Page 19 of 265 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    I'm going to go all reverse thread topic for you guys... kinda posted about this in the Shit that Annoys you thread, but there is more...

So we are moving houses and had been using my SUV with a friend's trailer. But we don't have the lock, and my hubs couldn't find (too lazy to look) for the lock he has, so instead of parking my car in the garage, we left it outside with the trailer hooked up. But took Christmas Eve and Christmas day off from moving, so it sat there for a couple days. .... got super cold on Christmas, woke up to -23 below, so colder than that overnight. My SUV battery was dead this morning. Ok, so we jump it, fine, working. I am taking his car to the old house, he and the kids have my SUV and are stopping for food on the way also. I get all the way to the new house (prob 30 min away from old house) and get a call... we are at the fast food place and the car is dead again.
    Me: fuck, why didn't you go through the drive thru?
    Him: Trailer was too tight, yada yada, so they went inside.
    Me: why didn't you leave the kids in the car (they are old enough) and just go in and get the food?
    Him: some reason, yada yada. But fine, I'll call AAA.
    Me: Jesus H Christ, I'm already turned around on my way.
    Him: Well, I left the jumper cables at the new house
    Me: HOLY FUCKING SHIT? WHAT?? Jesus, I'll go there and get them.

do all that, car restarts, we head to old house.
    Me: Just leave the car on, whatever you do.
    Him: Ok

Proceed to actually mumble about him being an idiot in front of the kids (great move there).

a while later, I need to take the SUV to Goodwill. I get in, noticing it's OFF. ... dead. WTF Husband???? At least we have the cables. Jump it again. Proceed to Goodwill.

Since it's still freaking -20 the Goodwill bay immediately closes the doors while you are dropping off, so I decide I should shut off the car (it's inside, right? And only for a minute).... yeah, won't start. Fuck.. Go to call hubby, my phone is also dead. WTF. Ask goodwill guy to borrow his phone & for a push out of the bay/garage.

Hubby answers, I'm like yeah, can you get to Goodwill asap, car is dead. He is like, yes dear. Ha

Proceed to Sam's Club for a new battery. All is good. Finish packing garage in -20 degree weather & we are all cranky as hell. Finally home now in front of a fire and checking TGR to see what everyone else is complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by hikesalot View Post
    I'm going to go all reverse thread topic for you guys... kinda posted about this in the Shit that Annoys you thread, but there is more...

So we are moving houses and had been using my SUV with a friend's trailer. But we don't have the lock, and my hubs couldn't find (too lazy to look) for the lock he has, so instead of parking my car in the garage, we left it outside with the trailer hooked up. But took Christmas Eve and Christmas day off from moving, so it sat there for a couple days. .... got super cold on Christmas, woke up to -23 below, so colder than that overnight. My SUV battery was dead this morning. Ok, so we jump it, fine, working. I am taking his car to the old house, he and the kids have my SUV and are stopping for food on the way also. I get all the way to the new house (prob 30 min away from old house) and get a call... we are at the fast food place and the car is dead again.
    Me: fuck, why didn't you go through the drive thru?
    Him: Trailer was too tight, yada yada, so they went inside.
    Me: why didn't you leave the kids in the car (they are old enough) and just go in and get the food?
    Him: some reason, yada yada. But fine, I'll call AAA.
    Me: Jesus H Christ, I'm already turned around on my way.
    Him: Well, I left the jumper cables at the new house
    Me: HOLY FUCKING SHIT? WHAT?? Jesus, I'll go there and get them.

do all that, car restarts, we head to old house.
    Me: Just leave the car on, whatever you do.
    Him: Ok

Proceed to actually mumble about him being an idiot in front of the kids (great move there).

a while later, I need to take the SUV to Goodwill. I get in, noticing it's OFF. ... dead. WTF Husband???? At least we have the cables. Jump it again. Proceed to Goodwill.

Since it's still freaking -20 the Goodwill bay immediately closes the doors while you are dropping off, so I decide I should shut off the car (it's inside, right? And only for a minute).... yeah, won't start. Fuck.. Go to call hubby, my phone is also dead. WTF. Ask goodwill guy to borrow his phone & for a push out of the bay/garage.

Hubby answers, I'm like yeah, can you get to Goodwill asap, car is dead. He is like, yes dear. Ha

Proceed to Sam's Club for a new battery. All is good. Finish packing garage in -20 degree weather & we are all cranky as hell. Finally home now in front of a fire and checking TGR to see what everyone else is complaining about.
    Sounds normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Sounds normal.
    yeah, but if this was reverse, you guys would be all annoyed with your beautiful wives. ... goes both ways, just sayin' I was seriously thinking what an idiot. Jeezus!!! Then I also turn off the car.

I'm sorry to break this to you here but your husband's man card has been revoked.

ps. are you sure all is good with the alternator?

Once when it was super cold last winter my car needed jumped after not getting started for a day.

I had the battery tested and they said I needed a new one but the car kept starting so I didn't get one, but then when my leg broke and I couldn't drive it drained and wouldn't hold a charge, so I had to buy a new battery.

It worked out nice, though, because my leg was broke my friend put it in for me and he cleaned the whole thing way better than I would have.

I don't think he was annoyed, either.

That could be because some guys aren't assholes.

I know that. I know tons of rad guys. Pretty sure I never said all men were assholes.

