Question Trew Clothing- thoughts, sizing?

Yeh, Nea?

I’ve read (using search) that old reviews have them not fitting athletic thighs

How does sizing compare to Stio, Flylow, Spyder, FRS?

Need a new kit, feel free to suggest alternatives.

The strafe stuff is awesome. I have their nomad bib and jacket. Bib has looser thighs and is more Freeride. Event fabric is super breathable and zips in both sides. Evo has close outs

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I have a pair of their older Eagle pants, maybe like 4-5 years old at this point. I think they are plenty roomy through the thighs. Haven't really had any issues with durability, but their version of Superfabric doesn't seem quite as burly as what I have on my Sweet Protection pants.

I would also look at Strafe though as well. I loved the Nomad jacket I had. Pretty versatile jacket I could wear anywhere.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

What they said. I had the bibs, and no problem on the thighs and this is coming from a guy that typically has problems with thighs and butts being too tight on pants. I could even put my skis in the cargo pockets for short little laps and it didn't make them feel tight. They are durable as well. No complaints. I have Flylow bibs now because I found them for a good price, but I wouldn't hesitate to get another pair of Trew Gear.
    Thanks Shane

I have Trewth pants, Flylow an Stio, all in L. I'm 6-1, 185 lbs.
    Trewth are a little narrower than Flylow and a lot smaller than Stio. I have pretty big legs and the Trewth are fine in the thigh. I could wear M in the STio.

I was disappointed in the overall quality/fit & finish of a Strafe jacket I ordered this summer. Ended up returning it. Seemed like a generic foreign made coat with a high end brand label stuck on it to justify quadrupling the price.

I had a Trew jacket for a couple years that I liked, but given what all these brands cost, I tend to gravitate toward companies that don't use proprietary membranes.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I was disappointed in the overall quality/fit & finish of a Strafe jacket I ordered this summer. Ended up returning it. Seemed like a generic foreign made coat with a high end brand label stuck on it to justify quadrupling the price.

I had a Trew jacket for a couple years that I liked, but given what all these brands cost, I tend to gravitate toward companies that don't use proprietary membranes.
    I have original event ones and agree on quality of the new membrane. But the event or neoshell is great

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    I have original event ones and agree on quality of the new membrane. But the event or neoshell is great

Yeah, I should add that the Strafe I was unimpressed with used their proprietary shell fabric, not eVent or Neoshell.

I've had several Trew pieces over the years. While I enjoyed their Eagle pants, I ultimately found them too baggy. I sold my last pair a few years ago.

That said, the quality has been excellent. Durable and decently thought out.

I've owned three of their Cosmic jackets with similar success though felt they fit much better.

Regarding FlyLow, I find their pants too short, which requires you to size up. At that point, I find them too billowy. I'm hoping this year their tall sizes will make a medium a good option for me.

I own the Trewth bibs. I’d echo the above comments that they aren’t too tight. More baggy. Lots of room in the cargo pockets. Looks like they have a new slimmer fit bib pant this year. The only complaint I had was lots of fraying around the stitching at the hip pockets, otherwise they’ve held up fairly well.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

I emailed Trew. Got a really strange response......

And? What was the strange response?
    Thanks Shane

Quote Originally Posted by cpj.slc View Post
    And? What was the strange response?
    I provided 4-5 brands that fit well & some that dont & they said they were unfamiliar with any other brands & asked for my measurements. Everyone uses the same "Small is a 29-31 waist"..... so whats the point?

I've worn TREW for about 10 years. My wife and son also have shells from them. I'm on my second pair of Trewth bibs. The older ones were much more roomy/baggy than my 2018 model ones. I also have a pair of eagle pants but they are too short so I don't wear them. I've had to warranty a couple zippers and it takes longer than it should but they fix them. I haven't replaced my shell jacket for several years as the colors have been really...pretty bad although it last year was an improvement. Following the company for so long, I've seen kind of a hijack about 4-5 years or so. Newer designs, products and colors (faded, muted, camo looks) that just aren't great and it feels like they lost their way.

