Page 15 of 929 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I was there. But I avoided Canadiens.
    Alors, i don't blame you^^ cuz even the real french will avoid the Canadiens and if spoken to by a Quebecios

they will reply in hinglish
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm not sure why all the hand-wringing about whether people will take the vaccine. It's going to be a long time--probably longer than most commentators are predicting--before there's enough vaccine for everyone who wants a shot, let alone the reluctant. The great majority of HCWs and nursing home patients and other very high risk people will get it, which should ease the hospital crisis fairly quickly. By the time everyone who now wants a shot gets one the reluctant wll have seen that it works, that it's safe, and will get the shot, especially if there are negative consequences besides getting sick for not getting one--maybe not everyone, but enough that we can go back to living life (until the virus mutates enough or until the next pandemic).
    We've already gone from 38% saying they will take it to near 70% who will take it once they see other people take it safely. Sheeple I have no doubt that 70% will take it, especially when it becomes required for travel, work, school, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Alors, i don't blame you^^ cuz even the real french will avoid the Canadiens and if spoken to by a Quebecios

they will reply in hinglish
    t'Aunt Piss or quel fromage!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Wifey is getting the vaccine next week. I'll report in here and let the Nancy's know how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I've always been kinda curious about your hard-on to do battle with the mythical antifa that was/is gonna invade your town.

I mean, if those scary people that you think require full-on armament to confront are anti-fascists, what does that make you?

If you're not a fascist, you wouldn't haveta be skeereda them there marauding antifa that you need all them there guns, wouldja?

Well, other than the fact that huge bands of marauding antifa burned the entire towns of Mollala and Forks down, killed all the menfolk, sold all the wimmen into white slavery and butchered the children to harvest their adrenal glands.

But lemme guess: you would never ever ever consider yourself a fascist, but you lurrrrve the idea of authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy. Amirite?

In that kind of society, I'm gonna guess you, your wife and your daughter wouldn't have a choice on whether you would get Vaccinated or Not.
    Yo, Bub.....you know goddam good and well that you can't be talking that much shit without giving a whole lot of thoughts and prayers to the good lord jeezuz, honoring his martyrdom for the freedom fighters here to kill antifa in the name of god and wall street. He kicked the money traders out of the temple to make room for armed militias and did a gofundme in god's name. Got like three million hits day one. He gave three hundred bucks to the militias and went golfing after saying, 'You're on your own." Fuck yaah.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Okay, had to fact check that. He honeymooned in Mexico and traveled to Israel and China prior to his presidency, along with some other short stints in other countries. This is the alleged list:

According to Bush staffers, George W. Bush had visited these countries
    before becoming President:

Bermuda
    Canada
    China
    Egypt
    England
    France
    Gambia
    Israel
    Italy
    Mexico
    Scotland

Now, consider my source of this, an old Google Answers thread from 2004 so not verified but one that is verified through another source is his honeymoon in Mexico so, there's that.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=427087
    We sheeeit. Guess I had that very wrong. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Yo, Bub.....you know goddam good and well that you can't be talking that much shit without giving a whole lot of thoughts and prayers to the good lord jeezuz, honoring his martyrdom for the freedom fighters here to kill antifa in the name of god and wall street. He kicked the money traders out of the temple to make room for armed militias and did a gofundme in god's name. Got like three million hits day one. He gave three hundred bucks to the militias and went golfing after saying, 'You're on your own." Fuck yaah.

I'm picturing an Arab-looking Joe Rogan with a righteous mane & night vision gear. Fuck yeah. Gonna betamag through sum 5.56 Freedom seeds this weekend!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7zy6xtT.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	643.6 KB 
ID:	352465
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Pfizer approved. Release the hounds!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    i'm betting in future if/ when the world ever gets Covid under control, many countries will not let an unvacinated person in SO Anti-vaxxers will be stuck in their country ?
    Most don’t have a passport anyway. Mark of the beast etc.

