To distance themselves from monkeys and gorillas.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Why do people shave?
    Chicks dig it. Plus I like to share my startlingly pleasant face with everyone. It makes people feel good.

Why do people shave?

It gets that nasty chin hair out of our mustache.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pdx View Post
    That depends of course on your beard and if you used any shaving cream/gel or electric shave lubricant on your face. The wet dry can actually handle a bit of gel, or shave with the skin wet like after a shower.

Why do people shave?
    My "beard" is a patchy scraggly mess. Growing it out just makes me looks like a homeless person.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Chicks dig it. Plus I like to share my startlingly pleasant face with everyone. It makes people feel good.
    If I shave my stache and chin all the women I’ve been with complain that I give them razor burn on their face and/or labia. It’s only soft and smooth for a couple hours after shaving. So I leave the goatee and shave everything else with a beard trimmer once every couple of weeks. I do use a little beard oil sometimes, sweetbippy likes that