Flylow’s quality is pretty hard to beat. trew is the pretty much just as nice, but the colors are terrible I feel. I have two pairs of baker bibs and a couple Flylow jackets. Love them all. I’m 5’11 175 with no ass and big thighs and wear a large. I had medium Flylow spitfire bibs and they just felt too tight in the chest but not by much. I did wear those for a full season and just consider them more euro cut.

And I didn’t know it until the other day but there is a discount for Flylow if you are a blister member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trewth bibs were bomber. I had an older pair (2016?) and it fit quite baggy. I usually can't get my thighs or butt into anything slim fit whatsoever. At 5'10 175-180 they were quite baggy in a medium. went to flylow bibs after I skied into a barbed wire fence after 200+ inbounds days in those bibs

Quote Originally Posted by SoVT Joey View Post
    Flylow’s quality is pretty hard to beat. trew is the pretty much just as nice, but the colors are terrible I feel. I have two pairs of baker bibs and a couple Flylow jackets. Love them all. I’m 5’11 175 with no ass and big thighs and wear a large. I had medium Flylow spitfire bibs and they just felt too tight in the chest but not by much. I did wear those for a full season and just consider them more euro cut.
    Any opinion on their new "PNW" membrane that replace the Dermizax in a lot of their stuff?
    How does it compare to flylow?
    I am interested in a combination of:
    - Trew Cosmic / Trewth bib
    - Trew Cosmic / Flylow Baker bib
    - Flylow Quantum Pro / Flylow Baker bib

I like the idea of the waist adjustment on the baker bib.
    Last edited by Flippo; 10-23-2020 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Any opinion on their new "PNW" membrane that replace the Dermizax in a lot of their stuff?
    How does it compare to flylow?
    I am interested in a combination of:
    - Trew Cosmic / Trewth bib
    - Trew Cosmic / Flylow Baker bib
    - Flylow Quantum Pro / Flylow Baker bib

I like the idea of the waist adjustment on the baker bib.
    I've skied with the Baker Bib + Cosmic. It's a good kit, but dig in on the Baker bib sizing. I found it weird and had to size up to a Large, which made for too much material around the waist and billowy legs. That may be good for you based on your body type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I've skied with the Baker Bib + Cosmic. It's a good kit, but dig in on the Baker bib sizing. I found it weird and had to size up to a Large, which made for too much material around the waist and billowy legs. That may be good for you based on your body type.

Do you think that with a discount they are of good value?

Quote Originally Posted by Flippo View Post
    Do you think that with a discount they are of good value?
    It all depends on what you deem a good value.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    It all depends on what you deem a good value.

I just wonder if I can get better for <300$ or if I should increase my budget to 400 and have a Arcteryx Sabre AR or another gore tex jacket. I was set on the North Face Brigandine that I can have to sub 400$ but it looks that they won't come for the beginning of the season. Also, as I am only skiing resort (Tahoe) with a minimum of skinning, I don't need the most breathable shell on the market. I am just looking for something waterpoof in which I won't sweat too much.

Trew Clothing- thoughts, sizing?

I love my Trew Cosmic jacket so much I now own 3. One is now my dedicated fishing jacket, another will probably be sold for cheap as it’s beat and the other is like new a discontinued color that I dig. Love the pocket layout and have never been wet in them. Now my Trewth bibs are a different story. On my second pair, the bibs themselves are great, the boot cuff material SUCKS! This pair I took to a seamstress and had her sew in heavy cordura.
    Last edited by 2FUNKY; 10-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Beware the new trew warranty. The fine print is extensive and crazy.

But the product is nice.

I'm really digging the Cosmic jacket/Capow bib kit. Durable enough for resort days, yet breathable and relatively alpine-cut for the skintrack.

My kit is pretty recent, so cut a bit slimmer (which I like).

Also, they have the best damn customer service I've experienced in a while. Really impressive as of late.

+1 with 2FUNKY's take on the cuff material. Great idea re the cordura, but I wonder about finding a way to waterproof the new seams?