Page 13 of 929 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by pappag View Post
    I actually posted SKIING stoke around here.

Do people even ski on this forum or is all a bunch of old pussies?
    I baked with Bobby
    And my stokes ain't broke
    Dont
    U has sum skanky hoe daddy issue pics to share? Along with yur all lines out trolling attempts
    Wife's says ihc isn't going to force the vaccine on employees
    But if you git sick you don't git sick pay
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    With everything, its not that simple.

Case in point, my entire family are all currently fervent Trump supporters. Funny thing is they weren't 4 years ago, just conservative McCain/Romney types that "hated" him, but by now it's a disease that spread.

However, my older parents/aunts/uncles are chomping at the bit to get the vaccine and are actually super stoked for it, even half my younger cousins. Actually, its just my retarded brother and one cousin that is on the vax is bad train.

Either way, its all very confusing and I'm super glad I've had this excuse for T-giving and xmas to not to have to go home!
    50% of the people in this country have been vaccine adverse for a lot longer than Trump has been around. Look at the crowd that goes into a fetal position when it comes to vaccinating their kids, how long has that been happening? Also the people that tried to link MMR to Autism, that was long before Trump...

FWIW CNBC just released a poll that 68% of people will take or are leaning toward taking the vaccine. That plus the non takers that have had it get us well over 70%.

As usual, Michael Mina knows what's up.

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/...06625896566786

Cliff Notes: The published protective effect after one dose is 52% three weeks after injection. However, protection only kicks in after roughly 2 weeks (see the line separation on the Pfizer incidence curves) so the real protection is likely underestimated from that analysis. This information will have little bearing on our dosing strategy considering Pfizer will submit and gain approval for a two-dose regimen for which the data strongly support presumably via further maturation of B and T cell species. However, functionally the single shot could set us up nicely while the second rolls out 21 days later.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/2AnTl97Td2lJ/

What the man states as factual is why so much distrust exists.
    riser4 - Ignore me! Please!

Kenny Satch - With pleasure

I searched the thread a couple times and did not see an answer.

A quick internet search explained why we will need to continue wearing masks after immunization. Even though we are immunized the virus could still find a home in our nasal passages and be passed by a sneeze. Current research has focused on the vaccines ability to protect the individual, but not on how it slows/stops potential transmission if some virus takes hold in nasal passages. Please correct anything my short hand has gotten wrong.

So this seems like a difficult factor to assess. Until the answer is known or a sufficient part of the population is vaccinated medical experts are asking people to continue masking and social distancing. So the question for those who know: how difficult is it to assess the transmission risk for those who have been vaccinated and how long could it take to answer?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgdhp

U.S. health officials say authorization is imminent for Pfizer coronavirus vaccine.
    Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar said Friday the Trump administration has informed Pfizer it intends to authorize its coronavirus vaccine for emergency use in the coming days.

Alex Azar standing in front of a flag: Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar speaks during a discussion about upcoming Covid-19 vaccines at the University of South Carolina School of Medicine.

Azar added that the first doses could be administered by early next week after federal officials put the finishing touches on warning labels and factual information for providers.

“The FDA informed Pfizer that they do intend to proceed towards an authorization for their vaccine,” Azar said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.” “So in the next couple of days, probably, as we work to negotiate with Pfizer the information doctors need to prescribe it appropriately, we should be seeing the authorization of this first vaccine.”

An independent FDA advisory committee on Thursday voted to recommend use of the Pfizer vaccine for people aged 16 and older. The panel’s recommendation is nonbinding, but the agency’s top vaccine official, Peter Marks, has stated that the FDA could grant its blessing in a matter of days.

Marks issued a statement with FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn on Friday morning confirming Azar’s announcement, and saying that the agency “will rapidly work toward finalization and issuance of an emergency use authorization.”

The two officials added that they have also notified the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Trump administration’s Operation Warp Speed, so that it can gear up for the distribution effort.

Once granted, the distribution of the first vaccine against Covid-19 in the United States would be a significant step toward ending the pandemic, which has killed nearly 290,000 Americans this year.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    25% are antivaxxers...that's scary. If that trend is nationwide we're going to be looking at a long time before there is herd immunity
    There needs to be some kind of carrot to get these people onboard and it really needs to be financial. I'd be willing to bet that losing out on a few thousand dollars would be enough to test just how strongly many anti-vaxxers hold their beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    There needs to be some kind of carrot to get these people onboard and it really needs to be financial. I'd be willing to bet that losing out on a few thousand dollars would be enough to test just how strongly many anti-vaxxers hold their beliefs.
    Wonder what happens if you get multiple vaccines? You know, just to rack up on the bonus bucks.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    Wonder what happens if you get multiple vaccines? You know, just to rack up on the bonus bucks.
    They'll use the extra cash to fund Antifa and they might make it to your home town this time.

Would you take a vaccine with this side effect profile?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 8.34.16 AM.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	352364

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    So this seems like a difficult factor to assess. Until the answer is known or a sufficient part of the population is vaccinated medical experts are asking people to continue masking and social distancing. So the question for those who know: how difficult is it to assess the transmission risk for those who have been vaccinated and how long could it take to answer?
    Excellent question and I'm wondering the same exact thing. Hope we get some answers on that soon. Will likely know more after a significant portion of the population has been inoculated.

