Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    just got the giro chronicle. comfy and good value

Giro 9. Great venting, light weight and fits my cone shaped cranium.
    Master of mediocrity.

Anyone ride the montaro? http://www.giro.com/us_en/montaromips.html. Seems to have decentreviews

New year and it's finally time to replace an old road helmet I've been using for mtb too. Looking to use on some bikepacking trips this year and local singletrack (nothing too gnarly).

I rock the Giro Montaro and its great. More oval in head shape so I find it to fit me the best out of most helmets I've tried. 3 position visor stays put well too. Only criticism is the absorption pads aren't that absorbing, i.e. I seem to sweat more into my eyes than previous helmets (Mavic, Specialized, IXS) I've owned.

IMO the technology that Leatt and 6D especially, and Kali incorporate are above everybody else (and MIPS), however their fits just suck (or just don't fit me; but I've heard that from others too).

Bought mrs jm2e a TLD A2 for xmas to replace her A1. She immediately rejected it and is now ordering another A1. Since the reason many people loved the A1 was that it's the most comfortable half shell evar, I'm surprised by the new lid.

Meanwhile, I tried on a number of MIPs helmets at REI recently. Surprised how much movement there is when I shake my head. Kind of distracting and annoying and imagine it doesn't go away on the trail. Maybe I'm making too much of it, but definitely not a single one of them had me wanting to drop a hundo to replace my current lid. Would definitely be interested in trying on the Leatt & Kali helmets.

So there.
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    ...Surprised how much movement there is when I shake my head. Kind of distracting and annoying...Maybe I'm making too much of it....
    You prolly know already, but one way to test fit is put helmut on, do it up, and try and pull it off your head.
    If you can get it off, it is no good.

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    You prolly know already, but one way to test fit is put helmut on, do it up, and try and pull it off your head.
    If you can get it off, it is no good.
    Hey thanks for the advice. I just put a chin strap on my rice cooker and as it turns out, it’s a good fit. Stoked!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

...says the guy constantly shaking his head as he goes along the trail?

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...