PG ... that’s propaganda. Choose your sources better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldMember View Post
    Okay, had to fact check that. He honeymooned in Mexico and traveled to Israel and China prior to his presidency, along with some other short stints in other countries. This is the alleged list:

According to Bush staffers, George W. Bush had visited these countries
    before becoming President:

Bermuda
    Canada
    China
    Egypt
    England
    France
    Gambia
    Israel
    Italy
    Mexico
    Scotland

Now, consider my source of this, an old Google Answers thread from 2004 so not verified but one that is verified through another source is his honeymoon in Mexico so, there's that.

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=427087
    We sheeeit. Guess I had that very wrong. My bad

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Diseases buying Facebook ads!

Haha as if...

I'm sure it's Andrew Wakefield approved.

PG ... that’s propaganda. Choose your drugs better.
    FIFY

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

Pfizer approved. Release the hounds!!
    Not quite yet probably.......I am sure there is some more red tape to further delay the actual delivery of the vaccine into arms...

It “is” the weekend and those old bastards need to rest up. They seem to like the drama of playing it out to get the public outrage of “what’s taking them so long”...(which I believe they have achieved already)

God forbid a meeting on the weekend....or a Monday....or any weekday before noon.
    Last edited by BC.; 12-12-2020 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    FIFY
    I know, right? He's giving PCP a bad name.

To Vaccinate or Not---The Rat Flu Odyssey Continues

As a healthy 20-something year old I’m at the back of line, so I won’t be able to get a jab til late next year probably.

Out of curiosity, something I haven’t seen discussed here is the possibility of long-term auto-immune side effects from an mRNA vaccine. The whole point (as I understand it) is that mRNA vaccines in some ways act like a virus itself, by hijacking the bodies cells to make proteins that look like the virus, but aren’t, to stimulate an immune response and create antibodies that will recognize the virus, which looks like the proteins the vaccine helped create.

What happens if that keeps going on (or messes with cell reproduction in unexpected ways)? Maybe not true but I feel like I recall reading something about part of the reason why COVID is a bitch is because various parts of the virus have a lot similarities to human proteins. Which would lend even more concern to auto immune questions, or the body becoming confused about what proteins/cells are and aren’t intruders.

Saying that the vaccine is “safe and effective” because there are no serious side effects 6 months later doesn’t really mean anything. If you injected 30,000 healthy people with the HIV virus, you wouldn’t have serious side effects in anyone for 5-10 years, let along 6 months. Does that mean HIV is safe? No. Lots of auto immune disorders are incredibly slow. And we really don’t understand what causes many of them. People with MS likely “have it” long before they actually become aware of what’s happening. We don’t know what causes that, what causes ALS, what causes most auto immune conditions.

As others mentioned, no mRNA vaccine has ever gotten out of animal trials. We have safety profiles for traditional vaccines, and with those we basically know that if you don’t see any issues right away, the vaccine is likely safe, because we have decades long safety profiles and thoroughly understand them and how they effect the body. There are hardly short term safety profiles for mRNA vaccines (creating them as we speak), let alone medium term or long term safety profiles for mRNA vaccines.

Personally, I may consider waiting for a traditional vaccine technology option for COVID. I’d have 0 qualms about taking one. The Astrozenica one (not mRNA, but still new tech) also seems (on the surface) like it may have less possibility of long term unintended side effects. mRNA vaccines are an unknown, and there is no way around that. That doesn’t mean that they are dangerous, or will cause any long term problems in any way, but I’d be curious if anyone can explain, or has a scientific study/paper that can explain why there isn’t a risk of long term problems? Because if there are long term side effects that show up in 2-10 years, the world is completely and totally fucked. Imagine if 70% of the population gets a chronic auto immune condition. It’ll make 2020 look like a rough first day of preschool.

There’s a reason the FDA usually takes agonizingly long to approve any medical procedure, drug, treatment, vaccine, etc. Even when it’s extremely clear that it’s safe/effective/not that complicated how it works.

I may be totally off base, perhaps because mRNA is so fragile, and not DNA, it gets worked out of the system shortly after it causes the cells to create the antibodies? And there is no possibility of lingering affects on cellular reproduction?

