Page 31 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    anyone doing 'The Dirty Pizza' on Sunday?
    it's one town away from me, i'm in
    i don't have a cross-bike, so i think i'm gonna do it on my full-squish
    Orchard Hill is full-on hippie, should be a fun party
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    crab in my shoe mouth

I may have the day free and that was my plan B to the wompy race. Since I'm headed south the following week, Dirty pizza could be good. Like that area, good steep grunty climbs. Deliverance country, banjo's and stuff. Party?

Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    I may have the day free and that was my plan B to the wompy race. Since I'm headed south the following week, Dirty pizza could be good. Like that area, good steep grunty climbs. Deliverance country, banjo's and stuff. Party?
    the after party is supposed to be a hoot
    and yes, there is a very distinctive vibe in this part of the state
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    the after party is supposed to be a hoot
    Rite on

and yes, there is a very distinctive vibe in this part of the state
    Yeah, it's real. I can dig it.

Man it's dusty out there. Glasses didn't keep my eyes from getting gritty on the downhill.

Ohhh...the luv. So cute. Enjoy your road weenie race on dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Man it's dusty out there. Glasses didn't keep my eyes from getting gritty on the downhill.
    We've had light rain all day...thankfully. Much needed. My last ride at the local popular spot was so freaking dusty. It was hell.

Our better area with less crowds doesn't even have dirt I guess...kinda loamy, leafy, and rocky. It's nice Some day Rog is going to pony up an ride there with us.

Quote Originally Posted by strawjack View Post
    was so freaking dusty. It was hell.
    Huh. Must suck to be a mid packer😀

Huh. Must suck to be a mid packer��
    Even though I did laugh, the reality is we took turns going first because the dust sucked so bad. And our bro chuck had no glasses, so he led mostly....because you see, we're mtn bikers...we're chill...we're not dickheads...we're not in a race...we're there to enjoy...we're there to partake...we're there to support...we're there to stoke...we're there for the beers...man.

...but you still couldn't hang with us...you know where

What's rain?
    Saw a group of 10 or so shuttlers go by yesterday and laughed thinking about how choked out the back of the pack would get.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Even though I did laugh, the reality is we took turns going first because the dust sucked so bad. And our bro chuck had no glasses, so he led mostly....because you see, we're mtn bikers...we're chill...we're not dickheads...we're not in a race...we're there to enjoy...we're there to partake...we're there to support...we're there to stoke...we're there for the beers...man.
    So you're slow^^^^^^^at least that's what i'm reading, nothing wrong with that. I'm just in it for the pain and suffering, you know head down fuck you.

...but you still couldn't hang with us...you know where

Uh huh rite....

Another epic summer day. So surreal. Did a few loops on the towny trails this evening and enjoyed the sunset and moon. Dry for sure, even the clay is dusty.

Uh huh rite....
    Let's do it. Twice as easy with those fat tires biatch!

We'll be there tonight if the rain stops. Hopefully it won't though...nice to see the sky dropping some goodness our way. Even if it keeps raining we're scoping the new area down the way. More new lines to come

Let's do it. Twice as easy with those fat tires biatch!

We'll be there tonight if the rain stops. Hopefully it won't though...nice to see the sky dropping some goodness our way. Even if it keeps raining we're scoping the new area down the way. More new lines to come
    I only ride mornings before work. Wife likes me home in the evenings. May be riding there next Tuesday am.

I can pull that off sometime or a weekend. Next week is out though...gotta work, then headed to SC later in the week.

I can pull that off sometime or a weekend. Next week is out though...gotta work, then headed to SC later in the week.
    Phew! Oh good that'll give me some time to get my feet wet so I no be skerred to ride there with you

i tracked down a bike for Sunday
    let's party
    https://www.bikereg.com/the-dirty-pizza
    crab in my shoe mouth

Cool! What you get?

So I chose to work this morning on my birthday because I had some family stuff to do in the afternoon and I figured I'd take tomorrow and ride and maybe even play some golf. While doing family duty a girl backed into my car and I missed my daughers tennis match dealing with the cops and the girls dad then when I went to try and catch the end as I was walking up to the courts I stepped into a ditch and rolled my ankle. Now tomorrow looks like it will be spent at the body shop getting the estimate and then putting my foot up on ice. Fck.

Fack! Happy birthday and be well......bettah!

Bummer on the B-Day mess, ice it up.

rolling backyard last night, dry dusty fun. Except for more dumbing down going on. This tree fell 3 years ago and made for a tricky crossing, especially going up, got so I could make it 13 of 14 times approx. Now gone, thanks for nothing, the MRV has to be the most logless area I have ever ridden.

Had one of these and feel better

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Bummer on the B-Day mess, ice it up.

rolling backyard last night, dry dusty fun. Except for more dumbing down going on. This tree fell 3 years ago and made for a tricky crossing, especially going up, got so I could make it 13 of 14 times approx. Now gone, thanks for nothing, the MRV has to be the most logless area I have ever ridden.

Had one of these and feel better

100% ride-ability. How are they gonna have 300 ppl come ride your trails every festival if the trails are hard? Looks like you need some excavator work in there on that rock bridge. Probably some grant money laying around for it. Rode my backyard yesterday. Unreal what people will ride around. Full time job to keep the fools on trail these days and keep some technical challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    100% ride-ability. How are they gonna have 300 ppl come ride your trails every festival if the trails are hard? Looks like you need some excavator work in there on that rock bridge. Probably some grant money laying around for it. Rode my backyard yesterday. Unreal what people will ride around. Full time job to keep the fools on trail these days and keep some technical challenge.
    Someone cut a swath through my favorite log in Cady Falls last year. It was a total test piece that my son had just managed to clear. He didn't get to enjoy that feeling for long unfortunately. There was another great one years ago there that people left alone, and eventually it just got worn down and rotted away. The natural cycle is always better...

I'm just riding my road bike more and more on trail these days. No need for 2" knobs on featureless brown sidewalk

I'm just riding my road bike more and more on trail these days. No need for 2" knobs on featureless brown sidewalk
    pffft...you're blowing hot air again.

Little greasy last night on our mostly build ride. Was nice to get some rain, but the beaver pond was still all mud...we have a long way to go.