Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    I agree Revelstoke is somewhat overrated, you can't deny there's a lot of fucking around (out AND back) for relatively short stints of vert (unless Kill the Banker goes), the cliffs and many sidehits do make it enjoyable however.

Kicking Horse, not overrated. Why you hating, because you need to go to the bottom every lap? There's something wrong with you if you don't like fast and empty Wiley Coyote groomer laps with it's many poppy knolls and one big knoll to finish.

XXXer's only hating on Whistler/Blackcomb because he was stuck lower down on rainy Creekside during what was an EPIC 2 weeks of pow and no crowds up high during the 2010 Olympics.

Castle Mtn, now THAT'S overrated around here. I do enjoy the banter back and forth between us haters (Waxman, Teamdirt, myself)...and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Funny how many are saying park city/DV. I'm not defending them, but I didn't think anyone actually thought they were good anyway. haha
    I've seen some smokeshows at DV. So it's got that going, along with the fresh flowers in the bathrooms. Sure the skiing is ok at Alta but it's chock full of dirtbags who steal skis and it's women are homely.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Holy fuck it needs to start snowing. stupid thread is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    never made it to NWX? and next time hike to the summit, very few gapers there

for Oregon areas, Skibowl is way overrated
    Oh man, I’m of the opinion the ski owl is the best hill in Oregon. If only it was a little higher.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I agree Revelstoke is somewhat overrated, you can't deny there's a lot of fucking around (out AND back) for relatively short stints of vert (unless Kill the Banker goes), the cliffs and many sidehits do make it enjoyable however.

Kicking Horse, not overrated. Why you hating, because you need to go to the bottom every lap? There's something wrong with you if you don't like fast and empty Wiley Coyote groomer laps with it's many poppy knolls and one big knoll to finish.

XXXer's only hating on Whistler/Blackcomb because he was stuck lower down on rainy Creekside during what was an EPIC 2 weeks of pow and no crowds up high during the 2010 Olympics.

Castle Mtn, now THAT'S overrated around here. I do enjoy the banter back and forth between us haters (Waxman, Teamdirt, myself)...and everyone else.
    we were at treeline actualy working on skis as opposed to skiing, but if it was snowing any designated days off were canceled to instead be raking/shoveling/running a snow blower at 3am.

I would rather ski revy/ KH/ Rogers pass than whislter
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    we were at treeline actualy working on skis as opposed to skiing, but if it was snowing any designated days off were canceled to instead be raking/shoveling/running a snow blower at 3am.
    So you didn't really ski the whole place and the vibe was during the Olympics?

Just curious.. I completely understand how the place might not be to someone's taste, too busy, too resorty, too many tourists, it rained a bit when I was there etc.

Rogers pass
    I thought we were talking about ski "areas" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

it eventualy did quit snowing and we got some days on the hill

I also worked the 08 WC where I was a steward so I got more skiing in, my last day after being rear ended in the morning on a cat track up high , i was disillusioned with the whole mega resort thing so i left at 2 or 3 in the afternoon, I gave my lift ticket to a drunk in the parking garage on creekside ...nice eh

Rogers pass is between Revy and KH so I think of it as a ski area

maybe a matter of perception

Up here we have the Hankin Evelyn BC ski area

an area with no staff no chairs no lift ticket no crowds

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    after being rear ended in the morning on a cat track up high
    Were they drunk? Some people are really irresponsible about that kind of thing.

I gave my lift ticket to a drunk in the parking garage on creekside ...nice eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I've seen some smokeshows at DV. So it's got that going, along with the fresh flowers in the bathrooms. Sure the skiing is ok at Alta but it's chock full of dirtbags who steal skis and it's women are homely.
    It is nice that DV employees will literally bend over backwards for ya too, they're obligated to be overly nice.

So... looks like that about covers them all...

Any questions?
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

It is nice that DV employees will literally bend over backwards for ya
    If only you could get the smokeshows to bend over forward for ya it would be perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Can confirm that alpine Olympic skiing was EEEEEEEPPPPIC MAAAAATE

Are we saying overrated by fellow maggots or as rated by Ski magazine which is a shit rag?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

6 pages in and nobody talks about the soup. This is an important criteria even the major magazines miss.

Who cares if conditions are shitty, learn to ski them.

Good point.

Unfortunately, in general, I find the West Coast soups to be lacking. The chicken noodle soup at Mammoth is very overrated. Too much salt, yet still lacking in flavor....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	914A1F2B-C316-433D-A087-E31E26A29EAC.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	441.2 KB 
ID:	301397

However, the slopeside soups at the whistler definitely gets high marks for both flavor and presentation....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04AC2073-9376-43B8-9244-A06F9CA5AC7B.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	414.9 KB 
ID:	301396

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Were they drunk? Some people are really irresponsible about that kind of thing.
    I almost went down but recovered, when I looked back, buddy had gone down and scattered every piece of gear

I was sober, I duno if he was, i just kept going

Any hill in the midwest that has "mount" or "mountain" in their name.

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app
    "Skiing is the easy part, Carl."

I love all my grumpy old men here, but come on- complaining about skiing??? ...it's like pizza and making whoopy
    I hope to one day ski all of these underrated ski areas. I like seeing what they are like in real life so it's never really disappointing -even vail! I thought to myself- yep I see why all the wealthy w/e warrior desk jockey's like this place lol

but all kidding aside I've learned a lot from this thread. Where not to go when visiting a ski area is just as valuable
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The fuck?
    Yep and that is down from $170. I see why though. They get tons of people from the bay that make $500k a year that are taking the family up there for the weekend. That and they want everyone to but an epic pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Oh man, I’m of the opinion the ski owl is the best hill in Oregon. If only it was a little higher.

Higher and had faster chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how many are saying park city/DV. I'm not defending them, but I didn't think anyone actually thought they were good anyway. haha
    Because Park City is a big deal in racing, there are tons of race-oriented skiers in the Midwest (and probably the EC too?) who think Park City is THE place in Utah. I run into it in chairlift conversations sometimes and just smh.

And now they do t want to support racing anymore. Trying to spin the UZoP expansion as “better”

Fuck Vail

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    If only you could get the smokeshows to bend over forward for ya it would be perfect...

LOL
    TLDR; Ski faster. Quit breathing. Don't crash.

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    And now they do t want to support racing anymore. Trying to spin the UZoP expansion as “better”

Fuck Vail

Bladder, Was there any reaction to PC/vail boning their volunteer patrol?

Squaw Valley does not ski anything like Jackson or Mammoth, IDC what anyone says

Did you ever get a chance to actually see an Alta woman?....say other than the flash?