This thing, it's awesome: DBPOWER 600A Peak 18000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter (up to 6.5L Gas, 5.2L Diesel Engine) Battery Booster and Phone Charger with Smart Charging Port https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D42TYFC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

There is one that will also air up a tire. I was going to buy one after my two flat tires incident but then bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm sorry to break this to you here but your husband's man card has been revoked.

ps. are you sure all is good with the alternator?
    thank you I feel the same. WTF husband? .... now, he was with me to get the new battery (because I refuse to belong to Sam's club (I don't need that MUCH SHIT in my life) but he belongs -- again, man card revoked, but it did work for me in this pinch) and he asked about the alternator, which I wouldn't have thought to ask about. They said that was fine. I swear we are reverse gender stereotypes sometimes. But I guess it works? We get equally annoyed with each other. But I love me some TGR and he thinks I'm odd. <shrug>

edit: i would love to hang with TGR peeps, but I'm pretty sure he'd think I'd gone crazy if I flew out to BBI to hang with mostly guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I know that. I know tons of rad guys. Pretty sure I never said all men were assholes.
    Nope just implied it like 100000000000000000 times.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    This thing, it's awesome: DBPOWER 600A Peak 18000mAh Portable Car Jump Starter (up to 6.5L Gas, 5.2L Diesel Engine) Battery Booster and Phone Charger with Smart Charging Port https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D42TYFC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf
    I am so getting that. Thanks. Hubby had his mancard revoked, but he did mention there was something out there like this. But leave it to TGR to actually give me a link. Love you people

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Nope just implied it like 100000000000000000 times.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    hey now, we were having peace and harmony here.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    There is some stupid fucking app that puts makeup virtually on your face and my wife is determined to try it on me through some not-so-subtle trickery, and I presume she can take a pic of it, and therefore have a really really sexy pic of me in some 80's slutty makeup.

It's exhausting to avoid and now annoying as hell trying to prevent this from happening.

Looking at this thread, I guess it could be worse.
    Your wife is either hilarious or kinky. Not much to complain about there.

We had a hot water issue a while back, and I said I was going to to go fix the hot water, and she goes, are you going to call the city?
    Me - uh, no? Why should I call them?
    Her - well don't we get hot water from the city?
    Me - well we get water from the city. But the city doesn't heat it, we have a water heater and pay for gas to heat the water in the water heater. The water heater is downstairs.
    Her - oh.
    And I walk away thinking, how the hell can you go through life with no understanding at all about how things work.
    sigless.

thank you I feel the same. WTF husband? .... now, he was with me to get the new battery (because I refuse to belong to Sam's club (I don't need that MUCH SHIT in my life) but he belongs -- again, man card revoked, but it did work for me in this pinch) and he asked about the alternator, which I wouldn't have thought to ask about. They said that was fine. I swear we are reverse gender stereotypes sometimes. But I guess it works? We get equally annoyed with each other. But I love me some TGR and he thinks I'm odd. <shrug>

edit: i would love to hang with TGR peeps, but I'm pretty sure he'd think I'd gone crazy if I flew out to BBI to hang with mostly guys.
    Meh- BBI better than MMF. Explain it that way. That should go over well.

WTF husband? .... now, he was with me to get the new battery (because I refuse to belong to Sam's club (I don't need that MUCH SHIT in my life) but he belongs
    You both don't realize that a primary membership for him includes a card for you?

Sounds like from the above posts that the retard goes both ways for sure.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    There is one that will also air up a tire. I was going to buy one after my two flat tires incident but then bikes.
    I have a portable air compressor too. Separate device, didn't see an all in one product (not surprised to hear one exists though), but they seem different enough that it seems best to have separate products.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I am so getting that. Thanks. Hubby had his mancard revoked, but he did mention there was something out there like this. But leave it to TGR to actually give me a link. Love you people
    I've only had it for three months or so, but it jumped me twice (and I have a 4.7L 8cylinder engine) and a random guy in the parking garage once, and it charges devices like phones and stuff. By the third jump it took all of 3 minutes to do, if that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You both don't realize that a primary membership for him includes a card for you?

Sounds like from the above posts that the retard goes both ways for sure.
    He informed me that he only belongs because he can get it for free on his mom's membership (he's her extra card & she pays). SO, I can't get another card. And I want nothing to do with his mother. AND who the hell still is on their mom's membership at age... well, in his 40s. I can't take it. But he won't budge on it.

He informed me that he only belongs because he can get it for free on his mom's membership (he's her extra card & she pays). SO, I can't get another card. And I want nothing to do with his mother. AND who the hell still is on their mom's membership at age... well, in his 40s. I can't take it. But he won't budge on it.
    So your husband lives with his Mom?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by basinbeater View Post
    We had a hot water issue a while back, and I said I was going to to go fix the hot water, and she goes, are you going to call the city?
    Me - uh, no? Why should I call them?
    Her - well don't we get hot water from the city?
    Me - well we get water from the city. But the city doesn't heat it, we have a water heater and pay for gas to heat the water in the water heater. The water heater is downstairs.
    Her - oh.
    And I walk away thinking, how the hell can you go through life with no understanding at all about how things work.
    I am on fire tonight.... so we are in this new house... I shower & it's barely luke warm ( I like hot). I mention it to hubby, he says, well, I guess that's as hot as it gets. I'm like, unless the water heater is turned all the way up, please go turn it fucking higher. A-hole trying to save money. hehe

no, like 7 hours drive away and haven't seen her in 2 years. But I guess Sam's club doesn't check up on that.

edit: he was still on her car insurance when we were dating... after he proposed I said I refused to marry him if he was still on his mom's insurance. WTF??? At age 30something?? Professional??? He is super cheap. I mean, I'm thrifty, but holy shit. Really, he is mostly awesome. But there are some things...

I think we might need some pictures and details here hikesalot. Sounds like your hubby is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I think we might need some pictures and details here hikesalot. Sounds like your hubby is an idiot.
    of my husband? I mean, he's handsome, but...