Wireless earbuds for riding

Apple Airpods fit my ears perfectly, but the lack of volume control on the earbuds is a real bummer. Yes, there is Siri to control volume, but she's not a very good listener and she doesn't work many places that I ride. If they could only have made a press and hold option for volume control. Any good alternatives that fit like the Airpods, but have volume control.

I have no experience with airpods, but I love my Jaybird's.

https://www.jaybirdsport.com/en-us

Can pause, skip, take calls, volume, etc. I use them when skiing, and in my moto helmet. There is an app for changing tone profiles and probably some other stuff too. Really nice sound.

The Jabra active earbuds get high marks on Wirecutter. I’ve been debating a pair for the gym, and maybe for some rides.

I have some Jabra active elite 65’s that I’d sell for a decent price. They sound amazing but don’t fit my ears well.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jerlane View Post
    I have some Jabra active elite 65’s that I’d sell for a decent price. They sound amazing but don’t fit my ears well.

Ironically, they're the only ones (I've tried) that fit my ears well enough to feel confident riding with them.

I typically control with either Google Voice or a smart-watch.

I use the Beatsx. They’re really small and I like the tether. I hang them around my neck when not in use.
    I’ve know of a lot people loosing AirPods.

I use Aftershokz Titanium. They stay on well. The pause/play button and volume controls are easily accessible even while wearing a ski helmet or bike helmet. I’m able to control it even while wearing ski gloves, but that takes a little familiarity. The battery life is great and I haven’t had trouble with blue tooth connectivity. I really like them for skiing and biking because they use bone conduction technology, which means they don’t go in your ear and therefore do not block out ambient noise. I feel like I’m a probably a little safer and more courteous being able to hear what’s going on around me while listening. I’ve even used them hunting where it is so quiet I can use them on super low volume and still hear everything around me. I prefer other things if I’m looking for noise canceling or noise reducing.

I was in a WalMart last year and saw these https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Hea...9362597&sr=8-3 that were only 35 bucks, so I said, wtf. Only use them for the gym, not riding, but I'm a roadie, so that's not really smart. They're great, the hooks keep them solidly in place, and have a lot of controls built in. Just a little touchy connecting at times. Cheap.

I have Shure SE215's with the wireless cable. Don't often ride with earbuds, but if you want to they stay on ear and clip to a shirt very well