Page 385 of 471 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 11760
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I wear a necklace with some accessory cord and a zuni thunderbird and an elk pendant. It's basically a choker.

Some girl from steamboat asked me the other night if it was a bolo. And, I was wearing a t-shirt.
    You wear that and call someone else a gaper?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I embrace my inner gaper.

I embrace my inner gaper.
    As should we all. It’s easier that way.

Kinda like when someone asks if I stupid. I just say yes. Kinda shuts them up. They just feel bad.

We should all have t shirts that say Stupid Gaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    We should all have t shirts that say Stupid Gaper.
    But with an arrow so we can stand beside our friends and make them look quite foolish if I say so myself!

"where did all the snow go?"

I skied off Trail Ridge Road in RMNP yesterday. I got there early, but when I was walking back to my car along the paved trail hordes of tourists were arriving. More than a few folks commented on the skis on my pack with surprise, but I received one true gaper comment:

"Is there really still snow?"

This is the view from where we crossed paths:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190628_090843.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	650.8 KB 
ID:	287666

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I skied off Trail Ridge Road in RMNP yesterday. I got there early, but when I was walking back to my car along the paved trail hordes of tourists were arriving. More than a few folks commented on the skis on my pack with surprise, but I received one true gaper comment:

"Is there really still snow?"

This is the view from where we crossed paths:

Name:	IMG_20190628_090843.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	650.8 KB 
ID:	287666
    Very good. You do realize that walking that far to get to the snow is beyond the comprehension of the average tourist.

Very good. You do realize that walking that far to get to the snow is beyond the comprehension of the average tourist.
    That's what makes them gapers.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Except the line I skied was behind me when I took this picture. It starts at the end of the paved trail and goes down 2000 feet. You can also ski it straight from the road (on snow! which is visible from the road), but walking a 1/4 mile gets you an extra 200 vert and a better entrance.

Ok so im headed to the boat launch and i pull over to the side of the road about a 1000 ft from the launch to make sure im ready to put my boat in the water. This launch can get really busy so Im going over my checklist of shit i do before i launch when this pick up with two jet skis
    Pulls up and parks in front of me. This Chinese family gets out and is all excited about these two brand new jet skis they have. I give them a wave and a smile kinda of jealous i dont have two brand new jetskis. Anyways the driver of the truck hops on and fires up both skis and begins to rev the shit out of them. After realizing he has no idea what an impeller is I try and tell him to stop. Hes laughing and in broken English he tells me its ok he did this last time. I try and tell him hes gonna fuck his new toys up but he doesn't seem to give a fuck. So i proceed to the launch but not before someone else gets behind the wheel and he and another man im assuming his brother, ride on the jetskis red lining both PWCs the whole 1000 ft to the launch...
    Anyway they get in the water and what do you know both skis crap out." Owerheated," he says to me with his Chinese accent. "You were wight!" he says.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

"Where'd you go skiin'?"

See that line up there?

"That ain't snow. That's salt!"

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Ok so im headed to the boat launch and i pull over to the side of the road about a 1000 ft from the launch to make sure im ready to put my boat in the water. This launch can get really busy so Im going over my checklist of shit i do before i launch when this pick up with two jet skis
    Pulls up and parks in front of me. This Chinese family gets out and is all excited about these two brand new jet skis they have. I give them a wave and a smile kinda of jealous i dont have two brand new jetskis. Anyways the driver of the truck hops on and fires up both skis and begins to rev the shit out of them. After realizing he has no idea what an impeller is I try and tell him to stop. Hes laughing and in broken English he tells me its ok he did this last time. I try and tell him hes gonna fuck his new toys up but he doesn't seem to give a fuck. So i proceed to the launch but not before someone else gets behind the wheel and he and another man im assuming his brother, ride on the jetskis red lining both PWCs the whole 1000 ft to the launch...
    Anyway they get in the water and what do you know both skis crap out." Owerheated," he says to me with his Chinese accent. "You were wight!" he says.

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    Owerheated is Chinese for "Cracked Block"
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

I wear a necklace with some accessory cord and a zuni thunderbird and an elk pendant. It's basically a choker.

Some girl from steamboat asked me the other night if it was a bolo. And, I was wearing a t-shirt.
    HAHAAAAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    HAHAAAAAA!!!!
    Took you long enough. : -- )

This encounter took place Feb. 2018 in the parking lot of Emily Stevens Park, Wilson (?), Wy. This is on the east side of the Snake river off Hwy. 22. This area hosts a large Moose population year round.

I had just finished up an afternoon of XC skiing along the east bank of the Snake river and was walking to my car when I was approached by a very well dressed women, 50's ish, who had been standing next to a Range Rover.

Conversation went something like this -

Her: You look like someone who would know about these things.
    Me: Well, maybe. What can I help you with. (thinking, WTF. This should be good)
    Her: There is a baby Moose over there (pointing towards the woods). It's all alone. I don"t see it's mother anywhere. Who should I contact?
    Me: Don't worry about it. It's mother is somewhere close by. It will be OK.
    Her: We should call someone. It's all by it's self.
    Me: Just leave it alone. Mother Moose can be dangerous creatures.
    Her: (Now agitated that I am not giving her the confirmation bias she wants) WELL SOMEBODY HAS TO DO SOMETHING!

With that I walked off towards my car and she approached the next group walking into the parking lot.

Guess I'm not really someone who knows about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    This encounter took place Feb. 2018 in the parking lot of Emily Stevens Park, Wilson (?), Wy. This is on the east side of the Snake river off Hwy. 22. This area hosts a large Moose population year round.

I had just finished up an afternoon of XC skiing along the east bank of the Snake river and was walking to my car when I was approached by a very well dressed women, 50's ish, who had been standing next to a Range Rover.

Conversation went something like this -

Her: You look like someone who would know about these things.
    Me: Well, maybe. What can I help you with. (thinking, WTF. This should be good)
    Her: There is a baby Moose over there (pointing towards the woods). It's all alone. I don"t see it's mother anywhere. Who should I contact?
    Me: Don't worry about it. It's mother is somewhere close by. It will be OK.
    Her: We should call someone. It's all by it's self.
    Me: Just leave it alone. Mother Moose can be dangerous creatures.
    Her: (Now agitated that I am not giving her the confirmation bias she wants) WELL SOMEBODY HAS TO DO SOMETHING!

With that I walked off towards my car and she approached the next group walking into the parking lot.

Guess I'm not really someone who knows about these things.
    Same kind of mentality of those that ask why they didn't see any wildlife in a national park in the middle of a 90 degree day.

Name:	Image1563517765.705891.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	161.9 KB 
ID:	288828
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

Quote Originally Posted by mtnjam View Post
    Same kind of mentality of those that ask why they didn't see any wildlife in a national park in the middle of a 90 degree day.
    Shoulda told her the baby moose identified as a bear and was adopted by a sow

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    old news

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    old news
    LOL. I said it before, I'll say it again: where in the world is SVP?

Bobby's got a Ferrari FXsomethingrather for this dude. Actually, dude's probably more of a Lambo guy.

Also, dude on the far right in the back looks likes Mickey from Seinfeld.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

X

👏
    Failing to see gaper material ^^^