Page 20 of 117 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2021/2022

I heard Chris Rose mention the possibility of a second Chicago team in part with any expansion.

Who in Chicago would all of a sudden say, yeah, screw these miserable Bears and their history, I'm going for the new guys in town.

This isn't L.A. for petessake.
    I still call it The Jake.

Yeah I grew up just down tracks from Arlington as well. Went and played the ponies once or twice. They've been talking about this happening for a long time. I have mixed feelings but it would be kinda weird to hop the train OUT of the city to go to the game.

Also no matter how bad(and it's pretty bad right now) the bears are theres still no fucking way bears fans are jumping ship. Hopefully it's more a move to make the organization look more profitable so when the old bat kicks it the kids can sell it to someone who actually gives a fuck about winning....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I heard Chris Rose mention the possibility of a second Chicago team in part with any expansion.

Who in Chicago would all of a sudden say, yeah, screw these miserable Bears and their history, I'm going for the new guys in town.

This isn't L.A. for petessake.
    Yeah, I used to live in Chicago and have family back there...hence the ties to the Bears. I wouldn't actually stop being a fan...that said, I hate the idea of moving them to Arlington.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Arlington Bears, Santa Clara 49ers, probably some others I'm forgetting, it's a trend that's unlikely to reverse.

The Jets tried to move back to NYC (Manhattan) during the Bloomberg years and made it deep into the extremely political process. Then Sheldon "I'm in prison" Silver in the state leg took a shit on it. I was most bummed.

Jags v Bengals has been surprisingly enjoyable!

Gronk out vs Patriots. Bummer.

Ok the Adelle commercial with Brady and Bellacheat is hilarious.. Needs a side of Gronk though..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Gronk - busted ribs. Out for weeks. Fuck my fantasy football team!

Giselle and Tom hanging out at our local tonight before the game. So your saying there a chance!!!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Should I bother to watch the Eagles today? I am a fan, but I could do something prolly less painful: practice walking on glass, run full speed into a tree, belly flop off the high dive…I’m sure there’s other stuff too…

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

LOL Urban Meyer getting out of Jacksonville in 3,2,1...

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    Should I bother to watch the Eagles today? I am a fan, but I could do something prolly less painful: practice walking on glass, run full speed into a tree, belly flop off the high dive…I’m sure there’s other stuff too…

The drink the depression away thread is here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Yeah I grew up just down tracks from Arlington as well. Went and played the ponies once or twice. They've been talking about this happening for a long time. I have mixed feelings but it would be kinda weird to hop the train OUT of the city to go to the game.

Also no matter how bad(and it's pretty bad right now) the bears are theres still no fucking way bears fans are jumping ship. Hopefully it's more a move to make the organization look more profitable so when the old bat kicks it the kids can sell it to someone who actually gives a fuck about winning....

Sorry, this is a delayed response, but regarding trains to/from games in Arlington...sure, you could maybe do that, but remember when they played in Champaign for a year? we tried to take Amtrak down there a few times, trains don't hold nearly enough people for it to be viable...and they have a hard time running more trains out there in addition to their regular commuter trains...it's an equipment availability thing paired with sharing the corridor with freight rail. Maybe the Bears could purchase some more trains for Metra for game days.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I feel like traffic couldn't suck any worse than game day in the city. I always got up early to hop the first train from either Palatine or Barrington since they filled up so quick and then grabbed food/booze at hotel bars near the stadium till game time. I saw an article about season ticket holder location and top 5 were all suburbs. The worst was trying to catch the last train on Sunday night games while making sure you had enough whiskey and popeye's for the ride home.

Also for the first time in awhile I debated even watching the game today. Worrying about losing to the browns(no offense Bmills) AND the lions......ooh boy gonna be a long season.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    LOL Urban Meyer’s soon to be ex wife getting out of Jacksonville in 3,2,1...
    Fixed. Urb done fucked up.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

His next "health" issue might be the huge divorce settlement rammed up his ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    How big is TB's pool house? They could live in the pool house with AB.
    I think you mean Jeter's pool house?

Is AB still there? I know he was last season but haven't heard much this year and assumed he got his own place?

Pleasant surprise, Bills game on TV in Vermont where we rented a house.

Go Bills!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Melanie Collins is on the sidelines for the Browns - Viqueens game. I think I'm going to have to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    His next "health" issue might be the huge divorce settlement rammed up his ass.
    Heh. Yep.

40 points. 5 takeaways. 0 points allowed, and the second shutout of the year .

FKNA - bring on the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post

They did what good teams do against an inferior opponent.

-Moss + Motor was pretty effective.
    -Texans had 109 yds
    -Knox really playing well
    -Spencer Brown looked good at RT
    -Ed Oliver taking kids lunch money

Hoping the Milano injury isn’t bad and they pulled him as a precaution. We’ll need him next week.

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post

Bout time they became a decent regular season team again.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Packers doing great today. Kicking ass on Steelers, but Steelers are playing real well too, just not getting on the scoreboard much. Fun game for a non-fan to watch.

As usual, 94 y/o Mom is in full Packers nut mode. Has her Bluetooth earmuffs on and is yelling at her 72 inch screen. Too funny.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters