Page 725 of 1076 FirstFirst ... 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 ... LastLast
Results 18,101 to 18,125 of 26884
    Man, what is it about cheap LED strips? They are just so cool. I mean stick them under your lowered street racer. Or line them around your lifted pavement princess. Just so many cool things you can do with them. Thinking I need to go down to the local home improvement mega store and get me some for the walkway.

Name:  kitchen-cabinets-with-LED-strip-lighting1.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  39.0 KB
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    I looked at an island for sale. An entire island. That would be really cool. 5 acres.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Took my boat and checked out the island. Smoked a bowl in complete peace. Spent several hours. Seriously thinking about buying this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1632410321.374853.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	386354

Name:	Image1632410367.411675.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	386355

Name:	Image1632410407.929875.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	386356

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Pretty cool Harry. Could you build a cabin? Water kinda green?

The Isle of Harry, has a nice ring to it.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Barcelona bans single room Airbnbs. Still allowing short term rentals of complete apartments. First major city in Europe to try to legislate away short term rentals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/22/t...smid=url-share

Quote Originally Posted by 4matic View Post
    Pretty cool Harry. Could you build a cabin? Water kinda green?
    Cabin = seasonal recreation cabin is yes. No septic, so portapotty. Electric would be solar.

Green water = Welcome to Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadman View Post
    The Isle of Harry, has a nice ring to it.
    Hellz yeah.

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Barcelona bans single room Airbnbs. Still allowing short term rentals of complete apartments. First major city in Europe to try to legislate away short term rentals.
    It's a good step but I think it's a bit backwards. Extra rooms are less likely to go back into the long term rental pool than full apartments.

Cabin = seasonal recreation cabin is yes. No septic, so portapotty. Electric would be solar.

Green water = Welcome to Wisconsin.

Hellz yeah.

Harry, I can't keep up with this thread. Did the place near Duluth fall through?

So where do you put shit and where do you get drinking water? Composting toilet? I thought composting toilet was illegal under most building codes?

Definitely put a wood fired sauna on it. I have dreams of building an electric one in my backyard, a wood fired one if I ever get land out in the sticks.

https://www.saunatimes.com/

I have a Berkey water filter system. We don't use it to drink lake water, but others on the internet claim to. Sure seems a lot better than the backpacking systems. Water filtered through it tastes awesome. It's kind of slow but I bet if you bring a gallon or three with you and fill it up when you arrive at the cabin it would not be bad. They make them up to 6 gallons. Survivalist forums would be the place to sort all this out- they have been egging each other on for a decade+.

I'm amazed at how popular saunas are in the northwoods, even in the hunting-type camps. I honestly didn't know that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    Harry, I can't keep up with this thread. Did the place near Duluth fall through?
    Yeah, hired a lawyer to look at the Lake Superior place. That easement was rock solid, nothing I could do about it. Best $300 I ever spent. Lawyer found where 30-some years ago there had been a court battle about it, and the Judge confirmed the easement is valid, even though it was not properly filed originally. Too bad as that was an awesome piece of property. 600+ feet of sandy beach. But that easement totally fucked up any prospect of building anything. Glad I took your advice and hired that lawyer.

So where do you put shit and where do you get drinking water? Composting toilet? I thought composting toilet was illegal under most building codes?

Definitely put a wood fired sauna on it. I have dreams of building an electric one in my backyard, a wood fired one if I ever get land out in the sticks.

recodenow.org/composting-toilets-in-oregon/

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I'm amazed at how popular saunas are in the northwoods, even in the hunting-type camps. I honestly didn't know that was a thing.
    Swedish ancestry’s?

Or Fin, the largest pop of Fins outside of Finland is Thunder bay where they love to suana and beat themselves with willow branches which explains a lot about the finnish psyche if you have ever drank with a Fin

suana should be pronounced so nay
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Or Fin, the largest pop of Fins outside of Finland is Thunder bay where they love to suana and beat themselves with willow branches which explains a lot about the finnish psyche if you have ever drank with a Fin

suana should be pronounced so nay
    The fuck?

SOW-na
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    I live in the north woods.

Was just talking about this with my kid - 15yo daughter. While we were both sweating in our sauna (sow-na).

Subject a: how many of your friends have a sauna at home? A: lots. So many Finns around here…..
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    The fuck?

SOW-na
    well the old GF used to say it fast n slur it a bit and i wasnt gona ask cuz you know ... Fin eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I live in the north woods.

Was just talking about this with my kid - 15yo daughter. While we were both sweating in our sauna (sow-na).

Subject a: how many of your friends have a sauna at home? A: lots. So many Finns around here…..
    Makes total sense now. Been out west too long, starting to lean in to areas up that way and have seen a pattern. Got lots to learn.

Lots of true out houses in Northern Wisconsin. I helped dig one about 20 years ago. Not sure about that close to water though. This cabin was 300 yards away from the lake. Guessing you could probably hand pound a well and get water.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/housi...090018014.html

The cliff notes -
    USA TODAY spoke to eight experts to find out if a housing crash is on the horizon.

The short answer? No.
    Name:  Mortgage Origin.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  45.0 KB

That's a nice chart, really tells a story

I dont know. Credit Score is a judgement, easily manipulated. I prefer income and net worth as a measurement of the market's health. Seems to be millions of people more concerned with some arbitrary number some bank can use to move paper when they feel it's convenient (didnt we learn anything from '08?), rather than building wealth by acquiring assets.

There have been multiple articles I've seen claiming a planned renumeration of credit scores...

What effect is a pot dispensary opening within 150ft of a SFH going to have on property values?

The whole neighborhood is fighting it and the application was rejected but the guy appealed and it goes to the county commissioners to decide.

Would be nuts if approved as its right by the school bus stop, a certain traffic/parking disaster, and no other pot shop is within 300ft of privately owned residences in the county (state?). In case the commissioners were to approve, anyone know options to fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.