Either way though, at SOME point in the (hopefully near) future, we're going to have to accept the fact that individuals will simply have to assess their own risk factors and act accordingly. Every day we step out the door, we ALL do a base level risk assessment on a subconcious level. Do you choose to take your bike, motorcycle, car, bus or train to work? Each have varying levels of risk vs reward. Riding your bike is good for the environment and for your health, but WAY more dangerous. So many of us say "worth it anyway." The same applies to illness in years past. Cold and flu season's always sucked. Yet we braved the urban wilderness (and our office buildings) because we have to earn a living. We have to live our social lives. We assessed those risks versus the rewards. To use my car vs bike analogy, it still applies to protecting others as well. Should 99% of the people who drive cars NOT choose their own mode of transportation for the safety of the 1% of those who bike to work?

Perhaps trying to figure out what the hell we as a society should do about COVID is the modern day "Trolley Problem"? An ethical and psychological dilemma as old as time. Hmm....

Agree on the cash incentive. Lot of greedy or financially desperate folks out there. But I also am hopeful that the employer mandates will help indirectly. Many ‘Mericans struggle with statistics and often don’t accept X (eg the Gays!!1!) until it comes inside their immediate circle. This tendency predates the ‘fake news’ Trump strategy. So increasingly they will know someone who grudgingly got the shots in order to keep a job....and is totally fine of course.

I hope this more than counteracts the social media BS about the statistical outliers with adverse reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post

The amusing thing is the ‘adverse effects’ like ‘tiredness’ seen in placebo studies.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I searched the thread a couple times and did not see an answer.

A quick internet search explained why we will need to continue wearing masks after immunization. Even though we are immunized the virus could still find a home in our nasal passages and be passed by a sneeze. Current research has focused on the vaccines ability to protect the individual, but not on how it slows/stops potential transmission if some virus takes hold in nasal passages. Please correct anything my short hand has gotten wrong.

It's been discussed several times in multiple threads. Studies are being planned to test recipients of vaccines for asymptomatic virus. Pfizer and Moderna only tested symptomatic people. AZ tested everyone but results aren't out. How long will it take to know--for the first two, however long it takes for someone to do the study. We'll have to wait a while (hopefully many years) to know how long the vaccine protects against symptomatic and asymptomatic infection. How long we'll have to wear masks and follow restrictions will depend on how quickly and significantly the case numbers drop. Presumably restrictions will be eased progressively, starting with the ones that have the most negative impact--like schools, with masks being the last thing to go since their negative impact is close to zero. Antifa will likely keep wearing them indefinitely.

Depending on what the vaccine is for and how long the side effects last--presumably a day or two--yes.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    The amusing thing is the ‘adverse effects’ like ‘tiredness’ seen in placebo studies.
    Fun fact. That IS the placebo arm (from the Pfizer trial). Here's the comparator graph btw placebo and Tx;

https://www.nejm.org/doi/pdf/10.1056...icleTools=true
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.23.02 AM.png
Views: 662
Size:  114.0 KB

Fun fact. That IS the placebo arm (from the Pfizer trial).
    I had a hunch it might be from one of these studies

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    I had a hunch it might be from one of these studies
    The number of people walking around with routine diarrhea is a little disturbing.

Well the McRib is back.

The number of people walking around with routine diarrhea is a little disturbing.
    Strong correlation with ingestion of 7-11 hot dogs, or anyone eating at Arby's.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    It's been discussed several times in multiple threads. Studies are being planned to test recipients of vaccines for asymptomatic virus. Pfizer and Moderna only tested symptomatic people. AZ tested everyone but results aren't out. How long will it take to know--for the first two, however long it takes for someone to do the study. We'll have to wait a while (hopefully many years) to know how long the vaccine protects against symptomatic and asymptomatic infection. How long we'll have to wear masks and follow restrictions will depend on how quickly and significantly the case numbers drop. Presumably restrictions will be eased progressively, starting with the ones that have the most negative impact--like schools, with masks being the last thing to go since their negative impact is close to zero. Antifa will likely keep wearing them indefinitely.

Depending on what the vaccine is for and how long the side effects last--presumably a day or two--yes.
    I assumed it had, but a search did not turn it up and lately I check in on these threads less frequently. Appreciate the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Well the McRib is back.
    Things are really starting to turn around!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Well the McRib is back.
    Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Sounds like there is still so much we DON'T know about this virus, but yet humanity is trying to throw a whole mess of resources at it with some wins and probably many fails that are not reported.

The vaccine still seems rushed to me especially now considering a vaccine being developed in Australia has been shown to create a false positive HIV result. Weird.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australia...072111768.html

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Sounds like there is still so much we DON'T know about this virus, but yet humanity is trying to throw a whole mess of resources at it with some wins and probably many fails that are not reported.

The vaccine still seems rushed to me especially now considering a vaccine being developed in Australia has been shown to create a false positive HIV result. Weird.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australia...072111768.html
    And that failed vaccine, in trials, demonstrates exactly why there are trials. Yes, the vaccines are being rushed as people are dying at accelerated rates. But they're still being taken through the trials and examined closely by third party experts. Soon we will have much broader 'trials' as they're dispersed throughout the broader community and by the time most of us are up for our turn, we'll have that much broader base of knowledge. All systems go so far as I'm concerned.