Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Yeah, the 45’s are manageable but once you get to the 65 and up, not so much.
    Got a Monoprice 65 rotomolded... Weighs 45ish pounds unloaded. A crew-served beast loaded for a car or boat camp, but can hold fucktonnes of frozen food & beer cold on a boat for at least 5 days up here, if you replace beer with fish fillets. Hellafied boat/raft boxes if you 303 or UV spray wax them on the reg. Ready to get down and party, if you have something with a motor holding it up.

Monoprice sells a full range of rebranded RTICs/Orcas, white tan blue gray, 1/2 the price of anybody else, & free shipping to Lower 48. A 907 window oval sticker fits perfectly in the "Pure Outdoor" logo square.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15640

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156381.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	329552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156382.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	329553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	393311.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	329554
    Last edited by highangle; 05-24-2020 at 03:00 PM.

I pulled the trigger on one of these too. Glad I did. Solid cooler, reasonable price. On sale even. My monoprice sticker came off immediately. Replace with custom sticker. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Got a Monoprice 65 rotomolded... Weighs 45ish pounds unloaded. A crew-served beast loaded for a car or boat camp, but can hold fucktonnes of frozen food & beer cold on a boat for at least 5 days up here, if you replace beer with fish fillets. Hellafied boat/raft boxes if you 303 or UV spray wax them on the reg. Ready to get down and party, if you have something with a motor holding it up.

Monoprice sells a full range of rebranded RTICs/Orcas, white tan blue gray, 1/2 the price of anybody else, & free shipping to Lower 48. A 907 window oval sticker fits perfectly in the "Pure Outdoor" logo square.

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15640

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156381.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	329552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	156382.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	329553Click image for larger version. 

Name:	393311.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	329554

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Any new opinions on rotomolded coolers? Thinking of a Kenai 45 for $200 or maybe the Monoprice Pure Outdoor open box for $158
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I just got a pelican 70 and it is a little bigger than I thought it would be. If anyone is interested let me know. I want to downsize to the 50 (I think). Shipping may be a bitch tho.

Sent from my SM-G973U using TGR Forums mobile app

Yeti is no better than some great examples posted above. I have a yeti with the wheels and only got that since it was free on Am Ex points and only one with wheels/handle at time.

I cant see really any difference from RTC, Orca, Pelican, etc.

looking at RTIC soft side at the moment.

dry ice wrapped in towel on bottom is your friend.

I just bought the soft sided 20 cooler (same internal volume as soft sided Yeti 30, 20ish quarts) and the hard sided 35 (same volume as Yeti 45, 35ish quarts) from Canyon Coolers .

Honestly super impressed with these coolers, many reviews I've read say they outperform yeti in ice retention, they're also legitimately leakproof. The company was started by some dirtbaggers in flagstaff, found out 80% of each cooler is made in the USA and they have a lifetime warranty which is pretty dope. Also they're actually affordable.

Figured other mags would want to check it out as well.

edit: here's a video comparison I found useful, cause I didn't want to spend hours comparing the specs of different coolers
    aerospace eng with a gravity fetish
    ig

Canyons coolers are pretty sweet. Designed with multi-day raft trips in mind so they fit in raft frames generally really well.

I see Igloo is in the hard cooler game, https://www.igloocoolers.com/collect...y=best-selling

That Igloo isn't a rotomold but it is heavily insulated. I will probably purchase one, if I do expect a review shortly after. Igloo has been making hardsided coolers for a long time.
    Move along nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    That Igloo isn't a rotomold but it is heavily insulated. I will probably purchase one, if I do expect a review shortly after. Igloo has been making hardsided coolers for a long time.
    I'm kinda hot for the BMX 52, how bad can it be?

Out golfing today in 93 degree heat and humidity and a guy i rode with had a Yeti tumbler. My cold beer from the cart girl was piss warm in 20 minutes and he was still sucking ice water with ice floating around in the tumbler. I was super impressed and thought I'd splurge for one, but checked here first and saw this thread. I just ordered a couple of Arctic tumblers for the wife and I for $14 each and will return if they don't fit the bill.

That Canyon vs. Yeti comparison video up above is interesting.

Lots of reviews here too: https://www.coolersonsale.com

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

The necessity of owning a super insulated rotomolded cooler certainly debatable but everyone ought to have a couple of vacuum insulted tumblers in the cabinet! I've been every but as happy with the Ozark trail tumblers as I have been with the yeti ones.
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    The necessity of owning a super insulated rotomolded cooler certainly debatable but everyone ought to have a couple of vacuum insulted tumblers in the cabinet! I've been every but as happy with the Ozark trail tumblers as I have been with the yeti ones.
    We’ve been using a Hydro-flask as a growler to bring beer to the beach. Even my black one (gift) keeps liquid cold for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    We’ve been using a Hydro-flask as a growler to bring beer to the beach. Even my black one (gift) keeps liquid cold for hours.
    We made a cocktail in a hydro flask 64oz growler and took it to lake Powell. Forgot about it, as we had plenty of other beverage options. Opened it a week after making the cocktails and there was still ice. Pretty amaze.

We have two RTIC coolers. Nice, but honestly, my old coleman 5 day still gets a lot of use.

My only real gripe on the RTIC is that the rubber feet don't slide on the truck bed and catch on it and sometimes pull out. Might just take them out all together and let it slide around.

Got an Everbuilt, identical to Yeti. 26 qt, got it for SUP use mainly, $100 shipped online.

Buddy told me he saw the same one at Home Depot for $80.
    watch out for snakes

Hmmm, was gonna post a picture but the picture icon is gone along with a bunch of other stuff.
    Last edited by SB; 07-22-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    watch out for snakes

It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    That guy is pretty funny and spot on.

After a few buddies all switched to the lifetime coolers about a year ago and raving about them. That will be my next “thuper cooler”.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    How does the Ozark match your lifestyle though? Did you have to get a wood camo baseball cap to match and ditch the trucker cap?

America's Test Kitchen did a test of a bunch of coolers and rated Yeti tops for cold retention, beating out Pelican. I believe they were the only two super insulated they tested. They rated Coleman number one for cheap coolers. The secret of the yeti was the quality of the foam--more trapped air.

You can probably get a deal on the one they cut in half. A little duct tape and good as new.

I wonder if there are any coolers that fit into other coolers.
    Kinda a cooler Cooler so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    America's Test Kitchen did a test of a bunch of coolers and rated Yeti tops for cold retention, beating out Pelican. I believe they were the only two super insulated they tested. They rated Coleman number one for cheap coolers. The secret of the yeti was the quality of the foam--more trapped air.

You can probably get a deal on the one they cut in half. A little duct tape and good as new.
    Having seen many vids of guys that throw ice in multiple coolers, side by side, and then check the temp and status of the ice over many days, did ATK do something different in their test?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Having seen many vids of guys that throw ice in multiple coolers, side by side, and then check the temp and status of the ice over many days, did ATK do something different in their test?
    Yeah, there are exactly 459,475,036 of these tests on youtube. It is honestly a pretty weird thing for people to be obsessed with how long a cooler keeps ice from melting. But at least it gives these guys something to do I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, there are exactly 459,475,036 of these tests on youtube. It is honestly a pretty weird thing for people to be obsessed with how long a cooler keeps ice from melting. But at least it gives these guys something to do I guess.
    Seriously. Can’t river runners just eat some canned or freeze dried shit for the last 2 days of their trip and not obsess about 31 more hours of ice retention?