Page 30 of 82 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Might have been my best day this year at Alpy, went bell to bell pow on every lap. Really nice sleeper day for a Monday with an somewhat unexpected 10" new, lines never really developed and spot on openings made top to bottom laps $$$$. Dropping Stokes to Sucker Chute still untouched might have been the highlight but damn there were many. Big thanks to the patrol for getting the HighT going before the next storm cycle.

It's snowing pretty good @Alp right now- too bad the forecast is calling for some warming tomorrow morning and rain early before it switches back to snow. Tomorrow may be avalanche debris everywhere.
    Couldn't agree more. Hit up Alpy with some friends on my way back from Oregon, and wasn't disappointed. This makes two straight sleeper days on the lifts (including last Thursday at Baker).

It was my first day on some 188 cm Praxis Protest, which also did not disappoint. They shredded everything from the deep pow to the ice at the top of Nash. Given the forecast, I'll get a full review up once I have a few more days on them.

Looks like I'll be at alpental solo tomorrow. If anyone wants to meet up tomorrow, hit me up tonight or ask for change tomorrow. White gotamas, grey jacket/tan pants. It'd be good to meet some mags and ski together, especially if the bc opens with the increased avy danger.

^^I'm your huckleberry....

pm heading your way.

Is crystal going to be crazy packed tomorrow? I've got to decide now there or Alpental. And i need poles.

what size? may be able to help if you head to alpy.

I'm 6 2 48-52 works for me. Its looking like it'll probably be crystal. I'm at the mercy of my snowboarding cousin and her boyfriend and his friends. Who are quite cool for bringing me along so I don't have to drive the rental prius.
    Last edited by Chugachjed; 12-27-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    what size? may be able to help if you head to alpy.
    Really glad to hear that hopefully the knee is all-right....
    I'll look for you if you're come up.

fyi, EVERYWHERE will likely be crazy packed tomorrow given the hype.
    Still snowing...
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I'm 6 2 48-52 works for me. Its looking like it'll probably be crystal. I'm at the mercy of my snowboarding cousin and her boyfriend and his friends. Who are quite cool for bringing me along so I don't have to drive the rental prius.
    well i have an extra set of 52" and 48" that i'll throw in the roof box just in case you head my way. PMs make it thru to my email/mobile if your plans change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Really glad to hear that hopefully the knee is all-right....
    I'll look for you if you're come up.

fyi, EVERYWHERE will likely be crazy packed tomorrow given the hype.
    Still snowing...
    thanks, hope to see you around. MRI showed an intact ACL and meniscus but it still hurts considerably. Hoping i can put off the scope/clean it out surgery till the end of the season.

I see it is nuking at 'tal currently, and not warming yet as it has a bit at both Baker and XTal. I'm headed up, wanted to be there today, after making a few good turns on XMas day..my first day in two years, after getting the knee fixed. Seems to be good, but I'm a bit out of shape. Might not be able to keep up with ya, mofro.......but had to deal with a mess with L&I involving an injured employee from 2 months ago.....now an ex...and definitely an ex gf as well....f'in ***t...only took me for a deep 5 figures.... gullible old fart that I was..a sucker for 34D's......

Quote Originally Posted by rbtree View Post
    34D's......
    you ramble on and don't even bother to post pics ..

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    And i need poles.
    whoever said everywhere will be packed due to hype is right on the $$

re: the poles, you could probably just walk into the rental shop and ask nicely to borrow a pair for the day and they would probably hand them over if you are there early & it isn't too busy yet... most shops have way more poles than skis. just be sure to ask nicely, and you didn't hear it from me, ya know?

doughboyshredder Guest
    Now it's raining at the pass, and according to telemetry at the bottom of alpy. Bummer.

The ghetto rocked tonight... Fresh refills all night... Yum!!!! Another serving of the good all day tomorrow !!!!
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves

^^jeri534

I think we saw you in Moonlight. We lapped moonlight 3 times before heading home. It was probably the best ski day of 2010 for me. Consistently good powder top to bottom all day and no one around to compete with. When it's good you have to go...

Rain crain crust to top at Alpy this morning. Telemetry indicates same at Stevens and Xtal. You are warned.

I doubt there's rain crust at Xtal, all snow yesterday and I watched it snow on the radar up till this moment, no warms there I reckon.

Larry Schick is to blame.

Good news is the throng that got burned today won't be out in force if things improve later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
    I doubt there's rain crust at Xtal, all snow yesterday and I watched it snow on the radar up till this moment, no warms there I reckon.
    Telemetry indicates rain at Xtal base: Since midnight, 0.18" of precip, no snowfall and 5" decrease in snowpack. Maybe it's fine up higher, maybe not. Green Valley telemetry as limited info, as some of you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Steve View Post
    Telemetry indicates rain at Xtal base: Since midnight, 0.18" of precip, no snowfall and 5" decrease in snowpack. Maybe it's fine up higher, maybe not. Green Valley telemetry as limited info, as some of you know.
    Damn the telemetry, man! Well from 1st hand experience it was all hype and anti-climactic to say the least. Fog at the top for the first hour. Ski near the trees, hope the lite mist didn't freeze to your goggles, and render you blind. Still a few good turns in the very wind affected snow. Lift lines were getting ridiculous by 11 AM. Poor saps buying tickets were the longest lift lines I've seen since, well, since last week when Xtal ticket windows lost power.

But Green Valley was nice for a few runs. High Campbell was good but the line was a good 20 minute wait. Nothing to write home about. Certainly not epic but better than being at work. Anything below Forest Queen was crunchy. Left at 11:30 AM and the parking crews were having a hard time finding spots for the vehicles that just didn't stop coming. Good day for the Xtal cash register I'm sure.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

What was with all the fire trucks and ambulances going up xtal around 4?

Any beta on whether Stevens got the rumored rain crust? Was up there yesterday and it was sickter deep. Curious where things stand now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Any beta on whether Stevens got the rumored rain crust? Was up there yesterday and it was sickter deep. Curious where things stand now.
    Not quite rain crust, but really really soupy! All that fine fine snow is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Buke View Post
    ^^jeri534

I think we saw you in Moonlight. We lapped moonlight 3 times before heading home. It was probably the best ski day of 2010 for me. Consistently good powder top to bottom all day and no one around to compete with. When it's good you have to go...
    nice, that zone is freaking awesome, trees spaced perfectly, blower snow...I want to do more laps there!

do you guys hike back up the ridge and ride the skintrack down back to the snow road or do you ride all the way down and hike up Hwy 2?

No rain crust whatsoever at xtal.

Very, very busy.

Some good turns in NW before line got crazy.

SB opened 1.00ish. Sublime dense PNW pow off of king.

Not as good as yesterday overall other than for those SB turns.

Holidayze brought out a bunch of pushy, shouty aholes. Yes it is traditional and acceptable to put skis in line for the chair before it opens, no it is not not ok to try and move them. Yes we are standing in a line for a gate to open. It is not ok to ski straight up to the front...that's why you got shoulder charged of the traverse.... cunts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

crystal was a shitshow, so many people for 6" of heavy snow