Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1592
    Woj: Celtics deal Kemba, a 2021 #16 FRP, and a 2025 SRP for Horford, Moses Brown and an OKC 2023 SRP.

How you guys feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Woj: Celtics deal Kemba, a 2021 #16 FRP, and a 2025 SRP for Horford, Moses Brown and an OKC 2023 SRP.

How you guys feel about that?
    OKC should love it... Boston not so much
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

It was Boston's only way to free things up and make real changes. Sometimes you have to pay extra to make it happen.

OKC really has too many picks now and needs to put a package together or something. Presti is draft pick crazy. Ha.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Do the Celtics covet Moses Brown, an undrafted two-way player for the Blazers who played his way to a four year $6.7 million contract?

I know nothing about Brown, except read that he has showed some promise. I don't love the trade but don't hate it either. Gives us some breathing room financially and it's not like it makes us worse on the court.

But it's not the only move, because now they have Robert Williams, Big Al, Tristan Thompson, and Brown on the roster. Either Williams is going ot get packaged in a blockbuster or Thompson is getting packaged in a smaller move.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    What’s OKC going to do with all those picks? They’re going to move Kemba. They have SGA, Dort, and a bushel of picks.

I don't see how this trade is a win for OKC significantly more than the Cs. Kemba is owed $20M more than Al, and I'm not sure who really will provide more value on the court at this point. The pick is middling, and as the Celtics have demonstrated, having a shitton of middling picks is no guarantee of a solid roster. The Cs have enough of those guys already, so losing the #16 isn't that harsh.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think OKC moves Kemba and a pick or two to sweeten the deal and gets something back….

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    I think OKC moves Kemba and a pick or two to sweeten the deal and gets something back….
    Probably this. I think Kemba gets to do the CP3 rehab tour and gets shipped out.
    Last edited by concretejungle; 06-18-2021 at 10:12 AM.

NBA 2020-2021, Let the Season Begin

Duplicate
    Last edited by 54-46; 06-18-2021 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Duplicate

Yeah, there's no way OKC wants to keep him. But unless they deal with someone with cap room, they are going to have to take money back.

so I will be reserving time in the get drunk and post as much you can thread later

Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley both listed as questionable for Game 6....

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    so I will be reserving time in the get drunk and post as much you can thread later

Donovan Mitchell, Mike Conley both listed as questionable for Game 6....
    They'll be rested and ready for game 7!
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Saw this today...

Steve Kerr was hired by the Warriors in 2014 and he's now the third longest tenured coach in the league! That's some crazy coaching turnover. Pop is number one, of course. Spoelstra in Miami is the other.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yeah, Carlisle was second before he quit, Stevens was among the longest when he moved upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't see how this trade is a win for OKC significantly more than the Cs. Kemba is owed $20M more than Al, and I'm not sure who really will provide more value on the court at this point. The pick is middling, and as the Celtics have demonstrated, having a shitton of middling picks is no guarantee of a solid roster. The Cs have enough of those guys already, so losing the #16 isn't that harsh.
    Because Kemba is a known quantity, so they can package him with a bunch of picks to get something better. It's not terrible for Boston as you point out. It allows them more cap space.

Because Kemba is a known quantity, so they can package him with a bunch of picks to get something better. It's not terrible for Boston as you point out. It allows them more cap space.
    As someone who follows the Cs, Kemba was anything but a known quantity, lol. That said, you're certainly right, he's still a useful player when he suits up, and if they add picks and take some salary back, someone will take him (just like happened with Boston trading him to OKC).

Kemba was a waste. Had a few good games. Didn’t play in more than a few. Sucked in a ton. Somewhat a salary dump. More dominoes coming.
    Decisions Decisions

So I leave this thread for a week, come back and my boy Adolf is talking Dame for Simmons? Are you fucking nuts, mang? Simmons is the definition of one dimensional. Great D for sure but he's in the good, not great legacy category.

20 years from now, peeps might know the name Ben Simmons. While Dame may or may not have a ring when he retires, if you're a basketball fan, you'll know his game.

Speaking of, I need to know how many mags agreed with Luka over Dame on First Team honors. I think you know where I stand. If not, watch game 5 of the Denver playoffs and name anyone not named Steph that could have done that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    So I leave this thread for a week, come back and my boy Adolf is talking Dame for Simmons? Are you fucking nuts, mang? Simmons is the definition of one dimensional. Great D for sure but he's in the good, not great legacy category.

20 years from now, peeps might know the name Ben Simmons. While Dame may or may not have a ring when he retires, if you're a basketball fan, you'll know his game.

Speaking of, I need to know how many mags agreed with Luka over Dame on First Team honors. I think you know where I stand. If not, watch game 5 of the Denver playoffs and name anyone not named Steph that could have done that.

Mang, I should've clarified. I don't want to trade dame; however, I'd he demands a trade I'd want to see him go somewhere that he has a chance at winning it all, and getting back a good player would be nice. If he wants to stay in PDX fantastic. CJ has to go then.

Mang, I should've clarified. I don't want to trade dame; however, I'd he demands a trade I'd want to see him go somewhere that he has a chance at winning it all, and getting back a good player would be nice. If he wants to stay in PDX fantastic. CJ has to go then.
    I feel better.

"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post

First, trading Dame for Simmons would have to be one of the worst basketball trades on the last 20 years.

Second, I love Lillard.

Third, while I get your argument over first team all NBA, and I think you have every right to that opinion, Luka gets it for me. I believe Luka is a generational talent, and while he may not be the scorer Dame is, I think he exerts more influence on a game.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    First, trading Dame for Simmons would have to be one of the worst basketball trades on the last 20 years.

Second, I love Lillard.

Third, while I get your argument over first team all NBA, and I think you have every right to that opinion, Luka gets it for me. I believe Luka is a generational talent, and while he may not be the scorer Dame is, I think he exerts more influence on a game.
    I agree on all 3.

What a disaster for Utah. Sorry, Dudes.

Yeah, I was rooting for Utah, in no small part because so many maggots are fans. Sorry fellas.