I’m certainly not an anti-vaxxer, I got my flu shot yesterday. Not because I’m concerned if o catch the flu, but because I understand that vaccinating everyone, even those not at risk, provides protection for the vulnerable and makes the entire population healthier. I understand they are clearly extremely beneficial and important to society. And I’’m planning on getting a COVID jab. Maybe not an mRNA one though. I would like to have some reasonable scientific assurance that the above concerns aren’t valid before I’d take an mRNA one.

And I’m not talking about the current societal impetus/need for a vaccine now because of the current death toll, economic problems, etc. I understand it. I have plenty of friends and extended family who work in hospitals. I’m aware of the COVID hell that’s going on. But I question whether this current hell, where mostly people over the average life expectancy are the ones dying (not that that is okay), would be better than risking the entire population’s health with something that we don’t really know how it will affect us long term? Maybe there isn’t a risk. I don’t know. It seems that using the mRNA vaccines for the elderly and high-risk people now, makes a ton of sense, because the virus is a much bigger threat to them and they don’t really have nearly the same concern of whether the vaccine could cause problems 5-10 years from now. Doing so will relieve a huge majority of the burden off the health care system and ICU units, and allow them to cope with fringe cases in the non-at risk population. And give time with masks and social distancing to A) develop traditional vaccines and/or B) create a longer safety profile for mRNA vaccines before giving it to every single person... Beyond that, I don’t know if society is being hasty...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile..../idUKKBN27E0GD
    Last edited by Muggydude; 12-12-2020 at 08:30 AM.

Name:  i_just_dont_trust_them.jpeg
Views: 880
Size:  15.8 KB
    I believe in getting immunity the old-fashioned way: By letting a bat virus take control of my lungs and turn my face into a disgusting plague fountain while my immune system desperately Googles 'how to make spike protein antibodies'

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Haha as if...

I'm sure it's Andrew Wakefield approved.
    Wasn't he the "other guy" in Wham?

Muggydude--according to this https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/10/o...us-relief.html the mRNA makes one copy of the spike protein and is then destroyed. Unlike DNA, mRNA is not self replicating. Once each molecule mRNA in the 2 doses has produced one molecule of spike protein, no more protein is produced to elicit an ongoing immune reaction. Unlike a live virus infection like HIV infection, no part of the vaccine induced immune process is replicating--unless and until the subject is exposed to live coronavirus, in which case the immune reaction kicks and my producing more antibody and killer T cells.

All vaccines and natural infections produce an immune response. Your concern is that vaccination could produce an autoimmune response, and there is some evidence that it can https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...%E2%80%9397%5D
    but keep in mind that natural infection can do the same thing--because it produces the same immune response as vaccination.

Waiting for a "traditional" vaccine would not protect you from an autoimmune reaction. The swine flu vaccine caused Guillain Barre Syndrome in 1/100,000 recipients. Influenza itself can cause GBS.

There is no guarantee that there will be a "traditional" vaccine. The Sanofi-GSK recombinant protein vaccine--which uses a technology currently used in some flu vaccines--is delayed due to lack of an immune response in older people. The vaccine is being reformulated to increase the antigen dose, but by the time it is ready for phase 3 trials it may be difficult to recruit volunteers when a proven vaccine is already available. The same problem confronts any vaccine that is not already in Phase 3.

If you aren't vaccinated the odds are very high that you will be infected with SARS-CoV-2 with the risk of death, permanent disability, or the induction of an autoimmune disease.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Name:  i_just_dont_trust_them.jpeg
Views: 880
Size:  15.8 KB
    I believe in getting immunity the old-fashioned way: By letting a bat virus take control of my lungs and turn my face into a disgusting plague fountain while my immune system desperately Googles 'how to make spike protein antibodies'
    I have friends who over a month later still don't have all or any sense of smell back. Fortunately, that seems to be the only lingering thing.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Relieved to see my high risk MIL who is in an assisted living home will be getting the V soon.

After spending most of the last year taking care of many, many incredibly acutely ill Covid-19 patients in my ICU, many of whom are now dead?

Fuck yeah I'm getting it. Most of my fellow RNs and the techs, and pretty much all the Docs say the same.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper